Hello folks.... I am already into services...This is mainly for those taking the CSM-2016 exam starting from tomorrow. Without wasting your time i would give just a few tips from my own experience of writing past three mains.
1. Glance through the 4 essay topics asked in last year's English Compulsory Paper as one of the topics in last year's essay paper was from the previous year's English Compulsory Essay topics.
2. Take 5 minutes in choosing the topic, 15 minutes in brainstorming, and 10 minutes in writing the introduction. That makes it 30 minutes. Write the body in 45 minutes and finish the conclusion in 10 minutes. That makes it 85 minutes for first essay.
3. Repeat point 2. above for the second essay.
4. Remember that your knowledge per se doesn't matter but your expression and presentation does.
5. Start one essay with the ancient indian or world history.Bring the linkage to the present. Do 360 degree analysis and conclude on a futuristic optimistic not.
6. Start the second essay with a story or some dramatic event. Do 360 degree analysis here too, but wait...In this essay the conclusion should have some really impressive jargons. It can end with a few lines from poems of Rabindranath Tagore or any other personality...A few daring souls can end this essay with either an exclamatory mark or a question mark......This will force the examiner to think beyond what you have written..This can fetch very high dividends.
7. Coming to body of the essay, always keep in mind the following points:
a.) Pros of the topic
c.)PESTEL- Polity, Economics, Society, Technology, Environment, Legal
d.)Always write both the strengths as well as weaknesses of the topic, even if it is not asked.
e.) Try to write atleast 3-4 quotes each in both the essays in the body itself.( Let me Remind you.....The examiners love those quotes.)
f.) Underline keywords.