ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

UPSC CSE- are we tricked by our self inflicted ego!

Hi all, i am an 2017 aspirant who recently dived into penchant to clear CSE and become an IAS. But after going through several threads over here, i realised people have gone mad just to clear this paper. They would spend years fighting this exam and some would clear, some won't. Riding on their hoax confidence, they won't go after any other exams but CSE. Later, they fall into trench of lost years of youth, health, and most important a career. My point here is why can't we figh that ego and realise that CSE is neither an achievement nor a failure. It's just another career path. As rightly put by Mr. DP Agarwal in this video -

Do or do not, there is no try.
·

Comments

• I hate DP aggarwal...he killed dreams of many aspirants from humanities background by introducing csat.

I am an engineer..plz don't abuse me.

I hate dp aggarwal.

Many cleared cse in their 4th 5th ...if they had listened to dp agarwal they would have never achieved their dream.

Its imp to remain deaf during upsc prep.

·
  • ye wahi dp hai jo coaching walo ko gariyate the ab after retirement unhi ki jamat me shamil ho gaye
    :D
    ·
  • MSD2016 said:

ye wahi dp hai jo coaching walo ko gariyate the ab after retirement unhi ki jamat me shamil ho gaye

Wo sab sahi, but unka yeh point kafi sahi tha that people won't even think about ssc or any other govt exam. They become adamant ki bas ias hi banana he. I mean nobody is and can stop them but ek backup rakhna kaha buri baat he. 4-5 saal nikal do without any fruitful result. koi aur paper do, job lo and uske baad bhi prepare kar sakte ho and i am pretty sure just in your first attempt yeh job wala factor itna imp he, not thereafter.
    ·
  • win_2017 said:

I hate DP aggarwal...he killed dreams of many aspirants from humanities background by introducing csat.

I hate dp aggarwal.

Many cleared cse in their 4th 5th ...if they had listened to dp agarwal they would have never achieved their dream.

This post is definitely not meant for those exceptional personality but for people who are in there first or second attempt. Itna attempt ka dum me to nahi rakhta, so huge respect for those guys. And definitely not discouraging anyone as this 'my life,my rules' is relevant for any CSE aspirants :wink:
    ·
  • MSD2016 said:

ye wahi dp hai jo coaching walo ko gariyate the ab after retirement unhi ki jamat me shamil ho gaye

Wo sab sahi, but unka yeh point kafi sahi tha that people won't even think about ssc or any other govt exam. They become adamant ki bas ias hi banana he. I mean nobody is and can stop them but ek backup rakhna kaha buri baat he. 4-5 saal nikal do without any fruitful result. koi aur paper do, job lo and uske baad bhi prepare kar sakte ho and i am pretty sure just in your first attempt yeh job wala factor itna imp he, not thereafter.
    yaar first of all sab logo ki capability alag hoti hai wo usako decide karne do

back up plan sabhi log bana kar chalte hai so kisako kya karna hai usako abhik pata hota hai

2-3 attempt ke bad sabhi kahi na kahi lag jate hai job me aur wo upsc ka attemp bhi dete hai

jo nahi set hi pate unfortunately wo enough capable nahi hote ki kahi job le sake

but ultimately aspirants ko pata hota hai ki wo kya kar raha kisi ko gyan dene ki jarurat nahi hai vishakar DP jaise dogale logo ko

·
  • edited December 2016
    DP ko pahale roman saini ka case samjhna chahiye

:D :D
    ·
  • MSD2016 said:

DP ko pahale roman saini ka case samjhna chahiye

:D :D

·
  • Hi all, i am an 2017 aspirant who recently dived into penchant to clear CSE and become an IAS. But after going through several threads over here, i realised people have gone mad just to clear this paper. They would spend years fighting this exam and some would clear, some won't. Riding on their hoax confidence, they won't go after any other exams but CSE. Later, they fall into trench of lost years of youth, health, and most important a career. My point here is why can't we figh that ego and realise that CSE is neither an achievement nor a failure. It's just another career path. As rightly put by Mr. DP Agarwal in this video -

I stilll don't think that anybody loses their youth when preparing for the exam.
    Infact, I will say, it's an enlightening phase and a more productive phase of ones life (even if one doesn't clear the exam).
    Job toh yaar sab karte hi hain, koi bookha nahi marta, par kitne log ko eksaath knowledge hogi itne saare subjects ki like philosophy, sociology, geography, history, science. :)
    The day we decided, that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, was the day Education failed us.
    ·
  • Hi all, i am an 2017 aspirant who recently dived into penchant to clear CSE and become an IAS. But after going through several threads over here, i realised people have gone mad just to clear this paper. They would spend years fighting this exam and some would clear, some won't. Riding on their hoax confidence, they won't go after any other exams but CSE. Later, they fall into trench of lost years of youth, health, and most important a career. My point here is why can't we figh that ego and realise that CSE is neither an achievement nor a failure. It's just another career path. As rightly put by Mr. DP Agarwal in this video -

I stilll don't think that anybody loses their youth when preparing for the exam.
    Infact, I will say, it's an enlightening phase and a more productive phase of ones life (even if one doesn't clear the exam).
    Job toh yaar sab karte hi hain, koi bookha nahi marta, par kitne log ko eksaath knowledge hogi itne saare subjects ki like philosophy, sociology, geography, history, science. :)
    Sahi kaha.

·
  • The real test of a civil service aspirant is to avoid getting brainwashed. @bumble-bee our job is to get a copy of the syllabus, buy the required books and study. Try to filter out anything which distracts you.
    We've got to compete for every job be it civils or ssc or gate or ies. It's not about ias. You should visit pagalguy.com and see how people prepare for mba entrances.
    You raise me up, to more than I can be.…
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    I was avoiding to comment here but let's do it.

If you are a fresher, PLEASE DON'T WATCH IT, you will find nothing in it except frustrated talk and,
    if you are not a fresher, PLEASE PLEASE DON'T WATCH IT. There are 4 videos, filled with nonsense.

This is one of the most depressing video you'll ever watch and waste your time. This was meant to guide fresher students for upsc cse exam but the speaker's attitude and thinking are extremely negative, hypocritical and he turned out to be a very bad example of professor in front of aspirants. It seems he is just vomiting out his frustration with upsc.

Speaker is aloof from reality when he says NO aspirant today reads any literature. He had cleverly dodged common doubt of aspirants without answering them. He had generalized all aspirants. All his arguments are weak, generalized and can be defied. He believes medicos and engg are very successful if they are in their field. Did he not know about stark reality of PG of medicals? That exam is so cruel that it takes many years for a doctor to get a seat! PhD life of engineers in good IITs are pathetic, they take 6-8 years on an avg to complete PhD. Mtech is looked as 'jisko kuch nhi mila wo mtech kar le'. They make thesis by copying articles from wikipedia. IT life is very frustrating after some time. I know 1 selected person personally who was a student of MS in physical sciences, gold medalist in an Ivy league univ but couldn't qualify in civil in first two attempts. He was given least marks in his optional only.
    He talked about graduating subject should be taken as an optional but there are many many streams which don't fall in that list and one is bound to go to another subject. For ex I am a chemical engg but still I can't go for chemistry as a discipline in which I am trained and chemistry are very different. Just because thermodynamics terminology matches dont mean two things are same! And chemical engg is not in optional even. Students doing dental dont have this stream for them in optional. He believes then at least one is aware of terminology but everyone has studied history and geog till 10th. He talks about the mind being stagnant after 28 years age and he made his career in early 20s but still his thinking is so regressive when he said 30 32 me kya karoge shadi karke! Is he unaware of reality of time when he was in 20 and today?

In this country when unemployment is rising, jobless growth is there, job opportunities are shrinking so fastly, companies are exploiting in by paying peanuts to young people, companies are not coming to colleges for campus recruitment, research facilities are extremely bogus in IITs, PG medical seats are so less, ssc seats are shrinking, banking seats are shrinking , how should one make his career?

Career choice of professor is also not so cool as said. Even in IITs most of the prof are of regressive mentality and too much negative. It is badluck that people whom he had met in interviews are of this kind, probably he is not much aware of the kind of students who sit in exam and get out by opaque way of commission's working. It was very stupid of him to demotivate people in this way.
    One burger a day, keeps fitness away.
    ·

True that. I can vouch for people who had gone through this phase have a broad and coherent sense of thought when discussing on any matter. Btw people have wrongly interpreted this thread. I am not in authority to suggest anyone what to do and what not. I am astonished how people blindly put so much effort in this exam (lets not compare it with sincerity). Some year back, even i had these kind of thoughts but then life told me- 'Be practical' and smiled, rather smirked back on me. :)
    ·
  • Burger said:

If you are a fresher, PLEASE DON'T WATCH IT, you will find nothing in it except frustrated talk and,
    if you are not a fresher, PLEASE PLEASE DON'T WATCH IT. There are 4 videos, filled with nonsense.

This is one of the most depressing video you'll ever watch and waste your time. This was meant to guide fresher students for upsc cse exam but the speaker's attitude and thinking are extremely negative, hypocritical and he turned out to be a very bad example of professor in front of aspirants. It seems he is just vomiting out his frustration with upsc.

Speaker is aloof from reality when he says NO aspirant today reads any literature. He had cleverly dodged common doubt of aspirants without answering them. He had generalized all aspirants. All his arguments are weak, generalized and can be defied. He believes medicos and engg are very successful if they are in their field. Did he not know about stark reality of PG of medicals? That exam is so cruel that it takes many years for a doctor to get a seat! PhD life of engineers in good IITs are pathetic, they take 6-8 years on an avg to complete PhD. Mtech is looked as 'jisko kuch nhi mila wo mtech kar le'. They make thesis by copying articles from wikipedia. IT life is very frustrating after some time. I know 1 selected person personally who was a student of MS in physical sciences, gold medalist in an Ivy league univ but couldn't qualify in civil in first two attempts. He was given least marks in his optional only.
    He talked about graduating subject should be taken as an optional but there are many many streams which don't fall in that list and one is bound to go to another subject. For ex I am a chemical engg but still I can't go for chemistry as a discipline in which I am trained and chemistry are very different. Just because thermodynamics terminology matches dont mean two things are same! And chemical engg is not in optional even. Students doing dental dont have this stream for them in optional. He believes then at least one is aware of terminology but everyone has studied history and geog till 10th. He talks about the mind being stagnant after 28 years age and he made his career in early 20s but still his thinking is so regressive when he said 30 32 me kya karoge shadi karke! Is he unaware of reality of time when he was in 20 and today?

In this country when unemployment is rising, jobless growth is there, job opportunities are shrinking so fastly, companies are exploiting in by paying peanuts to young people, companies are not coming to colleges for campus recruitment, research facilities are extremely bogus in IITs, PG medical seats are so less, ssc seats are shrinking, banking seats are shrinking , how should one make his career?

Career choice of professor is also not so cool as said. Even in IITs most of the prof are of regressive mentality and too much negative. It is badluck that people whom he had met in interviews are of this kind, probably he is not much aware of the kind of students who sit in exam and get out by opaque way of commission's working. It was very stupid of him to demotivate people in this way.

*slow clap*
    ·
  • win_2017 said:

I hate DP aggarwal...he killed dreams of many aspirants from humanities background by introducing csat.

I hate dp aggarwal.

This post is definitely not meant for those exceptional personality but for people who are in there first or second attempt. Itna attempt ka dum me to nahi rakhta, so huge respect for those guys. And definitely not discouraging anyone as this 'my life,my rules' is relevant for any CSE aspirants :wink:
    Why did u post this thing ...to get validation or r u confused...or u want people to quit prep after 1st attempt.
    ·
  • Burger said:

Well said. especially negative feel wala point, even i felt that too.
    This thread was meant more for a healthy discussion like this but it turns out that it has become a hotspot for bashing of dp sir and me too. People are interpreting it other way round for what i had intended. I was asking for suggestion/discussion rather giving one. Isse sahi to me ethics ki book uthata and koi achi si case study kar leta :expressionless:
    ·
  • @ bumble-bee aur rahi baat 'lost years of youth' ki then you should know about the so called IT work culture. They have their own set of problems and if given a chance, they will also like to appear for cse :D (you can search confession page of these companies where they are venting out their frustration). My friend is working in SBI PO and he will be resigning very soon. Conclussion- if you want an average life, go for any job except CSE and if you choose for an adventurous, fulfilling, royal career go only for CSE and slog hard for next 4-5 years(you can definitely get any other job/ MBA whenever you want but UPSC has specified age and attempt limit)
    ·
  • This guy bumble bee himself lacks confidence hence he came here to seek validation about what dp agrawal said.

This dp agrawal himself a confused soul ruined cse dreams of many..he is talking shit in these videos.
    ·
  • win_2017 said:

This guy bumble bee himself lacks confidence hence he came here to seek validation about what dp agrawal said.

This dp agrawal himself a confused soul ruined cse dreams of many..he is talking shit in these videos.

I can't even argue with you now. All this points and you are still not getting it.
    I can't convince anyone, so rather closing this topic here.
    Ab aap bhi padhiye and hum bhi padhte he. No logic in wasting time over here. @mods you can kill this thread if it inflicts any kind of negativism in forum brethren.
    ·
  • Jo dp agrwal kehta hain usko lekar koi fruitful discussion kaise karsakta hey tere saath...he is spitting venom and u want people to drink that venom and do fruitful discussion....moo mein santra le lo..aur fruitful baat karo..kya logic.
    ·
  • DP is notorious for his prejudice towards non- engineering background students. He use to give high score to IITians and discriminate other lesser mortals. He took moral high ground against coaching institutions by claiming all his elitistic reforms are against the scourge of coaching.Now he is into making money by giving moralizing lectures. How ironic.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google