ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

(Need honest review for 2017 CSM) Insights Secure vs IASbaba TLP vs Forumias mains marathon

As everyone knows Civil Service mains is all about answer writing practice based on current affairs questions.
I found the following three initiatives worth consideration.
All three are free of cost, online based.
But confused in choosing any one for practicing answer writing.
Insights Secure
IASbaba TLP
ForumIAS Mains Marathon
Please share your views about these three. Both positive, negative (only honest review pls).
Ex. Their feedback, synopsis compilation, utility in previous UPSC Mains etc.
Mention your experience with these, if any.

Note- All three are doing some good work. It's only to know better before choosing one. Not to promote or denigrate others.
Expire@2017.
·

Comments

• instead of confusing urself in between these three.. it ll be better for u to stick to any one of these (all are gud ).... and make sure u r daily writing the answers..... its more important to sharpen up ur skills than to cover all of the news under the sun.... only motive of answer writing and all these initiatives is to improve ur writing,analytical & structuring skills... nothing else... all d best...bdw for me it is insights ;)
    ·
  • As everyone knows Civil Service mains is all about answer writing practice based on current affairs questions.
    I found the following three initiatives worth consideration.
    All three are free of cost, online based.
    But confused in choosing any one for practicing answer writing.
    Insights Secure
    IASbaba TLP
    ForumIAS Mains Marathon
    Please share your views about these three. Both positive, negative (only honest review pls).
    Ex. Their feedback, synopsis compilation, utility in previous UPSC Mains etc.
    Mention your experience with these, if any.

Note- All three are doing some good work. It's only to know better before choosing one. Not to promote or denigrate others.

i have been seeing all of them. for my own consumption.. if u can follow insighst well and good,, but their questions are not good..

i have seen that in setting questions forumias is no.1 , but in timely answers , forumias is far behind the benchmark of insights.. two of my friends who are undergoing training in academy ( not lbsnaa ) were following the forum mains marathon, which they were exchanging and practising among themselves.. but lack of timely compilation killed the joy..
    so moral is - if you want good questions - forumias
    if u want good compilation in the end - insights
    i didnt find iasbaba relevant so much..

personal opinion

like right now also, i want to start writing anwers, but there is no sign of mains marathon for 2017..
    ·
  • @Brock_Lesnar vai @GoldBerg se haar kya gaye, wrestling chor di? :worried:
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • insights : they just pick the one statement from the article and just say discuss/comment/analyse etc. So their questions, not so good. But since many people write answers there, there are more chances that someone will review your answer. Compilations will be provided. Mostly current affairs based

IASBABA : questions are okay, they also check sometimes but not many people write on that platform. Compilations will be provided. Mix of static and dynamic

Forum IAS: Best questions, but no one writes on that platform, For 2017, don't know whether they will start or not. Compilations don't know @ForumIAS
    The day we decided, that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, was the day Education failed us.
    ·
  • Honestly I'm bit surprised different opinions. But all opinion really helpful. Thanks guys

I thought TLP answers were little more focused on what asked in the questions. Also the word limit factored, more concise ans. :o
    Earlier read Secure synapsis. More no of questions, felt like ans were little deviated.
    Not read Marathon compilation much, so can't comment.

Anyway more reviews, honest opinions are most welcomed.
    Expire@2017.
    ·
  • insights : they just pick the one statement from the article and just say discuss/comment/analyse etc. So their questions, not so good. But since many people write answers there, there are more chances that someone will review your answer. Compilations will be provided. Mostly current affairs based

IASBABA : questions are okay, they also check sometimes but not many people write on that platform. Compilations will be provided. Mix of static and dynamic

Forum IAS: Best questions, but no one writes on that platform, For 2017, don't know whether they will start or not. Compilations don't know @ForumIAS

I read their commenting in one discussion, they going to start for 2017.
    Also compilations till Oct are posted in their portal.
    Expire@2017.
    ·

I read their commenting in one discussion, they going to start for 2017.
    Also compilations till Oct are posted in their portal.
    any idea from when?
    Its Not What You Did These Days That Matter!
    It Is Final 100 Days Countdown That Matters!
    ·
  • ForumIAS answer: "Soon!"
    http://forumias.com/portal/video-answer-writing-tips-for-mains-how-to-begin/#comment-3020836860
    May be after Mains over. But hope that they start earlier.

BTW Marathon looks more promising B)
    Drawbacks: Less aspirants post ans, Compilations comes late.
    Checked compilations after watching Neyawn sir's eye-opening video on Mains ans writing!
    Waiting....
    Expire@2017.
    ·
  • Regarding test series of IAS BABA You can Check it here below
    http://frantenia.blogspot.in/2016/11/test-series.html
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google