MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Which teacher's CLASS NOTES are best/most organised and covers the whole syllabus for SOCIOLOGY OPT?

Seniors and all the aspirants with sociology optional, please help me to decide whose class notes are best for sociology, organised and covers the whole syllabus, most importantly relevant to the subject and for the exam?
There’s no such thing as failure, it is just a wait for success.

Comments

• Today I wrote mains with Socio .My experience says Blue harlambos should be core of your preparation.
  • Today I wrote mains with Socio .My experience says Blue harlambos should be core of your preparation.

And what to use for paper 2 ? Haralambos is for paper 1 only right ?
  • Concepts of harlambos are equally relevant for paper 2, but I myself have no complete idea for paper 2 .
  • Orange haralambos plus blue plus mahapatra sir notes.however for paper 2,refer ignou
  • edited December 2016
    is there a major difference between orange and blue haralambos ??

• None of the class notes are complete.

Mahapatra sirs are good for getting a hang of things but are sketchy. You need to make your own notes after going through them.

Standard books are becoming a must going by the standard of papers.

Upendra sirs printed notes are a cut paste job. Same for nice IAS notes. The volume of nice IAS notes is huge so I think it covers more topics though I'm yet to go through them in detail.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog