REVISION CLASSES PRELIMS 2017 NEW SCHEDULE

ForumIAS is conducting revision classes for Prelims 2017. Due to extremely high number of candidates taking up classes, we have come up with a new schedule which will repeat the classes already held. The goal is to cover maximum topics in minimum time possible. So if you have not been able to attend these, please register. Seats fill up in a few hours, so register early. Click Here to know more and register early to avoid inconvenience

2 Times PRE failed (Cse) within 10 marks range both times.Did not give in 2016 and given up

Contd..

Given up preparation too

Want to start again but too low on confidence.

Any words of wisdom will be very helpful .
·

Comments

• edited January 8
    why u did so .. why u abandoned .. low confidence is justified with your previous failed attempts . but have u taken guarantee in next year too that u will fail .. then its okay .. bro 10 marks are nothing but 4 questions .. why you dont think in this way ..
    ·
  • Rise and rise again till you achieve your goal.
    There are people who failed in 4 Prelims exam ,u can check it in google .First devote time on the area where u lack and any resource needed .Than start the preparation with iron hand.

i will be glad if i can help you on any matter.Feel free to drop me message.
    ·
  • edited January 8

Rise and rise again till you achieve your goal.
    There are people who failed in 4 Prelims exam ,u can check it in google .First devote time on the area where u lack and any resource needed .Than start the preparation with iron hand.

i will be glad if i can help you on any matter.Feel free to drop me message.

goal hai hi nahi . tabhi to he gave up .. he has alternatives
    ·
  • Contd..

Given up preparation too

Bhai bridging 10 marks as said above is not difficult...it's just a matter of reducing 4 incorrect answers. Proper analysis of ur previous attempt with respect to ur strong areas and where u did more mistakes will help out in increasing ur score. Take out question papers of ur previous attempt n do a through analysis by dividing the paper into various sections. This helps in giving u a clear picture on where u need to work upon. I did this in 2015 when csat was removed by analyzing my attempt in 2014. I could improve my score from 102 in 14 to 140.6 in 15. I hope this helps. :)
    ·
  • failure is justified til u r failed . when u r passed .failure has place down to your shoes
    ·
  • Contd..

Given up preparation too

During interview I had met a girl..she had failed in pre twice and in third attempt she had reached the interview stage…I couldn't get my name in list last time..but I checked hers..she had rank to get IPS or Income tax easily…

·
  • Bro I cleared ptelims in my third attempt, in 2016, after 2 failures in 2014 & 15.
    Let me tell u in few words, not wat went wrong with my preparation previously, you could find plenty of strategies to prepare online, but what helped me to be focused n motivated most of the time.

Before looking at faults in your preparation make sure that "you know what you want to do in your life", dont be indecisive. If you don't have any issues with resolution, then frankly I believe more than half of the problem solved. No strategy can work without hardwork driven by your will in exams like Upsc.

·
  • Start. Once you start studying, you will feel that there is little time left for 2017 exam. When we don't study, we think that there is still time and we would manage it. Once the study resumes, we feel the sheer want of time almost everyday. When you start your study, low confidence would be replaced by fear of failure due to less time devoted to study. It will push you to focus on study more and less wandering of mind about results issue. So better, Start studying.

I owe you a great deal for putting this obvious fact into such simple words. God bless you :-)
    ·
  • edited January 8
    First attempt, scored 104/200 as per keys. Not sooo bad but age, quitting a decent job and a late start have been giving nightmares often. No one to talk to about the feeling behind a strong face.

It's such a connecting post and the replies deserve applause and respect.

Thanks a ton @worktillinfinity @Reddy_2ruly @Raw_Emotions @kummies @TheWhiteTiger :)
    ·
  • edited January 8
    sometimes, giving up is good; struggle, fight, success, are not the only good things to do in life.

Success is overrated. We must look for happiness in life and not success.
    ·
  • edited January 8
    Not clearing pre with 10 marks is a huge deal..in pre 10 marks mean a lot. For clearing pre without any doubts you should always score around 130(given the rise in cutoff in recent years).

My suggestion for you would be. 1) Do not lose hope. 2) prepare for both factual and conceptual type of questions.. memorising facts helps a lot in pre. 3) practice mock tests + questions available online as much as you can. I would suggest you should practice daily.. there are websites like gktoday etc where questions are given for free..solve 30-40 ques daily..do not be pissed off even if you dont get many correct..the deal here is not to get max correct but to learn why you marked them wrong and get ur facts/concepts cleared further...this helps a lot

See, 70-80 questions in pre are from the same data bank to which all of us have access to..material + online..get to know most of that and you will be able to answer max questions. And cram as much as you can..all facts..nowdays upsc asks too many facts.. inbox me whatever doubts you have regarding prep strategy. I shall be glad to help.
    Valar Morghulis
    ·
  • I wrote mains in 2014. I lost it by margin.

Again I prepared well for mains 2015. But failed prelims itself by margin of 2marks. It was "2 marks".

I prepared again and passed prelims in 2016 and wrote mains this year.

Even if I fail this year, I am going to hit it again with same enthusiasm and energy.

In simple words, my experience is, no one can motivate you. It is you yourself, who is motivator to yourself.

One more thing, in CSE 10 marks is huge. Single mark decides whether you are in list or not, whether you are in IPS or IAS, whether you get cadre of your choice or not.

So if you wanna start again, remember these lines-

He who who says he can and he who says he can’t are both usually right.
    Confucius

Choice is yours
    ·
  • First attempt, scored 104/200 as per keys. Not sooo bad but age, quitting a decent job and a late start have been giving nightmares often. No one to talk to about the feeling behind a strong face.

It's such a connecting post and the replies deserve applause and respect.

Thanks a ton @worktillinfinity @Reddy_2ruly @Raw_Emotions @kummies @TheWhiteTiger :)

i also started late in my carrier but only difference is that i have not quit the job .If you think that you can work as well as prepare than u can join some company .I suggest it because it will reduce your pressure and no one will question about ur failure.
    ·
  • Failed prelim twice...did not give 2016 attempt..low confidence but ive made up my mind to appear this time...
    ·
  • PS- this thread is quite encouraging..
    ·
  • dont waste ur life in upsc prep if u have some good options..if u dont have anythng to lose..den keep fighting.
    ·

Again I prepared well for mains 2015. But failed prelims itself by margin of 2marks. It was "2 marks".

Even if I fail this year, I am going to hit it again with same enthusiasm and energy.

In simple words, my experience is, no one can motivate you. It is you yourself, who is motivator to yourself.

One more thing, in CSE 10 marks is huge. Single mark decides whether you are in list or not, whether you are in IPS or IAS, whether you get cadre of your choice or not.

Confucius

Choice is yours

Please tell me what is your backup plan? I have appeared for 2 interviews and CSE mains 2016 yet not in a position to attempt next
    ·
  • Contd..

Given up preparation too

Others will chip in with their advice.

I will only advise not to leave the job if you have one. Keep preparing for RBI, SSC and other jobs which come from time to time. These will give you reason and comfort to keep attempting UPSC.
    Because I hope you clear pre this time, but then there is mains and interview too.

This part nobody will tel you but you are in it alone brother, at the end of the day.
    ·

Confucius

Choice is yours

:D
    ·
  • This exam is ruthless..if you are ready to give 100 percent once again then go for it..otherwise leave it..life is much more than upsc.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google