REVISION CLASSES FOR PRELIMS 2017 by ForumIAS

ForumIAS will be conducting revision classes for Prelims 2017. The goal is to cover maximum topics in minimum time posible. The first class is scheduled today at 5 PM. Seats fill early so register early. Click Here to know more

strategy exclusive for prelims (Help)

Hello guyz

Need exclusive advice for prelims

I am done with these books with multiple revision

History- anvient medival and modern history (ncerts)
Geo- 6tg to 12th geo (ncert) and khuller
Eco- ramesh singh 3rd edition + vaji class notes
Polity- laxmikanth 4th edition
Envirnoment- erach bharucha (ugc)
Culture- spectrum

Pls guide what could i skip revising from above option and what more could be added??

I m confused about some books like march of economy (dhingra) and g c leong and shankar book of envirnoment?? Does they needed now??

Pls give your views

Thanks in anticipation
all i need is profound meditation. all i love is my stethoscope
·

Comments

• Mock Tests do aur top maaro in that ..multiple revision ka ek drawback hain jisko law of diminishing returns kehte hain..solve as many mocks as u need to feel confident..our insecurity comes from the holes in our preparation which upsc and competition exploit.
    p.s this is what I have thought for myself.This is basically me talking to myself.
    *Your* tears! *Your* blood! Your *pathetic* lives forged into something of worth
    ·
  • @upsc_socio_2017

Goh Cheng Leong should be done for landforms, oceanography and climatology. When geography weightage was more goh che book really helped. It's a different matter that 2016 prelims didn't have any geo questions but you need to be prepared.

Shankar Env is a much better book for environment than any other source. Year after year questions have been repeated because the coverage is very wide.

Do science well now because when prelims come near, science is the usual sacrificial subject for students. Again, 2016 didn't have any questions on core science.

Art and Culture - This is a problematic area. Last year no one knew from which book questions came. Still CCRT notes are better than spectrum. Either CCRT or GKT or Nitin Singhania. Spectrum is a bit outdated.
    ·
  • @vignesh thanks! Wat about march to indian economy???
    ·
  • @vignesh thanks! Wat about march to indian economy???

From Prelims perspective March to Indian economy is a bit better than Ramesh Singh especially the Banking,Finance and Budget part
    For culture you can read new Ncerts of class vi and vii plus those of xi and xii class (new ones as they are rich with culture material) + CCRT
    Env. as already stated above can be done exclusively from Shnakar

·
  • Manipur said:

@vignesh thanks! Wat about march to indian economy???

From Prelims perspective March to Indian economy is a bit better than Ramesh Singh especially the Banking,Finance and Budget part
    For culture you can read new Ncerts of class vi and vii plus those of xi and xii class (new ones as they are rich with culture material) + CCRT
    Env. as already stated above can be done exclusively from Shnakar

Thanks buddy

One more thing to know when vision will start releasing its prelims current affairs booklet???
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google