ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

[MAINS-2016]- Analysis, Experience, Difficulty Level, Expected Cut-off

Comments

• Lagta hai sab party krne gaye hai. maine apne gang ko kal ka time de dia ,socha toh thoda praschataap krna pad sakta hai aaj.
    Now It Ends...
  • niteshg5 said:

GS 1 good
    GS 2 good but some questions stumped me
    GS 3 good
    GS 4 good except for those 3 notorious pub ad questions

Geo 1 very good
    Geo 2 good

Overall satisfied with my attempts
    Hoping for the best

great..which attempt ?
    2nd attempt,1st mains
    This was based on my analysis.I couldn't have done better that's why I'm satisfied about my attempt.Had prepared questions like basket and egg,so having a good hangover feeling.Also managed most questions on map marking despite having prepared absolutely zero for it.The places asked were really easy to be quite honest.Upar se geo paper 2 was basically GS paper.
    ya paper 2 experience was good. But paper 1 kind of screwed me more coz I had read those basket and stop and go but cudnt remember there dont know why. I wanted to end the exams on a good note. But reverse. great u ended it on happy note. Enjoy
  • niteshg5 said:

niteshg5 said:

GS 1 good
    GS 3 good

Geo 1 very good
    Geo 2 good

Hoping for the best

great..which attempt ?
    2nd attempt,1st mains
    This was based on my analysis.I couldn't have done better that's why I'm satisfied about my attempt.Had prepared questions like basket and egg,so having a good hangover feeling.Also managed most questions on map marking despite having prepared absolutely zero for it.The places asked were really easy to be quite honest.Upar se geo paper 2 was basically GS paper.
    ya paper 2 experience was good. But paper 1 kind of screwed me more coz I had read those basket and stop and go but cudnt remember there dont know why. I wanted to end the exams on a good note. But reverse. great u ended it on happy note. Enjoy
    This two question will not make any difference if you attempted other question well
  • niteshg5 said:

GS 1 good
    GS 3 good

Geo 1 very good
    Geo 2 good

Hoping for the best

great..which attempt ?
    2nd attempt,1st mains
    People Those who havent achieved your level wont understand it .Unko lagta hai sab ch***** kaat te hai..I know Ur roll number will be there in the list.
    Now It Ends...
  • And i missed a Full toss Riggs. We have played so many deliveries 1 delivery wouldnt make that impact.Will recover those marks in Interview.
    Now It Ends...
  • Is baar kaunsa Subject zyada Tough tha comparatively?
  • edited December 2016
    My optional has pissed me.

Jus wanna knw if any medical science student
    H they find the paper 1 optional?
    Very tensed
  • niteshg5 said:

niteshg5 said:

GS 1 good
    GS 3 good

Geo 1 very good
    Geo 2 good

Hoping for the best

great..which attempt ?
    2nd attempt,1st mains
    Thanks man.Even I wrote stop and go in last 6 minutes.wrote hardly 150+ words but wrote relevant things.Yes how you end the exam determines how you feel after the exam.
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )
  • shreenu said:

Law optional anyone?

Me. Screwed up paper 1 in time management. Paper 2 - generic shit. You?
  • niteshg5 said:

GS 1 good
    GS 3 good

Geo 1 very good
    Geo 2 good

Hoping for the best

great..which attempt ?
    2nd attempt,1st mains
    People Those who havent achieved your level wont understand it .Unko lagta hai sab ch***** kaat te hai..I know Ur roll number will be there in the list.
    Thanks for the encouraging words @PatiencenHope. Hoping that you have done well and get selected.
  • Jerico said:

niteshg5 said:

niteshg5 said:

GS 1 good
    GS 3 good

Geo 1 very good
    Geo 2 good

Hoping for the best

great..which attempt ?
    2nd attempt,1st mains
    This two question will not make any difference if you attempted other question well
    i also screwed gravity model, compage and wrote little about boundary and frontiers...so i hav lost hope..i know that i m out this time..i need some transition bakar to keep my mind busy and pass some time to come to terms wid situations....so i m saying random things here ...
  • Suna hai erstwhile champion optional ..medical sc. was tough?
  • niteshg5 said:

Jerico said:

niteshg5 said:

niteshg5 said:

GS 1 good
    GS 3 good

Geo 1 very good
    Geo 2 good

Hoping for the best

great..which attempt ?
    2nd attempt,1st mains
    i also screwed gravity model, compage and wrote little about boundary and frontiers...so i hav lost hope..i know that i m out this time..i need some transition bakar to keep my mind busy and pass some time to come to terms wid situations....so i m saying random things here ...
    haha. See the competition, if u r screwed in 3 questions out of 9 papers , u r out.
  • edited December 2016
    niteshg5 said:

Jerico said:

niteshg5 said:

niteshg5 said:

GS 1 good
    GS 3 good

Geo 1 very good
    Geo 2 good

Hoping for the best

great..which attempt ?
    2nd attempt,1st mains
    You never know the marking scheme. I have a gut feeling that geography will do well amongst optionals.
  • andy133 said:

Suna hai erstwhile champion optional ..medical sc. was tough?

