2016 was my 4th attempt, 4th mains. Good with GS. Concerned about history optional . Since last three mains couldn't score beyond 180 in history optional. This attempt 2016 also was fine, but unhappy with answer writing in history optional after seeing answers written by others here, on forum ias. Optional is scoring and marks matter the most in securing AIR then knowledge. Feels like history is vast , hard to revise even after 4th attempt and answer writing tough since needs a lot of data. So thinking of switching to maths. Cauz am an engineer, was good at maths then, it's scoring as candidates get 300 which is nearly impossible for hiatory and confident of doing it without getting bored.
1. Should I just focus more on answer writing of history and improve it further thus saving time for other exams like bank po , state services etc
2. Even if I switched to maths I have to start from scratch since it's been more then 5 years after engineering, will i be able to complete syllabus and most importantly revise it before mains of 2017?
3. I won't be taking coaching as I live in Pune and it isn't available here, so should I take maths as optional if at all?
4. Concern of optional getting scrapped soon
5. Syllabus of maths, some say it's vast . So it doesn't solve my problem of last day revision which I think is very important
6. I feel like am getting grip over history but it needs lots of practice and hard work especially with such an amount of data and debates and maths is attractive due to its scoring advantage.
Have become "Marks"ist ,so this confusion of maths over history. Also from this i guess you guys will find that I am naive in expressing my thoughts clearly. Which is a big deal in history , unlike in maths. So PLEASE HELP. Thank you