Write the Prelims 7 Times before you write it on June 3
Write Simulator Test 2 at 9AM on April 8. Get Scorecard same day by 9PM. Enroll now ! Do not wait till its too late! Enrollment Links :1) Simulator Tests : 8 GS Tests 2) Simulator Tests : 8 GS + 4 CSAT Tests
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Modern Indian History                                         (2) Environment & Ecology
(3) Polity, Current Affairs & Govt. Schemes            (4)Budget & Economic survey
(5) Geography with MCQ's                                        (6) Important Current Affairs
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

SEBI Grade A | Pattern Speculation | Strategy

edited January 2014 in Banking
Hi,
For all those who have applied for SEBI grade A exam, how do we prepare for this exam? There is no information on net as this exam doesnt take place at regular interval, infact, I dont know when was it last held. I passed out of my Bschool in 2009 and I dont remember this exam taking place since then.
Any information like type of GA questions and level of other areas will be very helpful, thanks in advance.

Comments

• I Have appeared for this exam ,it happened in the month of December 2010 , I Cleared Written and attended the interview but unfortunately could not make it to the final list . Exam was similar to that of any bank PO exam with a little more focus on economy .Even Interview is similar to bank po interview but more focus on securities market.Hope i answered your doubt . Thanks in advance
  • @srikanth

Hi. I just wanted to know which job profile is better - SEBI grade a OR RBI grade b ?

Thanks
  • On any given day RBI Grade B - Because of 1)RBI role in economy 2) In sebi you will be joining as Assistant Manager where as in RBI as Manager 3)Presence of RBI offices in all major cities 4) Salary and many more
  • edited August 2013
    @srikanth

Thanks !!
    Can you elaborate a bit on the GK part of the exam? And is there sectional cut off (got the ans for this)?
    Also, would you rate this just after RBI grade b or even after SSC CGL (assistant css) in terms of work life and other relevant criterias?
  • it would be in between rbi & ssc cgl in my opinion . four sections each having 50 ques .definitely sectional cutoff will be there
  • Hai Friends first of all Congratulations to all the people who cleared written and appearing for Interview . I appeared for Interview in the last recruitment that happened in 2010.My experience may be helpful to people who are going to attend the interview this time.
    My Interview Location-Mumbai
    Dress Code - Formals with tie would suffice
    Interview Board - 3 members ( 2 Gents & 1 Lady )
    Interview Experience - Started with my educational background , then about my job experience (I Resigned from ICICI after working for only 4 months , so lot of questions on that like why u left banking , good paying job etc)
    Then some basic questions about securities market ( about demat account , advantages of

dematerialisation of shares , about financial planning , about products like mutual funds etc

the interview was pleasant , more of a discussion rather than series of questions) BTW I missed this year cutoff by 1 mark .
    ​All the Best for the interview Guys & Girls
  • @ srikanth, Thanks for providing detail about interview. Just wanted to know what to concentrate while prep for interview specially related to capital markets? I am is there source etc.
  • @rakesh_ and @srikanth can you please mention the category wise cut offs for this year's SEBI Grade A exam including pre and final.

TIA
  • Is it possible to crack UPSC while working in SEBI
  • @rohitraj

I did intern at SEBI and the culture was cool, but it was CB Bhave at that time, regime change can influence work culture to an extent but aakhir Sarkari company hai. Not much would have changed now under UK Sinha.

U can have ample time to read for UPSC.
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :) || कांथर हुनु भन्दा मर्नु राम्रो || वीर भोग्या वसुंधरा
  • i have filled sebi grade a officer 2015 form. in current scenario which one is better rbi grade b or this one ????
  • edited April 2015
    i have filled sebi grade a officer 2015 form. in current scenario which one is better rbi grade b or this one ????
    grade a is assistant manager grade b is manager. rbi is better. but grade a in sebi is better than grade a in sebi. both organization recruit freshers at different levels.
  • thanku. can u plz tell me what is the exam pattern and time duration of exam. as website shows that exam will be of 300 marks. no idea about time duration.
  • Please tell me the level of difficulty in reasoning, aptitude and English, is it more difficult than sbi po exam & rbi grade b. I expect an elborative answer.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog