Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

Norman Lowe - chapters/topics to study.

As there are emany chapters in the book, and revision is to be done. So, any specific chapters are to be studied or the entire book ?

(NCERTs are also to be studied + vision notes available)
Seniors kindly guide us.
·

Comments

• Yaa please guide . Are there specific chapters/ topics which ought to be done from norman lowe or it should be left all together? @pizza @Burger @DrKingSchultz @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @Geheimnisse @longstockingpipi @Haider @PatiencenHope @Dr_Strange @others
    •~dangal dangal~•
    If those who think to achieve,
    Have a firm and focused mind,
    They will realize what they thought of,
    And even as they have thought of.
    Thirukkural
    ·
  • edited January 11
    i have done this book,all chapters,but made summary till world war 2. i feel it shud be done till world war 2.very less questions come from WH but if u are starting now u may do it once,else arjun dev is also a good book and can be covered in one-fifth of its time.moreover both books are since 1900 only,so see the cost benefit and then pick it.but one thing is for sure---its the ulimate book on WH.
    In Love With My Life Claudia Sampedro !
    ·
  • i agree with @Geheimnisse . I have always done arjun dev & complemented with vision WH booklet. Since in my opinion WH Q either are very easy so you need to attempt them nicely or its less known Q . Therefore it tends to have low output/input ratio.
    ·
  • I have not done this..Did arjun dev,And studied event specifically from various random sources Ncert,You tube videos..dint even revised before exam..vse bhi aaya western african leaders role tha.
    Now It Ends...
    ·
  • edited January 11

i have done this book,all chapters,but made summary till world war 2. i feel it shud be done till world war 2.very less questions come from WH but if u are starting now u may do it once,else arjun dev is also a good book and can be covered in one-fifth of its time.moreover both books are since 1900 only,so see the cost benefit and then pick it.but one thing is for sure---its the ulimate book on WH.

+2017
    For exam- Arjun dev+ vision history booklet+few Crash course video for revision
    For general Bakar- NL/pax indica/does elephant dance.
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
    ·
  • @ burger ..do I have vision world history booklet in pdf..can u give link. .tia
    ·
  • More than books,What i feel is that you should have skill of creating a good answer based on the basic information and knowledge you hd gained during the course of your preparation or before that.
    Now It Ends...
    ·
  • edited January 11
    eddiee22 said:

@ burger ..do I have vision world history booklet in pdf..can u give link. .tia

how would I know whether you have it or not? :/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B09kMr7btph8Ym5DSUI4X3dRMGM/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B09kMr7btph8UU1lSi1UM1JGRnc/view
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
    ·
  • More than books,What i feel is that you should have skill of creating a good answer based on the basic information and knowledge you hd gained during the course of your preparation or before that.

aka intellectual bakar B)
    Currently reading : The Last Mughal, A Feast of Vultures
    ·
  • Sorry I never reffered that buk..so no info available :) for me ncert plus Vaji notes plus selective reading of vision is more than enough :)
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
    ·
  • edited January 11
    @burger haan bhai I meant u only :# ..I typed it in hurry ..thnks for the link :)
    ·
  • @all Thanks :) :)
    •~dangal dangal~•
    If those who think to achieve,
    Have a firm and focused mind,
    They will realize what they thought of,
    And even as they have thought of.
    Thirukkural
    ·
  • The Question still prevails...
    ·

question doesnt prevail.do till world war 2 nicely,chances are hiigh that questions will be from that phase,after that chhoose importnt ones such as uno formation,NAM,cold war ,vietnam war,iran iraq war,gulf war,cuba crisis etc.leave useless topics like 100 flowers revolution of china etc.
    ·

question doesnt prevail.do till world war 2 nicely,chances are hiigh that questions will be from that phase,after that chhoose importnt ones such as uno formation,NAM,cold war ,vietnam war,iran iraq war,gulf war,cuba crisis etc.leave useless topics like 100 flowers revolution of china etc.
    Topics such as - UNO formation,NAM, cold war , Vietnam war, Iran, Iraq war, gulf war,cuba crisis etc are to done from Lowe ?
    ·

Topics such as - UNO formation,NAM, cold war , Vietnam war, Iran, Iraq war, gulf war,cuba crisis etc are to done from Lowe ?
    m not saying its must do from normanlowe,but if u want to do things in detail in world history thats what u can do.u can do them even from arjun dev in short.
    ·
  • I have not done this..Did arjun dev,And studied event specifically from various random sources Ncert,You tube videos..dint even revised before exam..vse bhi aaya western african leaders role tha.

Can you please tell me what videos are you talking about?? Please share the link
    ·
  • @doctor_zero i read it once and summarised some parts on world wars and some points about china. i did later from vision WH 2 parts which are very sufficient.
    mrunal has done some work on colonialism. woh bhi acha hai.
    This too shall pass and so will you
    ·
  • edited January 13

I have not done this..Did arjun dev,And studied event specifically from various random sources Ncert,You tube videos..dint even revised before exam..vse bhi aaya western african leaders role tha.

Can you please tell me what videos are you talking about?? Please share the link
    Crash course world history, US history by John Green and Khan Academy videos :)
    Currently reading : The Last Mughal, A Feast of Vultures
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog