The Only Test Series you will ever need to crack Prelims 2017
Join ForumIAS Prelims 2017 Test Series – 31 Tests to cover the full syllabus – with 10 Sectional Tests6 Subjectwise Tests and 8 Simulator Tests ™ to cover the full syllabus. This will be supplemented by 2 Full Length Current Affairs Tests and 1 Test on Economic Survey and India Year Book. On your request, we have also included discussion classes/videos for each Test.

[MAINS-2016]- Analysis, Experience, Difficulty Level, Expected Cut-off

Comments

• "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
  • luckoo said:

GS 1 good
    GS 2 good but some questions stumped me
    GS 3 good
    GS 4 good except for those 3 notorious pub ad questions

Geo 1 very good
    Geo 2 good

Overall satisfied with my attempts
    Hoping for the best

Share ur roll no. Agar mains clear nahi hua queen ka to... mazsk banega
    Are Bhai kaisa mazak.Paper ache lage mujhe,Maine honestly share kiya.agar nahi bhi hua mains qualify toh bhi theek,atleast I'll learn from this attempt and understand more about this exam's nature.Online,hidden identity waale forum pe if a person fears Mazak,that says a lot about a person's self confidence.
    ·
  • Dangal ;
    Kaabil;
    The Mummy ( Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe);
    Raees ;
    XXX The Return of Xander Cage.

Ye sab movies dekhna hai ab line se ek ke baad ek Mains result aane tak.
    ·
  • New Gods being forged again... ATB guys. And pray for me-2017.
    The Lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·
  • Ivan bro, befikre bhul gye aap, aaj hi release hui hai
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    vignesh said:

@Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh

150 marks? In all 4 GS papers and optionals combined? And what's that effectively mean in the context?

I left 12.5 in each of the 3 GS papers and 30 in ethics.

Effectively means left blank plus few equal to leaving blank..just 1 or 2 minutes attempted questions due to lack of time mainly..>100 in gs totally and >40 in optional :neutral:
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)

Enjoying at Home after Long Time... So DND please !!!
    ·
  • luckoo said:

Spartaaaaa moment for Public Administration optional .. easiest paper in last 4-5 yrs !
    On path to redeem its lost glory ... Alka Sirohi ZIndabad !

jab tak result nahin ata..kuch mat bolo
    sabne pub ad mein phoda hoga..not only u
    competition badghega
    I am sure everyone would have done well and I wish them good luck ..

but where in my post have I mentioned that mera bahut accha gaya ??

I ws only commenting about paper toughness .. please do not assume things .. infact maine kuch chhodha bhi hai because of lack of time ..
    Sir,you'll do well.Your confidence says a lot.All the best.
    ·
  • luckoo said:

Spartaaaaa moment for Public Administration optional .. easiest paper in last 4-5 yrs !

jab tak result nahin ata..kuch mat bolo
    sabne pub ad mein phoda hoga..not only u
    competition badghega
    I am sure everyone would have done well and I wish them good luck ..

but where in my post have I mentioned that mera bahut accha gaya ??

I ws only commenting about paper toughness .. please do not assume things .. infact maine kuch chhodha bhi hai because of lack of time ..
    Sir,you'll do well.Your confidence says a lot.All the best.
    Ksi queen hai ye?
    Sab Timing Ka Khel Hai.
    ·
  • Ivan bro, befikre bhul gye aap, aaj hi release hui hai

Haan bhai, Ranvir and Vaani.. Dont bahut sahi lag rahe hain Befikre mein.

Yashraj productions ki hai toh movie toh definitely achhi hogi hi.

Will surely watch it.
    ·
  • Spartaaaaa moment for Public Administration optional .. easiest paper in last 4-5 yrs !

sir ye batao paper pub ad ka paper itna easy tha. tu kya tight marking hogi aur scaling se marks ghat sakta specially paper 1. it was dam easy compare to last year
    ·
  • Hote did ppl with maths feel about the paper? I messed up paper 1 to o :(
    ·
  • Can somebody post Electrical Engineering mains paper
    ·
  • ditto said:

Hote did ppl with maths feel about the paper? I messed up paper 1 to o :(

dada maths me maar li. tabah kar diya.
    ·
  • kamena said:

sir ye batao paper pub ad ka paper itna easy tha. tu kya tight marking hogi aur scaling se marks ghat sakta specially paper 1. it was dam easy compare to last year
    Dude, why should that be the case? The number of people who took Pub ad has come down drastically. In my chennai centre not even 25 were there with pub ad. @andy133 earlier reporting similar numbers in the entire J&K.

Moreover whenever easy papers were asked in other optionals, did they scale down? Didn't Tina Dabi score close to 300 in pol sci which was also a humanities subject? Why should Pub ad alone suffer either because of out of syllabus questions or because of scaling? Marking may be strict but still simple answers directly attacking the questions with examples from Indian settings will get good marks as usual.
    ·
  • kamena said:

Since paper was easy .. scaling issues (those with above avg will get very good marks and those below avg will be shunted out) .. plus correction can also be strict .. but overall easy paper helps the optional !

Indian Revenue Service
    मंगल भवन अमंगल हारी, द्रवहु सुदसरथ अजर बिहारी ||
    ·
  • In my center, all the pub ad and geo guys were expecting an intrw call after P2 :/ and all socio anthro guys had that screwed up look ..

which centre ?

Mine .. decent public school
    Indian Revenue Service
    मंगल भवन अमंगल हारी, द्रवहु सुदसरथ अजर बिहारी ||
    ·
  • Kisi aur ko bhi aisa feel hua that we r writing almost same answers in gs 1 2 3 4 like tribal wala smart city wala n 1 more which I cnt remember I got tired repeating my answers
    it will matter in the end...definitely..
    ·
  • @DrKingSchultz please share your experience of your first mains.
    ·
  • kashmir said:

Kisi aur ko bhi aisa feel hua that we r writing almost same answers in gs 1 2 3 4 like tribal wala smart city wala n 1 more which I cnt remember I got tired repeating my answers

flood wala? by the way I varied according to demand of the question ,Dint concentrate on whether it was paper 1,2 or 3 though
    Sab Timing Ka Khel Hai.
    ·
  • Humne toh pela just like prelims.
    Sab Timing Ka Khel Hai.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google