ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Will anyone advise what to do ?

Hello , I am Aakash.
I am very confused, about coaching or not.
I decided for preparation this year right after prelim and joined insights test series.
So I started preparing at home, but at home there are so much distraction and no proper guidance and environment for focused study and I lacks motivation...I can't keep myself consistent at home.

Now I planned to coaching, but I think it's too late, now I don't know what to do.

I have given all tests of insights and I have read standard books,now.Ncerts, Laxmi kanth,GC Leong ,Rajiv ahir ,Ramesh Singh etc....

My question is , Is that possible to join coaching at this time almost 2017, how can I join classroom program , vajiram closed classroom program now...And I don't know what to do...I can't focus at home .How can I join classroom program in middle of course...Plz plz suggest
Also I am totally confused about optional subject. I don't have any mentor , except this forum..To guide
Plz..Help.i seriously need that..
·

Comments

• With the level of prep you are having you can clear the prelims comfortably provided you keep on revising.
    For mains you would need some extra efforts at this point of hour. You can try to join a test series right for mains itself. This would help you to complete your syllabus of mains atleast once before the prelims.
    ·
  • Read current affairs buy test series papers and solve at home evaluate yourself.
    Its good that u didn't waste ur money on coaching.
    ·
  • You just need to clock more hours. At home or at a library if possible, no need to join coaching now for 2017.
    ·
  • dont waste money on coaching , join any nearby library , spend efficient hours preparing for upsc , keep internet usage to bare minimum
    ·
  • Buddy don't get distracted keep your nerves cool... Just follow the test series and make sure to get a rank within 100 consistently you will clear pre and for mains keep writing answers if money is not constrain join vision or synergy test series for mains and stick to schedule.
    ·
  • @ /AakashDroid :
    There is no need for such thread. All your queries can be answered by the other threads of the forum directly or indirectly . You just need to glance through it . Just open you tube and search whatever you want. Every information that you want is already there . Your problem is not unique that necessitates a demand for a separate thread.
    ·
  • @ /AakashDroid :
    There is no need for such thread. All your queries can be answered by the other threads of the forum directly or indirectly . You just need to glance through it . Just open you tube and search whatever you want. Every information that you want is already there . Your problem is not unique that necessitates a demand for a separate thread.

he has a problem , what's wrong if he wants advise for it , i am happy to give it , so are other members , dont discourage a fellow member ( newbie )
    ·
  • edited December 2016

Hello , I am Aakash.
    I am very confused, about coaching or not.
    I decided for preparation this year right after prelim and joined insights test series.
    So I started preparing at home, but at home there are so much distraction and no proper guidance and environment for focused study and I lacks motivation...I can't keep myself consistent at home.

Now I planned to coaching, but I think it's too late, now I don't know what to do.

I have given all tests of insights and I have read standard books,now.Ncerts, Laxmi kanth,GC Leong ,Rajiv ahir ,Ramesh Singh etc....

My question is , Is that possible to join coaching at this time almost 2017, how can I join classroom program , vajiram closed classroom program now...And I don't know what to do...I can't focus at home .How can I join classroom program in middle of course...Plz plz suggest
    Also I am totally confused about optional subject. I don't have any mentor , except this forum..To guide
    Plz..Help.i seriously need that..

@AakashDroid The answer to lack of focus is not coaching..You have done a wise job by not joining a coaching..fundamental which we all forget is, this exam is about dedication..your staying at home should not allow you to intervene in you house issues...practically you should be a rentee at home..if its not possible..then get a room on rent nearby,.and if available join a liabrary!!untill you are done with static..dont even access forum ias..prefer hardcopy of the hindu..As you have read the static as you have mentioned..join some relevent telegram apps and use forum for updating dynamic portion & other useful material..
    Regarding optional..its you who have to do the analysis..what's best for you...
    Shortlist the options and download papers...there is no shortcut to any optional and neither is too short..So base your choice on interest(you may need it for 4-5years, if you take worst case scenerio), marks are not static..no one knows which subject is fared the most..hence give priority to interest and your academic experience...you should see the 4 previous year papers of the shortlisted choices.. Even here your books would help you more than a coaching(atleast in geography optional). But if you think its too risky you may join one.
    ps: its my personal opinion..it can be wrong..
    Qawalli Lover. Die hard fan of NFAK..
    "Aag ka dariya h, doob ke jana hai."
    ·
  • Thanks, a lot fellas, I really appreciate all your guidance, and I am now more , confident about exam.Looking forward, working as hard as I can....

Regarding optional: I am confused btw geography and anthropology. Some says Geography syllabus is too big to cover and competition is too high. And some says anthropology is easy and less syllabus and can be done without coaching.

Thanks all for your precious time...It means a lot to me..

"YES I CAN"..

·
  • edited December 2016

Thanks, a lot fellas, I really appreciate all your guidance, and I am now more , confident about exam.Looking forward, working as hard as I can....

Regarding optional: I am confused btw geography and anthropology. Some says Geography syllabus is too big to cover and competition is too high. And some says anthropology is easy and less syllabus and can be done without coaching.

Thanks all for your precious time...It means a lot to me..

"YES I CAN"..

opt for anthro...last few years geography paper has been tough and low scoring..though this year question was relatively easy..however the syllabus is huge..its better to opt for a relatively smaller optional and revise it multiple times and internalise the concepts.anthro has remained consistent over the years...I know many people would say opt for that optional which u have interest but believe me once you score less marks in that optional all those interest vaporise...better to opt for anthro..anyways u can consult others and glance thru anthro notes..but its my personal view
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google