MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening)-5:15PM - 7:15PM & 29th June (Morning)-11AM-1PM ; FREE SEMINAR ON 25TH JUNE, 5.15PM Subject To Availability Of Seats
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal(Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar(Rank-200, 2016) (3) Athar Aamir 1st booklet and 2nd booklet(Rank-2)
ForumIAS Community Meet 2017 on 25th June at 11 AM - You are invited

Dear Friends, ForumIAS Annual Community Meet will be held on June 25th at 11AM in Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi. The Chief Guest for the event will be Suharsh Bhagat, IAS Rank 5, CSE 2014. Come join us , and meet ForumIAS members who have secured ranks this year. Click here to register

Best book for Ancient History for UPSC Prelims ?

Hi Friends,
Please suggest me the best source to study (Coaching notes/Books/Videos) for the Ancient India History for Prelims. It will be better if the book/notes are exhaustive, easily comprehensible and not too bulky.
Thanks,
Pankaj
·

Comments

• Old NCERT - ancient history but the quality of text is not good if you want to get good quality text then buy ancient history book by orient blackswan
    ·
  • 1) A.L. Basham -- A wonder that was India.

2).Yaa agar Hindi mein padhna hai toh -- " प्राचीन भारत का इतिहास ---- By, द्विजेन्द्र नारायण झा और कृष्ण मोहन श्रीमाली "
    ·
  • I'm reading India's Ancient Past by R.S. Sharma for ancient history part. It's pretty good.
    ·
  • Hi Friends,
    Please suggest me the best source to study (Coaching notes/Books/Videos) for the Ancient India History for Prelims. It will be better if the book/notes are exhaustive, easily comprehensible and not too bulky.
    Thanks,
    Pankaj

India's Ancient Past RS Sharma

http://www.amazon.in/Indias-Ancient-Past-R-S-Sharma/dp/019568785X
    ·
  • Try TMH GS manual , its very good and has questions for practice too.
    ·
  • upinders singh , romila thapar, dr tara
    When a lady is pregnant, all her friends touch her stomach and " Congrats" . But none of them come and touch the man's phallus and says " Well Done".
    ·
  • How is tamil nadu textbook for ancient india??
    "God is great"
    ·
  • Tamil nadu is the best to begin with
    ·
  • Thanks all for your helpful suggestions. :)
    ·
  • is there any change in history notes of sriram from 2014 to 2016
    ·
  • For prelims TN books are the best...u can grasp n remember things very easily.
    ·
  • For prelims TN books are the best...u can grasp n remember things very easily.

+1
    For extra knowlwdge find pdf of old ncert by thapar. That should suffice. It is gs man not history optional, read accordingly dont waste too much of your time on static subjects.
    Character has to be established through a thousand stumbles...
    ·
  • RS sharma is good, or you can buy NCERT (old one) which is exact same thing
    ·
  • guys i live in a rural area and have no access to nice book store.. on the internet i m unable to segregate between new and old ncertT^s 6th-12th of history..... cn anybody help me with dat ..? website or pdf
    pls guys!
    ·
  • mrinal p said:

guys i live in a rural area and have no access to nice book store.. on the internet i m unable to segregate between new and old ncertT^s 6th-12th of history..... cn anybody help me with dat ..? website or pdf
    pls guys!

https://flavido.com/oldncert/
    ·
  • Try this too brother

I was looking for source for doing Ancient History for Prelims as well as Mains since number of questions asked from Ancient History were quite large this time (prelims especially) . Government of India and MHRD have made good videos on History by using University Professors. These videos can be useful for aspirants like us preparing from mofussil towns and who cant afford artificially inflated rates of low grade coaching. I am sharing with u link if anybody want to watch them.

Apart from that , videos are short and each video is not more than half an hour. Enjoy the links .

Lecture 1 - geogrpahy and history

Lecture 2 - Stone Age

Lecture 3 - Indus Valley Civilisation

Lecture 4 - Vedic Age

Lecture 5 - Mahajanapadas and Invasion of Alexander

Lecture 6- Buddhism and Jainism

Lecture 7 - Murayan Empire and Ashoka

Lecture 8- Sangam Literatute

Lecture 9- Indo Greek, Sakas and Kushanas

Lecture 10- Satavahanas, Sunga and Kanvas

Lecture 11- Cholas

Lecture 12- Pallavas and Chalukyas

Lecture - Guptas

Lecture - Harshavardhana
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google