MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

essay paper discussion

hi guys,thread for discussing the essay paper
the only hurdle between you and success is lack of genuine belief

Comments

• Where is the ques. paper ??
  • Here it is
    IMG-20161203-WA0003.jpeg
    1836 x 3264 - 390K
  • Got it... Didn't look on top of Forum front page !!

Thanks @Eiago
  • Gender + Cyberspace
    In Cyberspace, I wrote the following points -

Blessings -
    1. E Commerce - boon to consumers, in the long run, payments via debit/credit cards would promote cashless economy
    2. Education - mentioned initiatives such as SWAYAM and GIAN. It would lead to increased in literacy levels that would in the long run increase the GDP and all :p
    3. Telemedicine - helps in early diagnosis, in the long run would reduce government's medical expenditure
    4. In promotion of culture - mentioned SAHAPEDIA, better appreciation of culture would promote feelings of fraternity in the long run
    5. In framing better and more inclusive policies - asking opinion of citizens on policy issues would strengthen democracy in the long run
    Curse -
    1. Increase in cyber crime, in the long run can adversely affect schemes like Digital India, Make in India
    2. Spread of communal disharmony - mentioned recent example of Burnhan Wani encounter and the anti India feelings spread through social media
    3. Snooping - mentioned Edward Snowden
    Mentioned 1 more point which I don't remember now.

What do you guys think about this essay? Also, could only write around 7 pages.
    Wrote CS (Main) Exam, 2016
    Score – 760

Sweet is never as sweet without the sour.
  • @Thorin

Good one buddy. Could have added up digital india, aadhar issue of storing fingerprints in computers etc. But essay is such a paper where there is always you can add more.

Content completion doesn't matter. Structure matters. Not contradicting yourself matters. For example, in cooperative federalism if u start saying it is a reality and end by saying it is a myth you are doomed.

Anyways, good essay
  • vignesh said:

@Thorin

Good one buddy. Could have added up digital india, aadhar issue of storing fingerprints in computers etc. But essay is such a paper where there is always you can add more.

Content completion doesn't matter. Structure matters. Not contradicting yourself matters. For example, in cooperative federalism if u start saying it is a reality and end by saying it is a myth you are doomed.

Anyways, good essay

Thanks, @vignesh! :) Can I expect decent marks in this essay? Not really happy with my first essay.

Wrote CS (Main) Exam, 2016
    Score – 760

Sweet is never as sweet without the sour.
  • Here is what I wrote:

1) Water disputes:

Introduction
    Why water disputes
    Historical underpinnings
    Role of government - What they have done to perpetuate and what they have done to resolve?
    Role of judiciary
    Proposed solutions
    Role of people
    Conclusion

2) Cooperative Federalism

Introduction
    Can we define cooperative federalism
    Evolution of the idea
    NITI Ayog: A potential reality of cooperative federalism
    Reality of cooperative federalism in other areas
    Issues: Tendency to say Cooperative federalism as a myth
    How to achieve 100% reality
    Conclusion - Here I took a stand that it is more a reality than a myth but wrote how issues should be sorted out to achieve development etc etc
  • @Thorin

For a decent essay people generally get 60 to 65 marks. If essays are structured well, you will obviously get to 125 in total. If you have written introduction and conclusion well and if you have interconnected the paras well then that content which you posted is good enough. It's not like prelims where you can predict based on answer keys.

Now, don't brood over your 1st essay, you never know you may even get good marks there also. Hit the ground running for GS1&2 now
  • 1). Need brings greed, if greed increases it spoils the breed.

2). Cooperative Federalism : Myth or Reality.
  • One of the easiest essay papers.

Jaan Tere Naam

• edited December 2016
    Does drawing a diagram or flow chart spoils essay ?
    Water dispute+cyber space
  • edited December 2016
    vignesh said:

Here is what I wrote:

1) Water disputes:

Introduction
    Why water disputes
    Historical underpinnings
    Role of government - What they have done to perpetuate and what they have done to resolve?
    Role of judiciary
    Proposed solutions
    Role of people
    Conclusion

Introduction
    Evolution of the idea
    Conclusion - Here I took a stand that it is more a reality than a myth but wrote how issues should be sorted out to achieve development etc etc

^^
    Your selection of topic and points mentioned are excellent for a bookish type essay.
    If ur QCA goes to old-timer examiner, you should expect very good marks... 130+ IMHO :)

All the best for rest of the papers... Convert the attempt into a rank :)
  • vignesh said:

Here is what I wrote:

1) Water disputes:

Introduction
    Why water disputes
    Historical underpinnings
    Role of judiciary
    Proposed solutions
    Role of people
    Conclusion

Introduction
    Evolution of the idea

^^
    Your selection of topic and points mentioned are excellent for a bookish type essay.
    If ur QCA goes to old-timer examiner, you should expect very good marks... 130+ IMHO :)

All the best for rest of the papers... Convert the attempt into a rank :)
    Thanks a lot buddy
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog