ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

How many Months currents affair to be ghotted

Dear ForumGuys !
I wanna ask for CSE 2017 , from which month to which month I need to prepare currents affairs thorughly.
·

Comments

• lalkaddu said:

Dear ForumGuys !
    I wanna ask for CSE 2017 , from which month to which month I need to prepare currents affairs thorughly.

6 mnths b4 d exam : most imp
    6 mnths b4 the above 6 months : imp
    6 mnths b4 d above 6 months : useful
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    lalkaddu said:

Dear ForumGuys !

Prelim is on 18th of June , 2017. Assume that paper will be set on 10th of May.

So divide the CURRENT AFFAIRS as follows:
    Category -1. May, 2016 - July, 2016. (3 months)
    Category- 2. August, 2016 - October, 2016.(3 months)
    Category -3. Novermber, 2016 - April, 2016.(6 months)

If you are starting today "properly" then start covering Category-3 FROM TODAY ITSELF and cover it very thoroughly.

Then also do backward coverage of Category-2 and Category-1 . First give priority to Category -2 . Go backward from October, 2016.

In any case, your current affairs is not prepared unless u have not covered category-3 and and category-2 at least.

Points to be remembered:
    1. If you read on Syrian crisis then also read about it location, when it started, what it is called that is take 360 degree perspective and note down points from the prelim prelim perspective.
    2. Opinion making is okay. But, also focus on essential facts from prelim point of views. Key words etc. e.g. Core Banking Solutions was asked in 2016 prelim. So have a close keys on facts , keywords and definitions etc.
    3. Revise static portion as many times as possible, especially All that is there in ncert(geography, history, culture, science), Economy basics and Laxmikant, spectrum modern India.
    4. Jayda time bhi mat dena current pe PhD nahi karna hai..zaroori nahi hai ki 2017 ka paper current based ho.

I followed same strategy for five - six months :) and did well in prelim 2016 .
    ·
  • edited December 2016

lalkaddu said:

Dear ForumGuys !

Prelim is on 18th of June , 2017. Assume that paper will be set on 10th of May.

So divide the CURRENT AFFAIRS as follows:
    Category -1. May, 2016 - July, 2016. (3 months)
    Category- 2. August, 2016 - October, 2016.(3 months)
    Category -3. Novermber, 2016 - April, 2016.(6 months)

If you are starting today "properly" then start covering Category-3 FROM TODAY ITSELF and cover it very thoroughly.

Then also do backward coverage of Category-2 and Category-1 . First give priority to Category -2 . Go backward from October, 2016.

In any case, your current affairs is not prepared unless u have not covered category-3 and and category-2 at least.

Points to be remembered:
    1. If you read on Syrian crisis then also read about it location, when it started, what it is called that is take 360 degree perspective and note down points from the prelim prelim perspective.
    2. Opinion making is okay. But, also focus on essential facts from prelim point of views. Key words etc. e.g. Core Banking Solutions was asked in 2016 prelim. So have a close keys on facts , keywords and definitions etc.
    3. Revise static portion as many times as possible, especially All that is there in ncert(geography, history, culture, science), Economy basics and Laxmikant, spectrum modern India.
    4. Jayda time bhi mat dena current pe PhD nahi karna hai..zaroori nahi hai ki 2017 ka paper current based ho.

I followed same strategy for five - six months :) and did well in prelim 2016 .
    P.S.: Views are nothing but totally personal. ATB. BoL.
    ·
  • For pre read read one year's current affairs.
    For mains read last 2 - 3 years current affairs.
    ·
  • freeman said:

lalkaddu said:

Dear ForumGuys !

+1
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
  • freeman said:

lalkaddu said:

Dear ForumGuys !

best comment ..especially for mains ..for pre vision365 is sufficient.
    ·
  • freeman said:

lalkaddu said:

Dear ForumGuys !

best comment ..especially for mains ..for pre vision365 is sufficient.
    Absolutely
    And one more thing....in the end revise it in the reverse order ....may >Apr>March etc
    It helped me this time immensely
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    12 months before the date of exam
    But kuch guarantee nahi.Kahin se bhi puch sakte hai
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google