[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Interview Preparation: Haryana as home state

Gather here for synergised and collective efforts.
·

Comments

• A much needed thread.....
    I didn't come this far only to come this far..
    ·
  • what's the plan for covering various dimensions related to Haryana
    I will march forward even if I have to do so alone.

Of all the things I hold in high regard, rules are not one of them.
    ·
  • History, economy, geography, Society, politics, Land of contrasts
    Achievements on last 5 decades, personalities
    I didn't come this far only to come this far..
    ·
  • Do keep a check on haryana government's official website..they keep posting new initiatives
    ·
  • WE CAN START WITH POLITICAL HISTORY OF 50 YEARS

AGRICULTURE AND WATER CRISIS

JATT RESERVATION ISSUE

JATT VS NON JATT

WOMEN EMPOWERMENT

RESPECTIVE HOME DISTT
    ·
  • Haryana's controversy with Punjab(SYL, Airport Naming, Chandigarh)
    Khap Panchayat
    Honour Killing
    Violence against women
    Happening Haryana- Investor Summit

·
  • Improving sex ratio
    Jay reservation issue: why reservation
    sports culture
    ·
  • We can add on topics with explanation now..so that topics can be done with.
    ·
  • Yeah..we must pose a question and decide on what answer we wud give..

Police apathy during Jat reservation protest last year..
    ·
  • do we need to refer some book like arihant's know your state or NBT's books on haryana to know about Haryana or is internet sufficient enough and there is no need to refer to any book for interview preparation?
    ·
  • Guys, let's cover the political history of the state firstas it's the simplest one.Reasons why it was divided from Punjab. Challenges faced by the state initially. Nature of politics- local patrons and caste identities. Can someone attach a good article here which deals with this?
    ·
  • 1)why Haryana separated from punjab ?
    -The Punjabi Suba movement aimed at creation of a Punjabi-majority subah in the erstwhile East Punjab state of India in the 1950s. Led by the Akali Dal, it resulted in the formation of the Punjabi-majority Punjab state, the Hindi-majority Haryana state and the Union Territory of Chandigarh.
    -The Government of India was wary of carving out a separate Punjabi language state, because it effectively meant dividing the state along religious lines: Sikhs would form a 60% majority in the resulting Punjabi state.
    - Thus the division is on the basis of linguistic lines.In September 1966, the Indira Gandhi-led Union Government accepted the demand, and Punjab was trifurcated as per the Punjab Reorganisation Act.

Areas in the south of Punjab that spoke the Haryanvi dialect of Hindi formed the new state of Haryana, while the areas that spoke the Pahari dialects were merged to Himachal Pradesh.
    ·
  • 2)Challenges faced by Haryana initially : economic development( least developed part of punjab), irrigation problem(syl canal), social development.
    ·
  • After this we can now do topic wise : let's complete SYL canal issue : why this issue, why important for Haryana , what are the setbacks , what can be done?
    ·
  • International airport: Dispute over name
    Different Stakes
    "The Chandigarh airport is an international airport, in which the Airport Authority of India is having 51 percent stake, while Punjab and Haryana are having 24.4 percent each.
    Haryana's Stand
    Airport should be named as International Airport, Chandigarh. Though the international airport is located in
    Mohali, the allied services like ATC are located in Chandigarh. Logically, it should be called as
    the Chandigarh international airport
    Punjab
    wanted it to be named as International Airport, Mohali
    Solution
    It is time to celebrate the commencement of international flights from the airport.
    While it is a good news for residents of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir,
    Punjab and Haryana, it will also create employment opportunities for the youth of
    the region. Political leaders of both Punjab and Haryana should reach a consensus
    by using their collective wisdom over the issue.

·
  • We have to also learn about Jat reservation last year..now that they are planning to restart it in this year..ques..who are hard..why they are so desperate for reservation..and why gheir demands are not gettingaccepted..

2. And in relation to that if they ask why police machinery broke down ..and human right violation the place then..

3. Digital initiatives of Haryana government

4. Recently happening Haryana was done..like last year..which are the foreign countries investing..in which sector..
    ·
  • Please pour in ur ideas...

Why Haryana has distinctive sports history..social..biological..political..geographical reasons ...

Please batao ppl..
    ·
  • Recently Haryana carried out a gender census and found its best sex ration in last fifteen years while it was ranked with poorest sex ratio in India in 2011 census.
    ·
  • Hriti said:

Please pour in ur ideas...

Why Haryana has distinctive sports history..social..biological..political..geographical reasons ...

Please batao ppl..

1. Cultural- healthy diet- per capita milk consumption being highest in India; Kushti's popularity
    2. Geographical - Proximity to national capital and its decent sports infra
    3. Economic - High per capita income; better fed populace.

Please add more points..
    Inspector. Serial CSE mains loser.
    ·
  • in case of any reservation : report by prakash Singh committee, sit on murthal rape cases..
    also needs to be covered
    ·
  • @junglee12 we have to remember that those who shined belonged to very humble backgrounds..

Can we bring in sports policy of Haryana?
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog