"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
Mains Guidance Program 2017 : The Mentor guided Test Series for Civil Services.
Join MGP/MGP+ by ForumIAS - the Mains Test Series with meaningful mentor support. With 16 GS Tests + 5 Essay Tests to cover syllabus worth 1250 marks. Read Testimonials & Strategy by Prajit Nair ( Rak 87 ) & Mittali Sethi ( Rank 56, MGP Student ) or ask Sushil ( Rank 96 ) , who upgraded to IAS with under 100 rank after improvement in GS Scores.
MGP+ commences from July 1 with 16 GS Tests + Additional Essay Tests and classes

Extraordinary Leave for Central Government Employees-Procedure for getting it

Hi,

Can anyone help me Out. I am a Central Govt employee and I want to apply for extraordinary leave for One Year to study for Civil Services. I have heard its difficult to get it. I know I have to write to my Departmental Officer, but can I state that I want to pursue Higher education or Do I have to write regarding mine or my relatives illness etc?
I have completed 5 Years of Service.Does anybody have idea that in what way Central government employee can take EOL?

I want to go on Leave from 15 January, so need to apply now, as it takes time to get sanctioned. Please Guide me if anyone have availed EOL in past.
·

Comments

• Eshabasu said:

Hi,

Can anyone help me Out. I am a Central Govt employee and I want to apply for extraordinary leave for One Year to study for Civil Services. I have heard its difficult to get it. I know I have to write to my Departmental Officer, but can I state that I want to pursue Higher education or Do I have to write regarding mine or my relatives illness etc?
    I have completed 5 Years of Service.Does anybody have idea that in what way Central government employee can take EOL?

I want to go on Leave from 15 January, so need to apply now, as it takes time to get sanctioned. Please Guide me if anyone have availed EOL in past.

See it depends in which dept you are working.. if you are working in civil deparrment.. you will get easily.. apply for personal reason.. to same leave sactioning authority..
    ·
  • There is no provision in the rule book for one year of leave for civil services preparation...extra ordinary leave of only 3 month at a time is available to the government servant without any reason..in case of illness 06 months and for some deadly diseases 18 months.. 24 months of EOL if undergoing further studies in public interest.. besides above as per govt of India rules, leave is not a matter of right. The sanctioning of leave depend upon the discretion of competent authority..generally any leave more than 29 days have to be approved from HoD. So tough to get..

Approach the administrative wing of ur organization, and take their view.
    ·
  • omacds said:

Eshabasu said:

Hi,

See it depends in which dept you are working.. if you are working in civil deparrment.. you will get easily.. apply for personal reason.. to same leave sactioning authority..
    Yes Im Working in a Civil Dept....Commercial Dept to be exact. I will be giving reason that I want to pursue Higher Studies. Im already doing MA so will give its reference. Hope that it is sufficient to get the leave.
    ·
  • There is no provision in the rule book for one year of leave for civil services preparation...extra ordinary leave of only 3 month at a time is available to the government servant without any reason..in case of illness 06 months and for some deadly diseases 18 months.. 24 months of EOL if undergoing further studies in public interest.. besides above as per govt of India rules, leave is not a matter of right. The sanctioning of leave depend upon the discretion of competent authority..generally any leave more than 29 days have to be approved from HoD. So tough to get..

Approach the administrative wing of ur organization, and take their view.

There is provision to get EOL for upto 5 Years for Permanent Employees. 24 Months leave for studies in Public Interest is actually Study Leave for which You get paid a certain salary and have to sign a bond.It is not EOL.
    ·
  • omacds said:

Eshabasu said:

Hi,

Wanna know the reason that will help in getting the leave sanctioned. Illness is a tough reason as Medical Documents have to be arranged. I guess I will go with leave for Higher Studies then.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google