ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Geography optional 2017

Strategy to score 250+ in optional in 2017. Veterans are cordially invited to share their strategy. Thanks
·

Comments

• Book list we all know-
    Geomorphology,oceanography and env geography - savindra Singh
    Climatology- D S Lal
    Rupa made simple physical and human geography
    Thoughts by Majid hussain
    Eco geography k Siddhartha + internet
    Models- Majid hussain or k Siddhartha
    Indian Geography- khullar
    For agriculture part- RC Tiwari
    Magazine gny nd down to earth.
    Test series- Shabbir Sir + 1
    Coaching notes- Shabbir sir and neetu mam (for reference)
    Penguin dictionary
    Kurukshetra for paper 2
    Reports by World institution should be jotted down in a separate copy for passing reference.
    Map practice weekly.
    Answer writing- first study the topic and try to write questions for past 5 years related to that topic asked in upsc mains.
    Thats all i have .
    Share yours.
    Thanks

·
  • no time for all this.
    neetu singh mam notes-newsppr( fr map and any other gepgraphy related news)- writing prac-repeat.
    ·
  • also any other notes/ref book/google for topics not covered in notes..
    ·
  • Warlord said:

also any other notes/ref book/google for topics not covered in notes..

Depends
    ·
  • you need to cover all thinkers and topics from university recommended books...considering this year's paper i would advise you to shift optional subject!!.
    ·
  • you need to cover all thinkers and topics from university recommended books...considering this year's paper i would advise you to shift optional subject!!.

Can u name university recommended books?
    composite things decay strive diligently ..
    ·
  • Has anybody studied sumit sarkar or lalita rana's geographical thoughts.. compage was in lalita rana's book.. prob in geography is they r asking specific terms or concepts frm unknown books.border of geo is quit blurred unlyk other subs.above 270 is a distant dream aft 2015.maxm score can b 250.. whts d point of so much hard work whn people wit litreature optional can get 260.. if u cant get above 270 in geo then plz dnt tak dis optional.because it ll consume a lot of tym.if u r taking then think big.. 210/230 will nt do..
    ·
  • If I'm not wrong Compage of Whittlesey is mentioned in Evolution of Geographical Thoughts
    The day we decided, that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, was the day Education failed us.
    ·
  • If I'm not wrong Compage of Whittlesey is mentioned in Evolution of Geographical Thoughts

hmmm shi bole tum .... aise to har cheez kahi naa kahi pe hogi hi
    zero
    ·
  • It was also mentioned in some notes of Shabbir. I don't remember exactly in which topic
    The day we decided, that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, was the day Education failed us.
    ·
  • sab shabbir kaa hi naam le rhe the ki shabbir padhaaya hai ..... hmmm ... but mujhe nhi aata tha
    zero
    ·

Which chaptor bro.. page no plz.. i got 6th edition.
    ·
  • 6th edition of what?
    ·
  • 6th edition of what?

Majid hussen evolution of geographical thoughts.
    ·
  • Haven't yet read Majid.
    Was talking about RD Dixit.
    ·

lol
    zero
    ·

Yeah its there in rd dixit.. 2/3 lines.. not elaborate lyk lalita rana..
    ·
  • thiesens region newbegin not there in all these shortcut books...http://www.du.ac.in/du/uploads/old-ug-courses/1572011_BA_H_Geography.pdf
    ·
  • thiesens region newbegin not there in all these shortcut books...http://www.du.ac.in/du/uploads/old-ug-courses/1572011_BA_H_Geography.pdf

did u know it in exam hall ... :|
    zero
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google