Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Pleaso Do not IGNORE: Advice Me on Preparation for UP-Pcs exam of the coming Year.

Hi dear members,

I had been a guest for quite some time but now I finally decided to be a member.

I am 33 odd years old and anyhow not eligible for IAS.

Neither did I aspire to be an IAS before the first 30 years of my life span.

I did my graduation way back in 2006 and since 2007 have been employed in a state government undertaking .

Some incidents happened in my life in the past few months and I soon realised the purpose for which I have been sent.

I thought of ways and means to realise this purpose but none seemed to be better than an Administrative designation.

I know that I have already passed the 30 year age limit and hence can write my state Pcs only .

I know the differences between the jobs of central and state govts.

Still, I just want to go for the state exam , despite being very well aware of the fact that I would always be a subordinate to an IAS, who would obviously be much younger than me.

I donot have problem with the above fact, because I am unable to change it.

What I can best do, is to hear my inner voice and be there.

I just want an advice from members over here, on how to approach the exam and be successful.

Please also note that the last time I had appeared in a competition was the year 2006.Hence,I am obviously a bit out of touch.

·

Comments

• Hi dear members,

I had been a guest for quite some time but now I finally decided to be a member.

I am 33 odd years old and anyhow not eligible for IAS.

Neither did I aspire to be an IAS before the first 30 years of my life span.

I did my graduation way back in 2006 and since 2007 have been employed in a state government undertaking .

Some incidents happened in my life in the past few months and I soon realised the purpose for which I have been sent.

I thought of ways and means to realise this purpose but none seemed to be better than an Administrative designation.

I know that I have already passed the 30 year age limit and hence can write my state Pcs only .

I know the differences between the jobs of central and state govts.

Still, I just want to go for the state exam , despite being very well aware of the fact that I would always be a subordinate to an IAS, who would obviously be much younger than me.

I donot have problem with the above fact, because I am unable to change it.

What I can best do, is to hear my inner voice and be there.

I just want an advice from members over here, on how to approach the exam and be successful.

Please also note that the last time I had appeared in a competition was the year 2006.Hence,I am obviously a bit out of touch.

Few pointers which could help you
    1) choose optional wisely, a combination that you can manage , like Philo plus social work
    2) for current read last year's pratiyogita darpans plus annual issue of ghatnachakra/ pareeksha vani

You need to prepare Al the static portion of gs as well ( polity, eco, hist, geo etc ) just pick up one book per section and go through them
    Solve last 15 years paper , questions get repeated a lot
    Get notes as you won't be able to make them yourself at this point .
    ·
  • What does that last statement mean ?
    @restless1234
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog