UPSC reply about Age limit crucial date criteria determination

Hai I got a reply from UPSC about the criteria for crucial date for determining Age limit.
If DoPT can be persuaded to change it to January 1st of coming Notification year, then many candidates who have not utilised all their attempts can get one attempt for coming prelims.
P61219-175902.jpg
620 x 838 - 129K

Comments

• I am posting second page of UPSC document
    P61219-172157.jpg
    1086 x 1467 - 350K
  • edited December 2016
    1st page of letter. I have deliberately hidden the name and address of applicant
    P61219-172044(1).jpg
    1462 x 1001 - 271K
  • Hai I got a reply from UPSC about the criteria for crucial date for determining Age limit.
    If DoPT can be persuaded to change it to January 1st of coming Notification year, then many candidates who have not utilised all their attempts can get one attempt for coming prelims.
    P61219-175902.jpg
    620 x 838 - 129K
  • Oh thats a great effort by you Rameez. Well, why cant u post this matter to Minister of DoPt and PMO in twitter and through emails. I already sent mails to them regarding them
  • ok thanks. will try to do it through all means possible
  • Can we all file a PIL that arbitrary changes in date of consideration is affecting us. when the exam was changed to august then date of consideration was January 1 and now when the exam is in JUNE the date of conideration is August. They cannot have arbitrary rules. An exam which affect '000s of people cannot have vague regulations. Today xyz was reqd tomorrow abc is reqd.

The two additional attempts were announced but how can they change the date of consideration when that year exam was held during the same schedule as that of previous year.
  • dawn1234 said:

Can we all file a PIL that arbitrary changes in date of consideration is affecting us. when the exam was changed to august then date of consideration was January 1 and now when the exam is in JUNE the date of conideration is August. They cannot have arbitrary rules. An exam which affect '000s of people cannot have vague regulations. Today xyz was reqd tomorrow abc is reqd.

The two additional attempts were announced but how can they change the date of consideration when that year exam was held during the same schedule as that of previous year.

Mians is after august so date of calculation will be august

Jaan Tere Naam

• Actually even before i could complete somehow the comment got posted.

all i meant was the year when exam was scheduled in august during the time of UPA the date of consideration was always JANUARY 1. Those years too the mains used to held in OCTOBER or DECEMBER.

The year when additional attempts were announced ever since the age of consideration has been changed to AUGUST. Which means it has left us with fewer attempts.
  • 2017 has just passed without any feedback from the Govt and UPSC......what should be expected in the 2018 notification.....
  • Mark 2018 said:

2017 has just passed without any feedback from the Govt and UPSC......what should be expected in the 2018 notification.....
    </blockquote

Unless there is mass protest nothing will happen.

• dawn1234 said:

Can we all file a PIL that arbitrary changes in date of consideration is affecting us. when the exam was changed to august then date of consideration was January 1 and now when the exam is in JUNE the date of conideration is August. They cannot have arbitrary rules. An exam which affect '000s of people cannot have vague regulations. Today xyz was reqd tomorrow abc is reqd.

so interview is after Jan..then date of age calculation?
  • dawn1234 said:

so interview is after Jan..then date of age calculation?
    you are right the first exam is the prelims that should be taken into consideration
  • Is any chance of changing calculation date of age
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog