REVISION CLASSES PRELIMS 2017 NEW SCHEDULE

ForumIAS is conducting revision classes for Prelims 2017. Due to extremely high number of candidates taking up classes, we have come up with a new schedule which will repeat the classes already held. The goal is to cover maximum topics in minimum time possible. So if you have not been able to attend these, please register. Seats fill up in a few hours, so register early. Click Here to know more and register early to avoid inconvenience

Best practices and strategies to cover Current Affairs

Kindly share your strategies to cover current affairs. Please include:
1.Sources(daily & Monthly) 2.Time devoted. 3.Notes preparation, if any. 4.Revision possibility( prelims & mains separately).
Also add anything which you feel like.
·

Comments

• @DrKingSchultz Could you tag others who can contribute.
    ·
  • Kindly share your strategies to cover current affairs. Please include:
    1.Sources(daily & Monthly) 2.Time devoted. 3.Notes preparation, if any. 4.Revision possibility( prelims & mains separately).

1.Hindu and IE
    2.No such calculations
    3.Short notes
    4.Didnt revise them and regretting it.
    ·
  • Kindly share your strategies to cover current affairs. Please include:

1.Hindu and IE
    2.No such calculations
    3.Short notes
    @killer_queen after writing such nice answers you are regretting not having read current affairs.
    ·
  • 24madaeve said:

Kindly share your strategies to cover current affairs. Please include:

1.Hindu and IE
    2.No such calculations
    3.Short notes
    @killer_queen after writing such nice answers you are regretting not having read current affairs.
    Revision brother revision.i read current affairs but could've done multiple revisions.
    ·
  • 1.the hindu( full) + ie (selected articles) + yojna(monthly basis)
    2.1-1.5 hr reading and abother 1 hr for notes making. I usually make notes in register
    In order to make it more exam oriented i mark my articles into p,m,e (pre,mains &essay) so that at time of revision 8 can quickly relate it to gs.
    One more thing is done if any article like in todays newspaper there is one about an iron pillar on hindus second page...just read it and put a tickmark on my gs botes on mauryan architecture.this helps in an effective revision.
    Bote making consumes a lot of time,but in my view if we consider it as another answer writing practise ,then half our problem is solved,afterall we are writing for 40-50 m8nutes daily through notesmaking
    3.the revision is done on weekly basis and by correlating the topics.
    This is the strategy that i have adopted for the past 1.5 years...although i haven't cleared prelims but thought to share it on this platform..
    ·
  • I am still in two minds about whether to continue with Hindu or move to Indian Express. Till 2016, i didnt bother reading PIB now it seems PIB will have to be done too.

·
  • after sincerely doing insights secure,editorials for 4 months or so on a daily basis, i finally gave up everything because i just cant sustain the amount of CA that i have to internalize + i was lagging in my optional + no time to revise so now i have decided to do secure and editorials on a backlog basis, i mean in the month of jan i'll do december months CA and so on, i dont get the time to read newspaper as well. lets see how it works.
    ·
  • oldrusty said:

I am still in two minds about whether to continue with Hindu or move to Indian Express. Till 2016, i didnt bother reading PIB now it seems PIB will have to be done too.

why this much focus on PIB?
    कुछ किये बिना ही जय जय कार नहीं होती
    कोशिश करने वालों की हार नहीं होती
    ·
  • We have created U.PSC App which provides current affairs news, Editorials, notes, blogs from various sources so you don't need to login to various websites to get quality content for free. You can download the app from google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shots.news

Current Affairs: InShort kind of daily news coverage but only related to IAS preparation from various sources.

Editorials: Editorials are must for preparation, it highlights the important points in editorials. You can bookmark them for offline reading. It covers important editorials from various sources.

Blogs/Essay: Covers Magazines, blogs and essays from sources like Yojana.

Lectures: Youtube Lectures from various sources on all topics.

Notes: Notes are very powerful and on all topics. You can download them for offline reading as well.

Quizzes/Test Series: Last but not the least. What you have learned through the app you can test your skills through quiz/test series.

It is far better than any other app in play store. You will fall in love with this app.
    ·
  • DC said:

oldrusty said:

I am still in two minds about whether to continue with Hindu or move to Indian Express. Till 2016, i didnt bother reading PIB now it seems PIB will have to be done too.

why this much focus on PIB?
    I have the same question.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • Only reading The Hindu is enough but IE can be added just in case so that none of the major issues are missed and for balanced opinion.. I'm planning to make notes for the next attempt in mains format i.e. Context/issues involved, 4-5 pros and cons and way forward. Supreme Court judgements, major committee recommendations, Bill summaries can be clubbed issue wise. I feel this exercise is more than enough to ace Essay, GS 2 and GS3 although organising and structuring in the note format daily and revising is a tedious process.
    In the midst of fearful uncertainties, romanticize the countless possibilities...
    ·
  • Only reading The Hindu is enough but IE can be added just in case so that none of the major issues are missed and for balanced opinion.. I'm planning to make notes for the next attempt in mains format i.e. Context/issues involved, 4-5 pros and cons and way forward. Supreme Court judgements, major committee recommendations, Bill summaries can be clubbed issue wise. I feel this exercise is more than enough to ace Essay, GS 2 and GS3 although organising and structuring in the note format daily and revising is a tedious process.

This is very effective.Too bad I found out so late.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • killerjoe said:

after sincerely doing insights secure,editorials for 4 months or so on a daily basis, i finally gave up everything because i just cant sustain the amount of CA that i have to internalize + i was lagging in my optional + no time to revise so now i have decided to do secure and editorials on a backlog basis, i mean in the month of jan i'll do december months CA and so on, i dont get the time to read newspaper as well. lets see how it works.

Second every word. Inch pinch bolne ka mann kar raha hai :D
    ·

While i agree absolutely on the strategy but a lill confused about the source. The problem with making issue based notes from newspaper is that of logistics- finding the issue among 400-500 other issues (even with indexing etc) just to add one two lines. Rather i find monthly compilations comprehensive to make issue based notes as they cover an issue inside out. Also, no notes are reqd for vision module, but insights compilation must be shortened to revise before exams. If i find someone with similar strategy, i would like to synergise individual efforts.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google