"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening)-5:15PM - 7:15PM & 29th June (Morning)-11AM-1PM ; FREE SEMINAR ON 25TH JUNE, 5.15PM Subject To Availability Of Seats
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal(Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar(Rank-200, 2016) (3) Athar Aamir 1st booklet and 2nd booklet(Rank-2)
ForumIAS Community Meet 2017 on 25th June at 11 AM - You are invited

Dear Friends, ForumIAS Annual Community Meet will be held on June 25th at 11AM in Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi. The Chief Guest for the event will be Suharsh Bhagat, IAS Rank 5, CSE 2014. Come join us , and meet ForumIAS members who have secured ranks this year. Click here to register

How to handle fear

It's terrible. This feeling of uncertainity. What if, I don't clear? Feels like the more I am reading the more I am forgetting. I just realised that I don't know anything. And mains is just less than a week.

Dar lag raha hai yaar.
Ahista chal ae jindagi abhi, kai karz chukana baki hai.
·

Comments

• As sister marry says ," its good that we have fear but its bad if we surrender ".
    ·
  • To conquer fear, you must become fear!
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • Understand fear :D
    You talk when u cease to be at peace with your mind
    ·
  • Aankh band kariye aur @TatkalService and @Krk Ko yaad kariye..
    ·
  • Fear is friend of ours....life without it would have been waste ...just like warrior without enemy.......enjoy fear.. :)
    ·
  • An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • Feel the fear. Get afraid. Get an experience. Experience that experience. Learn from it. And then move on and apply that learning somewhere. Again repeat the cycle.

+1
    ·
  • Feel the fear. Get afraid. Get an experience. Experience that experience. Learn from it. And then move on and apply that learning somewhere. Again repeat the cycle.

+1
    The toughest part is applying the experience. But yes. Is there another way?
    Ahista chal ae jindagi abhi, kai karz chukana baki hai.
    ·
  • I was victim of fear all my childhood and early 20s too....i tried to understant it.....and i came up with a 'fear hypothesis' which is too long to be shared here..... I just want u to say....u can't eliminate fear....today u fear failure, tomorrow losing ur loved ones ..some day fear of death and chain continues....consiousness evolve out of fear...reproduction is out of fear......primal fear is something which is deeply seated in all an will emerge in different forms...... Fear ends only the day ..living thing realize that its just soul...which can never be destroyed and salvation is achieved....nirvana is the day when this primal fear ends...so u can know ..how deeply seated is the fear.....u will hve to keep fighting fear...accept it...u cant avoid it......... And a friend said above....face the fear....if u fear ghost..spen a night alone in haunted place...fear of losing a beloved ends if u loose one...fear of failure goes when u fail ...... Don't waste time on fear.....it will go away..with experience...focus on ur goals...
    ·
  • @Haider bhai same here
    1st mains, bt cant make excuse people hv even topped in thr 1 mains
    Over all lacune was in our prep, 5 days bro gv ur best atleast optionAl
    ·
  • I don't have a fear of failure. It's a part of life. But I have a fear of cockroaches, how to overcome that?
    If UPSC says that it will give me Rank 1 but in return I'll have to hold a cockroach in my hand. I would gladly say "F**k you, UPSC" :#
    The day we decided, that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, was the day Education failed us.
    ·
  • @fieryfiesta i think even if upsc comes and gives me the last rank, in return i am ready to eat cockroach and even ready to shit cockroaches..what say?
    ·
  • Giggle said:

As sister marry says ," its good that we have fear but its bad if we surrender ".

+1

imagine every next day as if exam day

if you have cleared pre....clear mains too...otherwise there is no point in clearing pre only.

pre is just qualifying.
    ·
  • Have no fear, drink beer & Fvck fear
    ·
  • @fieryfiesta i think even if upsc comes and gives me the last rank, in return i am ready to eat cockroach and even ready to shit cockroaches..what say?

if upsc says so i can spend 1 year in Pakistan jail
    ·

vai, ek saal ISIS jail main kaato! agar zinda rahe, toh shayad IPS mil jaye...
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·

vai, ek saal ISIS jail main kaato! agar zinda rahe, toh shayad IPS mil jaye...
    done
    ·
  • To conquer fear, you must become fear!

To become fear, you need to pass the fear of other men. A man fears the most what he can't see :wink:

Batman Begins awesome scene
    New year resolution 2017: keep away from forum
    ·
  • Arkham2 said:

To conquer fear, you must become fear!

To become fear, you need to pass the fear of other men. A man fears the most what he can't see :wink:

Batman Begins awesome scene
    +1
    ·
  • Everything we dream in life is always on the other side of the fear. No choice mate. Life is grand prank on us :p
    ·
  • jaljal
    edited November 2016
    Many people say fear is good...but I strongly oppose it. Fear always kills. Antidote of fear is calmness.Calm people never fear about things which are inevitable. Fear comes when we attach to much importance to things. Only way to overcome fear is to not attach too much importance to the moment you are fearing about. Just take it as one work in life. A try, an effort. Nothing more will be of any any gain to you.
    ·
  • Darr lag ra hai to samjho sahi ja rahe ho. Jo mehnat karta hai use apni mehnat waste hone ka darr lagta hi hai. But tell darr slowly in ear that himmat hai to roko jurrat hai to bandho i will beat ur backside everytime and divide it by 2 everytime. Bcoz u know where is the identity proof of real wrestler .... See down
    asli pehalwan ki pehchan akhaade me nahi jindaggi me hove hai
    Taki jab jindaggi tumhe utha k pattak pattak k maar giraye
    To koi aisa daav khelo ki jindaggani chit hojave.
    ·
  • @maximbady @haider see up for further info
    asli pehalwan ki pehchan akhaade me nahi jindaggi me hove hai
    Taki jab jindaggi tumhe utha k pattak pattak k maar giraye
    To koi aisa daav khelo ki jindaggani chit hojave.
    ·
  • think worst when u feel fear ..liiike an ghost will meet me in night ..as that was my fear in childhood .... but either i will kill him or he will kill me .same goes for everything ... for exam .... either u will fail or get passed ...but life will not end ....bring some objectivity in thinking ...u wil. definitely come out from fear ..... aur thora bahut darr to sabka hota hai . kissi ko society kaa .kissi ko baap kaa,kisii ko kissi kaa
    ·
  • We are our memory,
    we are that chimerical museum of shifting shapes,
    that pile of broken mirrors.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google