ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Provincial Civil Services exam 2017 UTTAR PRADESH- Discussion Hub

All discussions pertaining to Uttar Pradesh Pcs examination 2017 can be done here. I am starting this discussion with the hope that all aspirants would get benefited from the inputs over here.
Let us start and help each other.
·

Comments

• I do not have any idea of how to start .Any website or url which helps me in accumulating the materials, understanding the pattern etc.
    ·
  • Are there any correspondce courses which can give me an overall idea or any classroom coachings @Lko
    ·
  • It would be much helpful if we can have 2016 UPPCS mains compulsory papers here. Gs1, Gs2, Essay and Hindi.
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    @Indian_Cheetah I was searching the previous year papers online. Not only 2016 but the earlier ones too.Could not find them. Didn't find them on the official site of UP-PSC too.

Can you please suggest the sources from where to gather the materials like -

1) Previous (atleast 5 yr) Preliminary exam quest. Papers

2) previous main exam GS1 ,2 ,essay and hindi QUES. PAPERS

3) Also suggest sources for the optional Quest . Papers of main exam.

4) What is this recent change in the Pre paper 2 qualifying criterion.
    Does a candidate need to qualify it with 33 percent and its marks Wouldn't be added.

Is it so?

·
  • 1) Previous (at least 5 yr) Preliminary exam quest. Papers
    2) previous main exam GS1 ,2 ,essay and hindi QUES. PAPERS
    3) Also suggest sources for the optional Quest . Papers of main exam.

All the above can be had in open market like Mukherjee Nagar in Delhi or Allahabad. But I was hoping if someone can upload the scanned copies, it would be much helpful.

It also depends on the subject. Popular subjects (History, Defense Studies etc.) are easily available. For niche subjects (like Geology, Management etc.) we need to file a RTI with UPPSC to procure papers.

4) What is this recent change in the Pre paper 2 qualifying criterion.
    Does a candidate need to qualify it with 33 percent and its marks Wouldn't be added.
    Is it so?

Yes. Paper two is not counted in prelims. Only qualifying.

·
  • I'm also eyeing UPPCS 2017 !!
    ·
  • With elections scheduled during the time prelims is usually held, when can we expect the exams to be held ? Will model code of conduct affect release of notification ?
    To be, or not to be, that is the question...
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    Ok. Thankyou for the reply cheetah bhai. I will have to file an RTI then. :)

Any specific book shops in Mukerjee nagar and Allahabad.I never had the opportunity to visit both the places.

ATVB @Indian_Cheetah
    ·
  • ^^
    Once you'll visit Mukh. Nagar, you'll realize you don't need shop names. They are everywhere !!

Free market Capitalism operates at its best in MN :)
    ·
  • With elections scheduled during the time prelims is usually held, when can we expect the exams to be held ? Will model code of conduct affect release of notification ?

I don't think so. UPPSC has become one of the most professional State Commission in recent years.

Except that it doesn't upload previous years' papers online :s
    ·
  • ^^
    Once you'll visit Mukh. Nagar, you'll realize you don't need shop names. They are everywhere !!

Free market Capitalism operates at its best in MN :)

Nice :) thank you cheetah :)
    ·
  • NOT MUCH TIME LEFT . Gear up soon.

Screenshot_2016-12-08-15-00-23-1.png
    720 x 459 - 284K
    ·

19 - March ko prelims Hai and uppsc notification release in Dec last week
    ·

I don't think so. UPPSC has become one of the most professional State Commission in recent years.

Except that it doesn't upload previous years' papers online :s

With elections scheduled during the time prelims is usually held, when can we expect the exams to be held ? Will model code of conduct affect release of notification ?

19 - March ko prelims Hai and uppsc notification release in Dec last week
    Thank you :)
    To be, or not to be, that is the question...
    ·
  • is baar seats kafi aa rhi h uppsc 2017 me..
    as per a senior high cadre official in commission

·
  • edited December 2016

is baar seats kafi aa rhi h uppsc 2017 me..

@MaterialisticMonk can you help me.From your comment I can make out that you have given the exam earlier as well.

Here is a bit of my background and I am totally fresh in this game.

Any help on your part would be too useful for me.

I did my graduation way back in 2006 and since 2007 have been employed in a state government undertaking .

I am 33 years old and the last exam I had appeared was in 2006, which was for this state undertaking job.

PLEASE help.I am willing to go full throttle but lacking proper guidelines.
    ·

@MaterialisticMonk can you help me.From your comment I can make out that you have given the exam earlier as well.

I did my graduation way back in 2006 and since 2007 have been employed in a state government undertaking .

I am 33 years old and the last exam I had appeared was in 2006, which was for this state undertaking job.

sure bhai..
    dont worry..
    ·

sure bhai..
    dont worry..
    @MaterialisticMonk bhai. What should be my main focus for the pre of 19th March, apart from Newspaper.

·
  • Guys, I need previous years' question papers for Mechanical Engineering for UPPCS mains. They are not available in open market. I've enquired in ORN and MN.

Can someone please tell how to file a RTI with UPPSC to procure them.

I mean apart from the Rs. 10/- postal order and the RTI application, do I need to attach cost for procuring A4 size sheets too (per paper) ??
    CSM 2015 | CSE Interview 2016*
    ·
  • UP-PCS 2017
    https://telegram.me/uppcs

Join and Share it
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google