43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

UPSC Mains 2016 Essay Paper - Download Link - Official Discussion Thread

edited December 2016 in Essay
·

Comments

• Essay 2016
    E4NUPY7B3VDKYBYJfCR9D1Y5.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 388K
    ·
  • Thank you humsenahopayega
    ·
  • Easy paper ... Did great
    ·
  • Thank you!

Essay 2016

·
  • I have a question, there is a lot going in recent times regarding water disputes & jobless growth & most of the candidates are going to attempt the same. Does it reduces the chances of getting marks on the higher side ?? How to tackle this ???
    ·
  • edited December 2016

I have a question, there is a lot going in recent times regarding water disputes & jobless growth & most of the candidates are going to attempt the same. Does it reduces the chances of getting marks on the higher side ?? How to tackle this ???

No i don't think so. It depends more on one's essay writing skills like sentence formation, para linking, intro, conclusion etc. And one's perspective on things.
    So even if many people write same essay, very few are able to stand out.
    Thus selection of most comfortable topic is always the best way, i think.
    ·
  • Innovation+ cyberspace
    Med sc.. 3rd attempt
    ·
  • Aniket said:

Innovation+ cyberspace

me too...
    ·
  • Aniket said:

Innovation+ cyberspace

me too...
    Innovation and digital economy
    ·
  • Gender + Cyberspace
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
  • Innovation and cyberspace
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    andy133 said:

Innovation and cyberspace

Kesa hua andy?
    ·
  • andy133 said:

Mujhe laga federalism likhega :D
    ·
  • Water Disputes and Cyberspace
    ·
  • andy133 said:

Kesa hua andy?

andy133 said:

Mujhe laga federalism likhega :D
    Theek hua..jitna kar sakta tha utna kia..competitive federalism pe 1000 words mushkil ho jata...
    Aapka kaisa hua
    ·
  • Infact that cyberspace waala essay was almost same to the one posted by ForumIAS in their last essay full test.
    ·
  • Easier than last year. Factual topics.

People will go 140+ to 150+ easily... Maybe 160 too!!
    ·
  • Gender + Cyberspace
    In Cyberspace, I wrote the following points -

Blessings -
    1. E Commerce - boon to consumers, in the long run, payments via debit/credit cards would promote cashless economy
    2. Education - mentioned initiatives such as SWAYAM and GIAN. It would lead to increased in literacy levels that would in the long run increase the GDP and all :p
    3. Telemedicine - helps in early diagnosis, in the long run would reduce government's medical expenditure
    4. In promotion of culture - mentioned SAHAPEDIA, better appreciation of culture would promote feelings of fraternity in the long run
    5. In framing better and more inclusive policies - asking opinion of citizens on policy issues would strengthen democracy in the long run
    Curse -
    1. Increase in cyber crime, in the long run can adversely affect schemes like Digital India, Make in India
    2. Spread of communal disharmony - mentioned recent example of Burnhan Wani encounter and the anti India feelings spread through social media
    3. Snooping - mentioned Edward Snowden
    Mentioned 1 more point which I don't remember now.

What do you guys think about this essay? Also, could only write around 7 pages.
    Wrote CSE (Main), 2016
    ·
  • Yar upsc has fucked up on engendered word...it's nt women empowerment as translation suggests...it's literal meaning is all encompassing...ab dunno wats the outcome...I wrote innovation and digital fearing this
    goodbye forumIAS
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google