Sab Ki baari aati h...Jse sab k din aate hai...
    Now It Ends...
  • shreenu said:

Law optional anyone?

Paper was was easy. Paper II 1a 5b 5e attempted vaguely but completed the paper
  • shreenu said:

Law optional anyone?

M satisfied with both :) Let's see
  • suggest some good books bhai log..so to broaden the horizon!!!
    God is the poorest man on earth!!!
  • Socio aur Pub ad k din fire h matlab.
    Now It Ends...
  • Friends.....Please Review my essay

Gender and development.

Introduced with Sustainable development goal of gender equality.

Took up following issues in separate paragraphs:

Health - Mothers' health should not be compromised , else there will be demographic explosion.

Education > non functional girls tiolets in school, gross enrollment ratio of a Dalit women in higher education is very low.

Drinking water > women and girl child are send to fetch drinking water > economic and social cost.

Urbanization > women security , especially migrant women. distressed migrant women. problems of slums due to water borne diseases affect women most.

Ownership and decision making > No land rights to women even though there is an increased feminization of agriculture > non inclusion

Corporate sector > sexual harassment at work place in Corporate section > lesser participation in work force.

what is being done? > MAA (Mothers' absolute affection), ANM, ASHA, Matritva surkasha yojana, Property in the name of women in Housing for all scheme, women entrepreneurship

What should be done > implementation of sexual harassment at work place act, inclusion of women living in LWE areas; Northeast areas.

drew a diagram also.

then concluded by citing the constitutional goal of gender equality and dreams of founders of our nation and then reconnecting the the SDGs that I started with.
  • iss saal ke mains ka outcome kya hai....batao bhai...2017 waalo ka bhi faayda ho jayega...
    physics ka paper ho toh please upload kar dena
  • iss saal ke mains ka outcome kya hai....batao bhai...2017 waalo ka bhi faayda ho jayega...
    physics ka paper ho toh please upload kar dena

Satra pe Khatra.
    Now It Ends...
  • Prelims vale sahi bakar kaat k entertainment krate the.yha sab samajhdar aur sensible banne ki koshish kar rahe h.
    Now It Ends...
  • Yar i forgot to struck off those queations which i didnt attempt , koi problem to ni hogi iski vajah se ?

chill.Zindagi itni choti bhi nahi hai.
    Now It Ends...
  • Yar i forgot to struck off those queations which i didnt attempt , koi problem to ni hogi iski vajah se ?

Thnx a lot bhai , paper acha hua hai sanskrit ka specially sanskrit paper 2 , discussed with sir too, iske bad ye silly mistake yaad ayi aur mood ki jhand hone lgi lol btw rough pages jispe shlokas likhe the wo kaat diye hain sare :p
    Matter nahi krti h sab chize. Enjoy,atleast Until result. Vo Brahamastra haasil krne ka konsa shlok bolte h?
    Now It Ends...

Thnx a lot bhai , paper acha hua hai sanskrit ka specially sanskrit paper 2 , discussed with sir too, iske bad ye silly mistake yaad ayi aur mood ki jhand hone lgi lol btw rough pages jispe shlokas likhe the wo kaat diye hain sare :p
    Matter nahi krti h sab chize. Enjoy,atleast Until result. Vo Brahamastra haasil krne ka konsa shlok bolte h/b>?
    :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
  • edited December 2016

Yar i forgot to struck off those queations which i didnt attempt , koi problem to ni hogi iski vajah se ?

Matter nahi krti h sab chize. Enjoy,atleast Until result. Vo Brahamastra haasil krne ka konsa shlok bolte h?
    Brahmastra ka to pata nahi par aapne kaha hi hai to ek masterpiece from epic kiratarjuniyam apki sewa me hajir hai
    न नोन नुन्नो नुन्नोनो नानानाना नना ननु।
    नुन्नोअ नुन्नो नुन्नेनो नानेना नुन्न नुन्न नत ।।
    ;)
    UPSC is chiz k bhi marks deti h? Aur main Hidden syllabus Google kar kar k pareshan ho gaya tha.
    Now It Ends...
  • Hey all my friends in law, I haves a question to ask. Now because and therefor and subsequently Mains exam was over, I was plan to do what I do. Very very too much long time ago, I tolded that Salman is coming up with his new cinemaa called 'Tubelight' for his tubelight fans, I wanna ask you all is what movie should i made? Pleaes honesty reply is must .
    Ramesh. Suresh. Rakesh. Ramesh. Suresh. Rakesh
  • Medical Science was a very badly set paper.. whoever set it must not have been a doctor. Worst paper in my memory
  • suggest some good books bhai log..so to broaden the horizon!!!
    God is the poorest man on earth!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog