Secure 35+ Questions in Prelims 2017

Dr. Ravi Agrahari's General Science & Tech, Environment & Ecology Module to cover atleast 35+ Questions in Prelims 2017. Start Date : 22nd March. Call : 9555923039 Click to watch Orientation Lecture.

what is wrong with philosophy takers?

Starting this thread to know better of the issue " what the heck is wrong with philosophy takers?" Why is there no sharing of material like other optionals? Don't say now that material is out there because philosophy has a lot of depth and many members are known to have some good pdfs and notes to explain certain difficult topics. Plus I also don't see people helping each other out that too often compared to other optional guys. Come on guys "help the brethren" or is it that this optional has the coward most lot on the forum who is too much afraid of healthy competition?
·

Comments

• What material do you seek?
    Philosophy optional is small, but need intense revision unlike other optionals. So it's better to revise your notes or books which you have read. It's futile to go beyond them.
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
    ·
  • @Rocky_Sultan
    Ping me @naaz.rachna@gmail.com
    need to discuss something...

·
  • Bhai I have palmer..if anybody wants it I'll share..I think read minimum, revise maximum and write well is the key..
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • Correctly said bhai
    I went over many materials apart from my basic patanjali books like Palmer vision standard books(lenghty)
    But I didn't remember things exactly when I wrote mains as I didn't revise from single source multiple times after understanding it.
    This proved me importance of understanding and revision of philosophy.
    ·
  • Starting this thread to know better of the issue " what the heck is wrong with philosophy takers?" Why is there no sharing of material like other optionals? Don't say now that material is out there because philosophy has a lot of depth and many members are known to have some good pdfs and notes to explain certain difficult topics. Plus I also don't see people helping each other out that too often compared to other optional guys. Come on guys "help the brethren" or is it that this optional has the coward most lot on the forum who is too much afraid of healthy competition?

Bro there is no need of asking anyone any material. Purchase any material either patanjali or mitra from orn market and read,understand, re read,understand better and revise to get clear-cut concepts. This is the approach to philosophy. And regarding true competition, you can top the exam next year if u just do above things sincerely. Hope u got what u want. Even I thought like you earlier but there is no shortcut in philosophy you need to understand concepts well. This comes by reading a topic from single source and relating it with other topics after reading all the topics once even if you understand them little in the first reading. After multiple readings you get clarity of all topics and their linkages.
    ·
  • I have Mitra's test series in PDF format.If you want it then could post here.
    ·
  • This is the first 4 test. Will post more if required and don't worry just keep reading and revising from your notes.
    The main problem in philosophy is that after writing few lines one gets struck especially in contemporary.
    Presently I m trying to finish the second paper. Want to complete the whole syllabus by Jan 2017 end.
    pdf
    pdf
    Philosophy-Test-1.pdf
    pdf
    pdf
    Philosophy-Test-2.pdf
    pdf
    pdf
    Philosophy-Test-4.pdf
    pdf
    pdf
    Philosophy-Test-3.pdf
    ·
  • This is the first 4 test. Will post more if required and don't worry just keep reading and revising from your notes.
    The main problem in philosophy is that after writing few lines one gets struck especially in contemporary.
    Presently I m trying to finish the second paper. Want to complete the whole syllabus by Jan 2017 end.

bhai can you please upload test 8 onwàrds...9,10,11,12. Thanks

You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
    ·
  • Starting this thread to know better of the issue " what the heck is wrong with philosophy takers?" Why is there no sharing of material like other optionals? Don't say now that material is out there because philosophy has a lot of depth and many members are known to have some good pdfs and notes to explain certain difficult topics. Plus I also don't see people helping each other out that too often compared to other optional guys. Come on guys "help the brethren" or is it that this optional has the coward most lot on the forum who is too much afraid of healthy competition?

bro, if u talk dat way, it means only one thing - " u do'nt understand what philosophy optional is"

if u are a fresher and clueless about philo prep , interact with me for a while and i will provide you enlightnment so that you don' think d way u are thinking now.
    ·
  • Btw sultan u can see how people have responded to ur thread...coward, etc...but philosophy people are like Buddha..kch bhi bolo hum hi accept krte tumhari baatein... :D
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    Ek bahut bada Jhooth jo failaa rakha hai kuch Haraami logon ne ki Philosophy bahut short hai, easy hai, kam time mein cover ho jata hai...

NAA toh philosophy short hai, NAA easy hai, aur NAA hi ye kam time mein cover ho pata hai.

Saala aakhri tak samajh nahi padta hai ki kaunsi cheez kahaan likhna hai..

Aur maze ki baat ye hai ki har cheez, Exam khatam hone ke baad yaad aa jaati hai.
    ·
  • Nice to see people chipping in. I have said this before somewhere : it's true that one doesn't require too many of materials but it's also true that one preparing on one's own one can't understand stuff better just reading from notes. So my humble request to all of you guys is please write answers or articles about the topics in syllabus in the words that u have understood the concept. Informal language is more than welcome. We aren't writng exam here. We are just trying to get conceptual clarity. So there is another thread also on this : philosophy 2017 etc etc. Please be active there.

Participation there would mean a lot to freshers who haven't joined or can't afford to join coaching.

Now I do wish that you guys will leave your legacy at some point of time by being IAS/IFS etc. But here, right now is that opportune moment to leave behind the legacy that will be remembered by all future aspirants.
    ·
  • Ek bahut bada Jhooth jo failaa rakha hai kuch Haraami logon ne ki Philosophy bahut short hai, easy hai, kam time mein cover ho jata hai...

NAA toh philosophy short hai, NAA easy hai, aur NAA hi ye kam time mein cover ho pata hai.

Aur maze ki baat ye hai ki har cheez, Exam khatam hone ke baad yaad aa jaati hai.

sahi kaha ivan bhai
    litafficionado.tumblr.com
    ·

Thanks a lot @"Azad Bhagat" any and every help is appreciated.
    ·
  • Btw sultan u can see how people have responded to ur thread...coward, etc...but philosophy people are like Buddha..kch bhi bolo hum hi accept krte tumhari baatein... :D

@Chomuphilosopher Bhai I always have faith in you guys otherwise I wouldn't have dared to create the thread you see :wink:
    ·
  • Rachna said:

@Rocky_Sultan
    Ping me @naaz.rachna@gmail.com
    need to discuss something...

You can pm me here about whatever you need to discuss :smile:
    ·
  • freeman said:

Starting this thread to know better of the issue " what the heck is wrong with philosophy takers?" Why is there no sharing of material like other optionals? Don't say now that material is out there because philosophy has a lot of depth and many members are known to have some good pdfs and notes to explain certain difficult topics. Plus I also don't see people helping each other out that too often compared to other optional guys. Come on guys "help the brethren" or is it that this optional has the coward most lot on the forum who is too much afraid of healthy competition?

bro, if u talk dat way, it means only one thing - " u do'nt understand what philosophy optional is"

if u are a fresher and clueless about philo prep , interact with me for a while and i will provide you enlightnment so that you don' think d way u are thinking now.
    Freeman bro.please tell us how a complete beginner should go about for philosophy optional.Would be a great help
    ·
  • Ek bahut bada Jhooth jo failaa rakha hai kuch Haraami logon ne ki Philosophy bahut short hai, easy hai, kam time mein cover ho jata hai...

hahaaaaa....exactly
    ·
  • edited December 2016

freeman said:

Freeman bro.please tell us how a complete beginner should go about for philosophy optional.Would be a great help
    dekho philo is like maths or aptitude...jaha dheere dheere logo samajh aata hai...kitna samjh aata hai wo depend karta hai ki kiska kitna brain hai....kitna wo khud ko exploit kar raha hai...

philo syllabus chhota ya bade ki baat nahi hai...kaun kitna samajh sakta hai wo baat hai...aur samjhna matlab partwise hi nahi hota sirf... covering syllabus partwise i.e topic wise is only the beginning..for this u will have to refer to some sources apart from some coaching or class notes i.e. u will have to go thru hardcopy books, internet...ignou books..some e-books etc . It is because coaching notes are only superficial in nature...UPSC level nowadays require much more...this first stage takes 6 mnths aprx for a beginner assuming 3-4 hrs a day devotion to philosophy.

at second stage, comes the understanding of the integrated whole i.e full philo syllabus present in ur mind in an interconnected way like a network..this will take another 6 months ..assuming 3-4 hrs a day devotion to philosophy.

at third stage , comes the application part i.e doing writing practice. This is the MOST IMPORTANT part. I will take around 3 months

so, this is the minimum time required to make ur self philo-ready for UPSC, but u still might remain a bit far from maturity..so it might take few attempts more to learn from ur mistakes and keep improving urself

the final stage is LUCK which will fetch u marks in exam because a lot of subjectivity is involved in Philosophy. After the exam, u might remain very satisfied, but the marks may not be as per ur expectations.

This is what i know about Philo from my several years of exp, and also from others' ( both successful and unsuccessful candidates) exp

To prepare philo in a manner which can fetch u good marks in exam, is undoubtedly time taking, mind boggling. So please don't trust any one who says Philo is 'short' and can be covered in few days or mnths. U can only become ' literate' in philo in such a short period, but what u need is 'expertise' to excel, which will take a lot of time and toil.
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    Pehle kis Tarah se Advertisement hota tha ( aur shayad abhi bhi hota hi hoga) --

" Philosophy -- Teen mahine mein cover kiya jaa sakta hai...... Sabse chota syllabus... Ethics mein behad Useful... Essay writing mein zabardast "

BC yahaan saale mujhe Teen Mahine mein ye bhi samajh mein nahi aaya ki Nyaaya, Vaisheshik, Mimaanasaa kin kin baaton mein agree aur differ karte hain....

Vishishtadvaita Vedanta aur Absolute Idealism.... And Shankar aur Kant... Ye sab kahaan kahaan similar hote hain aur kahaan kahaan differ karte hain, ye abhi exam hone ke baad bhi mujhe thik se samajh mein nahi aaya.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google