REVISION CLASSES FOR PRELIMS 2017 by ForumIAS

ForumIAS will be conducting revision classes for Prelims 2017. The goal is to cover maximum topics in minimum time posible. The first class is scheduled today at 5 PM. Seats fill early so register early. Click Here to know more

How to prepare mains GS papers ? Beginners

I want to know how to prepare mains GS papers , how to read the Hindu etc .
·

Comments

• I want to know how to prepare mains GS papers , how to read the Hindu etc .

A lot of questions are already answered here. Can you tell what have you done till now so that people can better help you out?

Also can you ask precise questions? Like How to prepare world history, ethics case studies or Polity of Prelims, or XYZ topics from?
    Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • @Neyawn taking 15-16 papers into account, can you please suggest some thing for polity and governance ? Thanks
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • @Neyawn taking 15-16 papers into account, can you please suggest some thing for polity and governance ? Thanks

You cannot prepare on tbe basis of a pattern.

There are two parts - statis and current based.

I also shared with with @anjus and i have the same thing to say

Take a look at M puri notes of paper 2 or pub notes pf paper 2 of vajiram. They have good coverage with secomd ARC coverage.

This could be done before Prelims.

Make own notes if possible.

For current , you will do what you did this year. Prepare a list of topics and prepare won notes on them from various websites or newspapers. This will be done after Prelims.

Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • Neyawn said:

@Neyawn taking 15-16 papers into account, can you please suggest some thing for polity and governance ? Thanks

You cannot prepare on tbe basis of a pattern.

There are two parts - statis and current based.

I also shared with with @anjus and i have the same thing to say

Take a look at M puri notes of paper 2 or pub notes pf paper 2 of vajiram. They have good coverage with secomd ARC coverage.

This could be done before Prelims.

Make own notes if possible.

For current , you will do what you did this year. Prepare a list of topics and prepare won notes on them from various websites or newspapers. This will be done after Prelims.

Thanks a lot. :)
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • @Neyawn thanks for your message, I am preparing from ncert books 6th to 12th , my plan is to complete all necessary books of ncert 6th to 12th in 2017 . I have started, I have no idea how many months will it take to complete. I don't have any idea about the books for mains and not even writing , how to write ans for mains .....
    ·
  • @Neyawn I will choose geography as an optional subject .
    ·
  • @Neyawn thanks for your message, I am preparing from ncert books 6th to 12th , my plan is to complete all necessary books of ncert 6th to 12th in 2017 . I have started, I have no idea how many months will it take to complete. I don't have any idea about the books for mains and not even writing , how to write ans for mains .....

thoda background work kar lo, there are n number of tips on mrunal, insights, forumias and elsewhere. Start and get your hands dirty first--that's the prerequisite i guess. And, well, time is not a luxury one can afford if you are considering to take cse in 2017-18. So, plan accordingly lest you end up regretting in the end.
    ·
  • @Neyawn what is the best source of entire gs paper 2? Should vision ias printed material be referred to?
    ·
  • Thank you @Mr_Confident395

Wlcm. By the way thnx for what?
    ·

• 1. MATHEMATICS Optional Discussion group : https://telegram.me/joinchat/Ajs77Qb-LnPNmzBWeCIQqg
    2. GEOGRAPHY Optional Discussion group : https://telegram.me/joinchat/BtjCVgm6YYxNx6R-EDW6gw
    3. POLITICAL SCIENCE Discussion group :https://telegram.me/joinchat/DAgDUj4ST7tZBQPF8fZkrQ
    4. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING Discussion group:https://telegram.me/joinchat/DAgDUkDOvDMQUtNk5mHcWg
    5. GENERAL STUDIES Discussion group : https://telegram.me/joinchat/DAgDUkBLubskrHkD878mjA
    ·

since its jan already.you are left with only 6 months so would request u not to do ncerts from class 6th..u wont be able to finish the syllabus..do selected ncerts..you can download forumias' prelims recommended books..they have prescribed only what is necessary.
    ·
  • Also keep a tab on current affairs..visit previous years' papers regularly..be selective in ur approch since you have started late a lil bit..bt its doable..
    For mains start writing ans from any online platform as of now to get started with or join any test series if want specific guidance... Book list for mains is unending so u would have to do little homework
    hope it helps :)
    ·
  • @philosophia thank you, every one talks about dimension in writing , the say you have to give all the dimensions in writing, how to bring this 'dimension ' which upsc wants . I am afraid : (
    ·
  • start writing...once you are done with basics and your level raises, u would start thinking abt many dimensions..its mostly abt from how many angles u can address ur ans...moment u add any relevant unique angle u get few extra marks..its natural to be afraid as noone can add all dimensions in all 20 ques...koi na koi angle chut hi jata hai..bt at least we can come closer and write decent answers thats why practicing ans writing is imp..write as much as u can..u would evolve with time believe me.
    ·
  • Pls suggest how to cover current affairs completely as I m a fresher
    ·
  • start writing...once you are done with basics and your level raises, u would start thinking abt many dimensions..its mostly abt from how many angles u can address ur ans...moment u add any relevant unique angle u get few extra marks..its natural to be afraid as noone can add all dimensions in all 20 ques...koi na koi angle chut hi jata hai..bt at least we can come closer and write decent answers thats why practicing ans writing is imp..write as much as u can..u would evolve with time believe me.

What is the best source for mains specific conventional topics?
    ·

What is the best source for mains specific conventional topics?
    no best source per se..most of the books are known...some browsing on forum itself may help u..people have posted all their buks and references..its upto u to freeze your sources....if you have any doubt regarding specific topic/part then please post..people may help out better then..
    ·
  • Pls suggest how to cover current affairs completely as I m a fresher

bare minimum is reading newspaper and taking down notes with the help of net(what to read..forum posts daily must read articles..so can take help)+can follow vision monthly CA+PIB.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google