ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Relevence of The Hindu for early birds.

How is reading Hindu everyday 3 years before exam is going to help me?
If I am not wrong, current affairs of just 1 year before exam are usually asked.
·

Comments

• 1.You'll know whats going on when your fellow aspirant will be befuddled by simple editorials.
    2.Your brain will be acclimatized to reading articles having political,social,economic and current events.
    3.Since you'll have a story formed about whats going on ,you;ll be able to link things faster.That means less time being spent on understanding things, more on revising.
    4.Reading speed will drastically improve.When other aspirants will struggle with simple books.You;ll zoom through them and broaden your outlook with other material.
    5.After three years if you decide to drop CSE prep.You'll be match fit for any GD/PI.
    6.Your perspective to things will change.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • not necessary but will be helpful. so if you have time, read it. otherwise start reading 1 year before exams.
    ·
  • will help immesely , u can get the grasp of it , and your knowledge base will broaden
    ·
  • Reading a newspaper thoroughly should not be contingent on the time that you are left with till the exam.
    And there is no need to go out of the way to read the Hindu if you don't get it at your place. Indian Express would do just fine; and according to me, better.
    Prelims: 3. Mains: 1. Interview: 1. Rank: (?)
    Literature of English Language.
    Dentist, bounty hunter, aspiring diplomat. Opinionated.
    ·
  • edited December 2016

Reading a newspaper thoroughly should not be contingent on the time that you are left with till the exam.
    And there is no need to go out of the way to read the Hindu if you don't get it at your place. Indian Express would do just fine; and according to me, better.

dr saab kaha the itne din? @DrKingSchultz
    Half-read : Why Nations Fail; Thinking, fast and slow
    Currently reading : Freakonomics
    ·
  • Yahin tha bhai @chachachaudhary
    Prelims: 3. Mains: 1. Interview: 1. Rank: (?)
    Literature of English Language.
    Dentist, bounty hunter, aspiring diplomat. Opinionated.
    ·
  • The Hindu has no substitute, Indian Express also, can do...But News Papers will turn you around in 3 years. You will be a learned citizen at least with whom debating will not at all be easy ...
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google