43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening) & 29th June (Morning) ; Registration open
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website :- www.mitrasias.com

From 1st August to 1st January...cut off date for CSE

Lots of mails & grievances have been lodged to UPSC/ dopt to change the age criteria. If they do not agree to change the age criteria as par with IES ( Max age is counted on 1st Jan) ...How it is to go to Supreme Court with a PIL....can it help ?

The aspirants who are at disadvantage due this age counting criteria...please come & file a PIL to supreme court.
·

Comments

• IES Examination - 2016 :

Date of Notification - 27.02.2016
    Last Date For Receipt of Applications - 25.03.2016
    Date of Commencement of Exam - 27.05.2016

Age-limit - 21-30 years on 1st August 2016.

IES Examination - 2017 :

Date of Notification - 28.09.2016
    Last Date For Receipt of Applications - 26.10.2016
    Date of Commencement of Exam - 08.01.2017

Age-limit - 21-30 years on 1st JANUARY 2017.

We can request them to change the age limit criteria to JANUARY-2017 for CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION 2017.

·
  • UPSC agar civil prellims March me legi aur Mains July se pehle toh jaroor cut off date 1 January hoga.
    ·
  • This is the official document sent by UPSC to me regarding age criteria
    P61219-175902.jpg
    620 x 838 - 129K
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    We should represent to DoPT to amend this circular
    P61219-172044(1).jpg
    1462 x 1001 - 271K
    ·
  • Lots of mails & grievances have been lodged to UPSC/ dopt to change the age criteria. If they do not agree to change the age criteria as par with IES ( Max age is counted on 1st Jan) ...How it is to go to Supreme Court with a PIL....can it help ?

The aspirants who are at disadvantage due this age counting criteria...please come & file a PIL to supreme court.

I also sent emails to UPSC, DOPT and PMO. Filing a PIL is a good option.
    ·
  • nothing will help...they r already too much liberal taking the main exam date as cutoff...
    ·
  • We should represent to DoPT to amend this circular

Yes it is better to first represent us to dopt to ammend the circular and if they do not ammend it we can approach to Supreme Court with a PIL.

·

• We should represent to DoPT to amend this circular

Yes it is better to first represent us to dopt to ammend the circular and if they do not ammend it we can approach to Supreme Court with a PIL.

So, what is the procedure?
    ·
  • kalyani85 said:

Decide a date n time n we all like minded can meet at some place n can approach to dopt with an application .....if we get some positive cues from dopt thn we can wait for notification otherwise by contributing some money we can lodge a PIL....

Wat u All say...Any other Idea...?

·
  • Dear friends,
    In UPSC civil services examination, it consider 1st August for age criteria, because of this many candidate could not get benefit of maximum age. In view of that i have sent mail to Minister of DOPT for change DOB from 1st August to 1st January. Same mail will forward to UPSC chairman. Copy is mentioned below. All are requested to demand in change of the age criteria through email, twitter, and FB so that one extra attempt can be availed.

Minister : mos-pp@nic.in Secretary : bhanusharma@nic.in

Honorable Minister sir,

I am civil service aspirant and preparing for it, Respected sir, please give attention on issue of age criteria in UPSC Civil services examination. At present age criteria is considered from the 1st August of every year and due to this practice by UPSC, those candidate who are at age of qualifying criteria at the time of examination notification (Generally comes in April) could not fill the application form. Even those who born on 31st July are disqualified due to attainment of age. Natural justice says that it should be calculated from 1st January.

UPSC has changed the age criteria of "Engineering services" from 2012-13 from 1st August to 1st January. For making uniformity in age selection criteria other examination boards are also changing age criteria.

It is my humble request to you please look up the matter and do needful for the change of age criteria of UPSC civil services examination from 1st August to 1st January, so that thousand to lac of candidate will get benefit from this unusual practice of every year.

Your's faithfully
    ·
  • Only PMO or PIL can help...

·
  • edited December 2016
    @ajatasatru @adinarayana , if this issue really concerns you , get together with few aspirants and file an PIL , any normal advocate or even a law student can draft one for you , file it , google the process if you dnt already know it (you should) also mention refrence numbers of any communication you have recived from upsc in PIL

Dont get into long duscussions regarding it ,ACT , if u dont find anyone ,act alone
    ·
  • kalyani85 said:

Decide a date n time n we all like minded can meet at some place n can approach to dopt with an application .....if we get some positive cues from dopt thn we can wait for notification otherwise by contributing some money we can lodge a PIL....

Wat u All say...Any other Idea...?

If it is a serious initiative I can contribute some for filing PIL
    ·
  • HAPPY New year to All...

I have talked to Abhilash Sir of Vajiram ( a supreme court lawyer ) ....he asked for all the details regarding our PIL to judge the merit..I have provided him all the details n waiting for his reply.....

In the meantime Let us represent ourselves to DoPT/ PMO to put our Grievance in person ...What u all say...@rameezraja @kalyani85 @adinarayana ..
    ·
  • Call me 09570667721..i can get it changed .
    ·
  • HAPPY New year to All...

I have talked to Abhilash Sir of Vajiram ( a supreme court lawyer ) ....he asked for all the details regarding our PIL to judge the merit..I have provided him all the details n waiting for his reply.....

In the meantime Let us represent ourselves to DoPT/ PMO to put our Grievance in person ...What u all say...@rameezraja @kalyani85 @adinarayana ..

Voww. Thats great. Please let me know the updates from sir. Well, I am outside Delhi and I am not in a condition to come in person.
    ·
  • Ramaswamy said:

Call me 09570667721..i can get it changed .

..will reach delhi tomorrow...will call u..
    Thanks
    ·
  • @soumiyan @vishnudev @rameezraja @kalyani85 @adinarayana @Ramaswamy To all of you..... though much delayed but Abhilash Sir of Vajiram has agreed to file a PIL :-)

·
  • @soumiyan @vishnudev @rameezraja @kalyani85 @adinarayana @Ramaswamy To all of you..... though much delayed but Abhilash Sir of Vajiram has agreed to file a PIL :-)

bro please keep updating on this...... my friend who is getting 32 years old this year will not be able to attempt due to this criteria of upsc.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google