The Only Test Series you will ever need to crack Prelims 2017
Join ForumIAS Prelims 2017 Test Series – 31 Tests to cover the full syllabus – with 10 Sectional Tests6 Subjectwise Tests and 8 Simulator Tests ™ to cover the full syllabus. This will be supplemented by 2 Full Length Current Affairs Tests and 1 Test on Economic Survey and India Year Book. On your request, we have also included discussion classes/videos for each Test.

Question Paper and Discussion Economics optional - 2016 - Paper 1 and 2

Guys we can discuss the paper here.
This is the toughest Economics Paper 1 I have ever seen. Don't know how they will mark. If there will be any scaling.
·

Comments

• Can you post the paper please?
    ·
  • Hey how was this year's paper. There always so little discussion about economics
    Hope this thread throws some light..
    ·
  • I personally found some parts in p1 not doable at all ,.unheard theories ..
    ·
  • Pria said:

I personally found some parts in p1 not doable at all ,.unheard theories ..

Yes I left 4 questions outright.. In the question of Information Asymmetry, I superimposed Welfare function to show how markets failed.. Really keeping fingers crossed.

What about you? How did u do?
    ·
  • I think this years paper 1 was a bit tough but paper 2 was on an easy side.
    ·
  • can u pls upload the paper
    ·
  • I think this years paper 1 was a bit tough but paper 2 was on an easy side.

·
  • Paper one kya thha yaar. Eclectic FDI and what not. Kisi ko aata thha? FDI, Krugman?
    ·
  • leo_20 said:

Paper one kya thha yaar. Eclectic FDI and what not. Kisi ko aata thha? FDI, Krugman?

No clue.. 40 marks I just left.. Information Asymmetry wala b I used Welfare Economics to define putting Perato Non Optimal condition. 30% of paper I had not heard..
    ·
  • How was paper 2. Gst bill and all seemed like paper 2
    ·
  • Pria said:

How was paper 2. Gst bill and all seemed like paper 2

Paper 2 was Okish.. Out of 5 , in 1 wrote general gyan.. Rest 4 very specific.. But last year everyone got very less.. Hoping for best
    ·
  • this year paper 1 has made my mind blank in exam hall.. what the hell of the paper was that..Was not knowing 40 marks questions..It shook my confidence so much that i wrote average in rest other parts..Dont know how they will mark..Feeling pissed and frustrated.
    ·
  • sunny2009 said:

this year paper 1 has made my mind blank in exam hall.. what the hell of the paper was that..Was not knowing 40 marks questions..It shook my confidence so much that i wrote average in rest other parts..Dont know how they will mark..Feeling pissed and frustrated.

I hope there is proper Normalizing.
    ·
  • This year will be tough for eco. Absolute carnage. I have left 30 marks compulsory. Apart from that, one 35 marks worth in 50 marker set and a few other 10 markers, I expect max 30% marks.

I believe that it is same for most of us. I also think that either normalisation is a myth or doesn't work the way it should.

Hope some compensation in P2 but from past experience, hope doesn't work @ upsc.
    Eco is no more a 200+ safe floor optional. While 1-2 nuts each year was a norm, this year they have gone beyond nuts and asked anything under the sky. One Dominic Salavatore is unfinishable and they have now gone beyond.
    ·
  • vsec said:

This year will be tough for eco. Absolute carnage. I have left 30 marks compulsory. Apart from that, one 35 marks worth in 50 marker set and a few other 10 markers, I expect max 30% marks.

I believe that it is same for most of us. I also think that either normalisation is a myth or doesn't work the way it should.

Hope some compensation in P2 but from past experience, hope doesn't work @ upsc.
    Eco is no more a 200+ safe floor optional. While 1-2 nuts each year was a norm, this year they have gone beyond nuts and asked anything under the sky. One Dominic Salavatore is unfinishable and they have now gone beyond.

True that. We are all on same boat. Don't think anyone could have done much better.. I know from IFoS papers that normalizing does happen.. 2 years back Geology paper was very tough and people got much better marks than expected.. Hope they are fair to Eco optional this year..
    ·
  • vsec said:

This year will be tough for eco. Absolute carnage. I have left 30 marks compulsory. Apart from that, one 35 marks worth in 50 marker set and a few other 10 markers, I expect max 30% marks.

True that. We are all on same boat. Don't think anyone could have done much better.. I know from IFoS papers that normalizing does happen.. 2 years back Geology paper was very tough and people got much better marks than expected.. Hope they are fair to Eco optional this year..
    I hope and pray that normalisation occurs.Otherwise all eco optional guys will be butchered.Your statement gives me some hope

·
  • Hopefully people have access to eco paper. In case not, here it is.
    Live, love and Enjoy
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    Paper II
    hfHDY4AD7f8W1B2y478Nd3FR.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 905K
    3ebPA1WeDaYUKBMTeF9UV3BH.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 906K
    E0V4SNd6D1JaM6DNdDhtXa5L.jpg
    2280 x 2976 - 620K
    Live, love and Enjoy
    ·
  • Paper I
    KFUEJdEeTK5RtY6QJMUUbUKM.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 769K
    0gC9B05r9Rr2tVAgMUfBe2YT.jpg
    2312 x 2956 - 551K
    fg64PNfy0Ca0atL0Q2rYfyPJ.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 899K
    Live, love and Enjoy
    ·
  • this eco optional paper 1 is coming in my dreams..want to forget what happened that day...
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google