ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Pleaso Do not IGNORE: Advice Me on Preparation for UP-Pcs exam of the coming Year.

Hi dear members,

I had been a guest for quite some time but now I finally decided to be a member.

I am 33 odd years old and anyhow not eligible for IAS.

Neither did I aspire to be an IAS before the first 30 years of my life span.

I did my graduation way back in 2006 and since 2007 have been employed in a state government undertaking .

Some incidents happened in my life in the past few months and I soon realised the purpose for which I have been sent.

I thought of ways and means to realise this purpose but none seemed to be better than an Administrative designation.

I know that I have already passed the 30 year age limit and hence can write my state Pcs only .

I know the differences between the jobs of central and state govts.

Still, I just want to go for the state exam , despite being very well aware of the fact that I would always be a subordinate to an IAS, who would obviously be much younger than me.

I donot have problem with the above fact, because I am unable to change it.

What I can best do, is to hear my inner voice and be there.

I just want an advice from members over here, on how to approach the exam and be successful.

Please also note that the last time I had appeared in a competition was the year 2006.Hence,I am obviously a bit out of touch.

Comments

• Hi dear members,

I had been a guest for quite some time but now I finally decided to be a member.

I am 33 odd years old and anyhow not eligible for IAS.

Neither did I aspire to be an IAS before the first 30 years of my life span.

I did my graduation way back in 2006 and since 2007 have been employed in a state government undertaking .

Some incidents happened in my life in the past few months and I soon realised the purpose for which I have been sent.

I thought of ways and means to realise this purpose but none seemed to be better than an Administrative designation.

I know that I have already passed the 30 year age limit and hence can write my state Pcs only .

I know the differences between the jobs of central and state govts.

Still, I just want to go for the state exam , despite being very well aware of the fact that I would always be a subordinate to an IAS, who would obviously be much younger than me.

I donot have problem with the above fact, because I am unable to change it.

What I can best do, is to hear my inner voice and be there.

I just want an advice from members over here, on how to approach the exam and be successful.

Please also note that the last time I had appeared in a competition was the year 2006.Hence,I am obviously a bit out of touch.

Few pointers which could help you
    1) choose optional wisely, a combination that you can manage , like Philo plus social work
    2) for current read last year's pratiyogita darpans plus annual issue of ghatnachakra/ pareeksha vani

You need to prepare Al the static portion of gs as well ( polity, eco, hist, geo etc ) just pick up one book per section and go through them
    Solve last 15 years paper , questions get repeated a lot
    Get notes as you won't be able to make them yourself at this point .
  • What does that last statement mean ?
    @restless1234
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog