Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

UPSC Mains 2016 Essay Paper - Download Link - Official Discussion Thread

edited December 2016 in Essay

Comments

• Essay 2016
    E4NUPY7B3VDKYBYJfCR9D1Y5.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 388K
  • Thank you humsenahopayega
  • Easy paper ... Did great
  • Thank you!

Essay 2016

• I have a question, there is a lot going in recent times regarding water disputes & jobless growth & most of the candidates are going to attempt the same. Does it reduces the chances of getting marks on the higher side ?? How to tackle this ???
  • edited December 2016

I have a question, there is a lot going in recent times regarding water disputes & jobless growth & most of the candidates are going to attempt the same. Does it reduces the chances of getting marks on the higher side ?? How to tackle this ???

No i don't think so. It depends more on one's essay writing skills like sentence formation, para linking, intro, conclusion etc. And one's perspective on things.
    So even if many people write same essay, very few are able to stand out.
    Thus selection of most comfortable topic is always the best way, i think.
  • Innovation+ cyberspace
    Med Sc.. 4th attempt
  • Aniket said:

Innovation+ cyberspace

me too...
  • Aniket said:

Innovation+ cyberspace

me too...
    Innovation and digital economy
  • Gender + Cyberspace
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
  • Innovation and cyberspace
  • edited December 2016
    andy133 said:

Innovation and cyberspace

Kesa hua andy?
  • andy133 said:

Mujhe laga federalism likhega :D
  • Water Disputes and Cyberspace
  • andy133 said:

Kesa hua andy?

andy133 said:

Mujhe laga federalism likhega :D
    Theek hua..jitna kar sakta tha utna kia..competitive federalism pe 1000 words mushkil ho jata...
    Aapka kaisa hua
  • Infact that cyberspace waala essay was almost same to the one posted by ForumIAS in their last essay full test.
  • edited December 2016
    [content removed]

• Easier than last year. Factual topics.

People will go 140+ to 150+ easily... Maybe 160 too!!
  • Gender + Cyberspace
    In Cyberspace, I wrote the following points -

Blessings -
    1. E Commerce - boon to consumers, in the long run, payments via debit/credit cards would promote cashless economy
    2. Education - mentioned initiatives such as SWAYAM and GIAN. It would lead to increased in literacy levels that would in the long run increase the GDP and all :p
    3. Telemedicine - helps in early diagnosis, in the long run would reduce government's medical expenditure
    4. In promotion of culture - mentioned SAHAPEDIA, better appreciation of culture would promote feelings of fraternity in the long run
    5. In framing better and more inclusive policies - asking opinion of citizens on policy issues would strengthen democracy in the long run
    Curse -
    1. Increase in cyber crime, in the long run can adversely affect schemes like Digital India, Make in India
    2. Spread of communal disharmony - mentioned recent example of Burnhan Wani encounter and the anti India feelings spread through social media
    3. Snooping - mentioned Edward Snowden
    Mentioned 1 more point which I don't remember now.

What do you guys think about this essay? Also, could only write around 7 pages.
    Wrote CS (Main) Exam, 2016
    Score – 760

Sweet is never as sweet without the sour.
  • Yar upsc has fucked up on engendered word...it's nt women empowerment as translation suggests...it's literal meaning is all encompassing...ab dunno wats the outcome...I wrote innovation and digital fearing this
  • Exactly! The Hindi translation of the first essay of Section A is totally different from what it means in English. The word "Engendering" has nothing to do with gender. I did not see the Hindi translation until after the paper. Don't know how it will be checked now. How can UPSC make such blunders. It's pathetic.
  • how much marks are cut for quoting a quote wrong???
    Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.
    well, in the end, it is all about Success.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIp5Tfkgwf4
    Avoid forum if u wanna clear cse.
  • innovation + cooperative federalism
    in innovation :'( ??? pls some one elaborate few points
  • Cyberspace

If someone steals your password, you can change it. But if someone steals your thumbprint, you cant get a new thumb. The failure modes are very different.

Bruce Schneier.

Valar Morghulis
  • Water Disputes and Cyberspace

me too and I have a doubt my essay was roughly around 6 pages say around 950 words does it affect my Marks

• In addition to the points already mentioned by people above I would have used following examples in Cyberspace essay

1) DNC Hack
    2) ATM breach India
    3) Tesco bank hack and Bangladesh Cyber Heist.
    4) Mirai DDoS attack using IoT
    5) Wikileaks Podesta Email Dump.
    6)Demonetisation and Cyber security
    7) Jargon like cyber literacy, cyber hygiene, cyber situational awareness, security culture
    Valar Morghulis
  • TARTAR
    edited December 2016
    Engendering+jobless growth..

Ye 1st wale ka matlab gender equality nahi hai kya..if not then i am screwed..
    AIR-128. CSE-2016.
  • 'Development, if not engendered, is endangered' is taken directly from a UN Development Report published in the 90s. The said report (http://hdr.undp.org/en/content/human-development-report-1995) does primarily talks about gender equality in development.
  • agle paper pe dhyan do
  • Here is what I wrote:

1) Water disputes:

Introduction
    Why water disputes
    Historical underpinnings
    Role of government - What they have done to perpetuate and what they have done to resolve?
    Role of judiciary
    Proposed solutions
    Role of people
    Conclusion

2) Cooperative Federalism

Introduction
    Can we define cooperative federalism
    Evolution of the idea
    NITI Ayog: A potential reality of cooperative federalism
    Reality of cooperative federalism in other areas
    Issues: Tendency to say Cooperative federalism as a myth
    How to achieve 100% reality
    Conclusion - Here I took a stand that it is more a reality than a myth but wrote how issues should be sorted out to achieve development etc etc
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog