How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class
Current Affairs ( Pre + Mains ) 2019 | 4 Aug | Attend First 3 Classes Free ForumIAS Weekly Current Affairs Classes commence from Saturday, 4 August, 5AM, at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.We invite you to attend the first three classes free
CLICK HERE to register for attending the classes on August 4, 5 and 11.

Interview: Current affair discussion

Opinions on current affairs forms a crucial chunk of most interviews. I am opening the thread for same. Let's discuss some masala items..
2015- prelims failed by 1 mark
2016 - missed final list by 9 marks
2017- missed final list by 4 marks

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Awesome mitrooooooooooooo B)
    @kaguya bhai style :wink:
  • lets put important topics :-1:
    demonetisation-most important
    terror attacks on new year
    elections in states
    us elections impact
    black money
    In Love With My Life Claudia Sampedro !
  • hope16 said:

welcome B)
  • National

i. parliamentary decline (recent disruption)
    ii. GST issues
    iii. Reservation issues (karnataka, Rajasthan gujjars, Gujrat patidars)
    iii. Sports Reform (Lodha committe reco in each sports something filed by some people yesterday) also kalmadi and IOA issue
    iv. Sacchar committee 10 years
    v. National anthem row

INTERNATIONAL
    i. ISIS issues (lost aleppo mosul).. aleppo is commerical capital
    ii. Refugee crisis
    iii. Trump election .. trump on russia, wst asia etc
    iv. Brexit
    v. Asylum to baloch leader

SECURITY
    i. surgical strike uri attacks
    ii. Alarming border situation
    iii. Kashmir 370
    iv. Naxalism

ECONOMY
    i. Demonetization/ cashless economy
    ii. Railway safety (consecutive accidents... read kakodkar committee)
    iii. service sector (Tourism sector)

DEFENCE
    i. Agni missile

SCIENCE & TECH
    i. achievement in space
    ii. nuclear
  • i hope iss thread par kuch halchal rhe.. rajasthan wala thread toh dead hi ho gya.. :(
  • INTERNATIONAL

i. India and NSG membership
    ii. India Japan nuclear deal
  • All cacophony on

i. Banning of chinese goods
    ii. South china sea
    iii. Indus water treaty
  • Bhai surely we will make good use of it!!
    recent CPEC invitation by pak to India..
    Russian and US ..a breakthrough in relations
    SCO..
    Indian demanding service FTA.. what is trade and investment agrement...with which nations India have such relations
    DEfence..lemoa..with which nation how much we buy as a largerst arm importer..rafael deal..tejas accident in columbia/venezuela(forgotten name).. and guys if you know a link where defence can be done please share..itna padh liya..lekin har baar ye naya hi lagta h.
    Pulse crisis
    trilateral highway...Manipur a key state...the internal security challenge there...
    naga peace accord and its relevence today.
  • hope16 said:

@hope16 and @kaguya are same guys B)
    When a lady is pregnant, all her friends touch her stomach and " Congrats" . But none of them come and touch the man's phallus and says " Well Done".
  • hope16 said:

Aur kya hum jaipur se bhi hai. :#
  • kaguya bhai ka iitd and mech engg h
    hope bhai ka iitb and civil

so both are diff..
  • i request all to use it as interview thread only.. no bakar .
  • hemu said:

kaguya bhai ka iitd and mech engg h

so both are diff..

Bhai yeh to usne bola hai can u beleive its true internet pe koi bhi anonymous guy kuch bhi bolega u believe fake ids are circulating like fake currency all over the world.
    When a lady is pregnant, all her friends touch her stomach and " Congrats" . But none of them come and touch the man's phallus and says " Well Done".
  • hope16 said:

hope16 said:

Aur kya hum jaipur se bhi hai. :#
    Both Jaipur se Hai Na
  • - Railways accidents
    - Views on UP drama
    - Lone wolf attacks increase reasons
    - Water sharing issues
    - North Korea (H bomb, now long range missile)

As @ Geheimnisse bhai said views/opinions hone chaiye about eaxh issue... they will interested more in it.
  • hemu said:

so both are diff..

Bhai yeh to usne bola hai can u beleive its true internet pe koi bhi anonymous guy kuch bhi bolega u believe fake ids are circulating like fake currency all over the world.
    bhai usse kya fark padta h.. dono same ho ya alag.. discussion se matlab h
  • hemu said:

hemu said:

so both are diff..

bhai usse kya fark padta h.. dono same ho ya alag.. discussion se matlab h
    But its shows their character, is it morally correct.
  • Please clear this Questions

what is the difference between eudaimonia and hedoism
  • One more Questions Folks

What is the difference between Predominant Egoism and Psychological egoism.
  • What is the difference between assisted suicide and euthanasia. ( was in news)

• edited January 2017

What is the difference between assisted suicide and euthanasia. ( was in news)

this is ok..but above two questions seem unlikely to be asked as a GS or current issues. correct me if I am wrong.
    bhai assisted suicide and active euthenesia are same??
  • seed_15 said:

What is the difference between assisted suicide and euthanasia. ( was in news)

this is ok..but above two questions seem unlikely to be asked as a GS or current issues. correct me if I am wrong.
    bhai assisted suicide and active euthenesia are same??
    No its difffernt
  • edited January 2017
    surge price issue of ola.
    LG nazeeb juung resignation c-s relation..specifically statehood question of delhi.
    terror attack..recently in germany and turkey..
    Border management
    India Africa
  • How do u see demonitisation, give ur opinion?
    Will it achieve its intended purpose or not?Share views
  • takdeer said:

How do u see demonitisation, give ur opinion?

Though demonitization created number of problems for people viz. X, Y Z But at the same time it aimed at bla bla... Moreover India has inspired other countries to act on black money For eg. Aus. I am quite hopeful that it will serve its purpose.

• hope16 said:

takdeer said:

Though demonitization created number of problems for people viz. X, Y Z But at the same time it aimed at bla bla... Moreover India has inspired other countries to act on black money For eg. Aus. I am quite hopeful that it will serve its purpose.

when a nationa goes to war its people have to suffer hardships,as our PM said its a war against black money and funding of terrorism,so some hardhip was unavoidable.concerns can be raised regarding proper execution,but we also need to consider that surprise elemnt was necessary and had large scale preparations been done before hand for example installing new software in atms then there would have been chances of leakge defeating the purpose.
    we can give auxiilliary benefits such as case study of amul dairy farmers who benefitted from this move and had their accounts opened. B)
  • hope16 said:

takdeer said:

when a nationa goes to war its people have to suffer hardships,as our PM said its a war against black money and funding of terrorism,so some hardhip was unavoidable.concerns can be raised regarding proper execution,but we also need to consider that surprise elemnt was necessary and had large scale preparations been done before hand for example installing new software in atms then there would have been chances of leakge defeating the purpose.
    we can give auxiilliary benefits such as case study of amul dairy farmers who benefitted from this move and had their accounts opened. B)
    +1
  • hope16 said:

takdeer said:

Food Inflation, which hurts the poor the most, has been settled down. Though economists are skeptic about the price realisation of the farmer, but demonetisation has helped us in acknowleding that much needs to be done and can be done on the hoarding of food grains front. And if enough stand is taken on hoarding, lower prices of cereal crops would be a win win for all. especially farmers.
  • One follow up question can be.. what steps have been taken by govt. to ensure that crictical cash supply is not disrupted to the people in general and farmers to be specific?
  • And apart from demonetisation which other policy measures can help in formalising economy and thereby making it cashlesser!!
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog