Invitation : Attend OPEN Classes on Current Affairs for Mains 2017 on 16th & 17th at 11AM

Walk in to the Test Center at 11AM Today or Register for the 2 Days Open Classes, or enroll for the ONLINE / OFFLINE Current Affairs for Mains 2017 by visiting the below link http://blog.forumias.com/currentaffairs2017. A registration fee of Rs. 50/day is charged for the two day event to have a correct estimate of the number of people attending.

Question Paper and Discussion Economics optional - 2016 - Paper 1 and 2

Guys we can discuss the paper here.
This is the toughest Economics Paper 1 I have ever seen. Don't know how they will mark. If there will be any scaling.
·
«1

Comments

  • Can you post the paper please?
    ·
  • Hey how was this year's paper. There always so little discussion about economics
    Hope this thread throws some light..
    ·
  • I personally found some parts in p1 not doable at all ,.unheard theories ..
    ·
  • Pria said:

    I personally found some parts in p1 not doable at all ,.unheard theories ..

    Yes I left 4 questions outright.. In the question of Information Asymmetry, I superimposed Welfare function to show how markets failed.. Really keeping fingers crossed.

    What about you? How did u do?
    ·
  • I think this years paper 1 was a bit tough but paper 2 was on an easy side.
    ·
  • can u pls upload the paper
    ·
  • I think this years paper 1 was a bit tough but paper 2 was on an easy side.

    ·
  • Paper one kya thha yaar. Eclectic FDI and what not. Kisi ko aata thha? FDI, Krugman?
    ·
  • leo_20 said:

    Paper one kya thha yaar. Eclectic FDI and what not. Kisi ko aata thha? FDI, Krugman?

    No clue.. 40 marks I just left.. Information Asymmetry wala b I used Welfare Economics to define putting Perato Non Optimal condition. 30% of paper I had not heard..
    ·
  • How was paper 2. Gst bill and all seemed like paper 2
    ·
  • Pria said:

    How was paper 2. Gst bill and all seemed like paper 2

    Paper 2 was Okish.. Out of 5 , in 1 wrote general gyan.. Rest 4 very specific.. But last year everyone got very less.. Hoping for best
    ·
  • this year paper 1 has made my mind blank in exam hall.. what the hell of the paper was that..Was not knowing 40 marks questions..It shook my confidence so much that i wrote average in rest other parts..Dont know how they will mark..Feeling pissed and frustrated.
    ·
  • sunny2009 said:

    this year paper 1 has made my mind blank in exam hall.. what the hell of the paper was that..Was not knowing 40 marks questions..It shook my confidence so much that i wrote average in rest other parts..Dont know how they will mark..Feeling pissed and frustrated.

    I hope there is proper Normalizing.
    ·
  • This year will be tough for eco. Absolute carnage. I have left 30 marks compulsory. Apart from that, one 35 marks worth in 50 marker set and a few other 10 markers, I expect max 30% marks.

    I believe that it is same for most of us. I also think that either normalisation is a myth or doesn't work the way it should.

    Hope some compensation in P2 but from past experience, hope doesn't work @ upsc.
    Eco is no more a 200+ safe floor optional. While 1-2 nuts each year was a norm, this year they have gone beyond nuts and asked anything under the sky. One Dominic Salavatore is unfinishable and they have now gone beyond.
    ·
  • vsec said:

    This year will be tough for eco. Absolute carnage. I have left 30 marks compulsory. Apart from that, one 35 marks worth in 50 marker set and a few other 10 markers, I expect max 30% marks.

    I believe that it is same for most of us. I also think that either normalisation is a myth or doesn't work the way it should.

    Hope some compensation in P2 but from past experience, hope doesn't work @ upsc.
    Eco is no more a 200+ safe floor optional. While 1-2 nuts each year was a norm, this year they have gone beyond nuts and asked anything under the sky. One Dominic Salavatore is unfinishable and they have now gone beyond.

    True that. We are all on same boat. Don't think anyone could have done much better.. I know from IFoS papers that normalizing does happen.. 2 years back Geology paper was very tough and people got much better marks than expected.. Hope they are fair to Eco optional this year..
    ·
  • vsec said:

    This year will be tough for eco. Absolute carnage. I have left 30 marks compulsory. Apart from that, one 35 marks worth in 50 marker set and a few other 10 markers, I expect max 30% marks.

    I believe that it is same for most of us. I also think that either normalisation is a myth or doesn't work the way it should.

    Hope some compensation in P2 but from past experience, hope doesn't work @ upsc.
    Eco is no more a 200+ safe floor optional. While 1-2 nuts each year was a norm, this year they have gone beyond nuts and asked anything under the sky. One Dominic Salavatore is unfinishable and they have now gone beyond.

    True that. We are all on same boat. Don't think anyone could have done much better.. I know from IFoS papers that normalizing does happen.. 2 years back Geology paper was very tough and people got much better marks than expected.. Hope they are fair to Eco optional this year..
    I hope and pray that normalisation occurs.Otherwise all eco optional guys will be butchered.Your statement gives me some hope

    ·
  • Hopefully people have access to eco paper. In case not, here it is.
    RBI Grade B Manager
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    Paper II
    hfHDY4AD7f8W1B2y478Nd3FR.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 905K
    3ebPA1WeDaYUKBMTeF9UV3BH.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 906K
    E0V4SNd6D1JaM6DNdDhtXa5L.jpg
    2280 x 2976 - 620K
    RBI Grade B Manager
    ·
  • Paper I
    KFUEJdEeTK5RtY6QJMUUbUKM.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 769K
    0gC9B05r9Rr2tVAgMUfBe2YT.jpg
    2312 x 2956 - 551K
    fg64PNfy0Ca0atL0Q2rYfyPJ.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 899K
    RBI Grade B Manager
    ·
  • this eco optional paper 1 is coming in my dreams..want to forget what happened that day...
    ·
  • sunny2009 said:

    this eco optional paper 1 is coming in my dreams..want to forget what happened that day...

    Haha.. I dreamt getting 131 in GS4... And its was so damn real till I woke up
    ·
  • more than the paper,marking matters.....
    ·
  • Anyone in?
    ·
  • 3 ppl i know, nobody in
    ·
  • Couldn't make it..paper1 might hv spoiled d scenario..
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog