ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

Review about Praveen Kishore Sir's (NICE IAS) Online classes - URGENT!

I feel pretty clueless about the subject :( It will be great if one of you could throw some light on Praveen Kishore Sir's class...
I'don't live in Delhi so Upendra Sir's classes and Mohapatra sir doesn't look like a possibility.

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Personal experience of three teachers (MP+VR+PK) ....no idea of Upendra
    But PK is the best according to me
    So you can go ahead
    Or you can study it by urself and layer join his test cum discussion classes...They are great
    Decision is yours
    Hope it helps
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
  • MD47 said:

So you can go ahead
    Or you can study it by urself and layer join his test cum discussion classes...They are great
    Decision is yours
    Hope it helps

Thanks for the review!
    Will certainly consider his classes in that case.
  • jfzk said:

MD47 said:

So you can go ahead
    Decision is yours
    Hope it helps

Thanks for the review!
    personal exp with MP and PK both...though MP can teach first timers about Sociology,will be hard to crack his teaching in upsc exam for good marks....PK a Disaster for me at least...will do marketing in classroom for his socio regular classes...even in test discussion, will give reference of some high sounding books,which can kill ur Sociology love in very first encounter...better would be to do self study and join any two test series to get into UPSC frame..
  • jfzk said:

I feel pretty clueless about the subject :( It will be great if one of you could throw some light on Praveen Kishore Sir's class...
    I'don't live in Delhi so Upendra Sir's classes and Mohapatra sir doesn't look like a possibility.

any particular reason why u are going for online class rather than actual class?
  • jfzk said:

any particular reason why u are going for online class rather than actual class?
    Don't stay in Delhi. and don't want to move to Delhi.

Did you attend his classes?
  • raj87 said:

jfzk said:

MD47 said:

So you can go ahead
    Decision is yours
    Hope it helps

Thanks for the review!
    personal exp with MP and PK both...though MP can teach first timers about Sociology,will be hard to crack his teaching in upsc exam for good marks....PK a Disaster for me at least...will do marketing in classroom for his socio regular classes...even in test discussion, will give reference of some high sounding books,which can kill ur Sociology love in very first encounter...better would be to do self study and join any two test series to get into UPSC frame..
    Yes I did go through his Demo Class (PK's) online and wasn't very impressed myself. Looks like self prep by sticking to the prescribed books and IGNOU is the best bet.

Oh damn, I hope he doesn't give very high funda books, I can totally imagine it being a let down for myself as well. Not a big fan of big complex books and concepts.

How are you going about it currently?
  • jfzk said:

raj87 said:

jfzk said:

MD47 said:

So you can go ahead
    Decision is yours
    Hope it helps

Thanks for the review!
    Yes I did go through his Demo Class (PK's) online and wasn't very impressed myself. Looks like self prep by sticking to the prescribed books and IGNOU is the best bet.

Oh damn, I hope he doesn't give very high funda books, I can totally imagine it being a let down for myself as well. Not a big fan of big complex books and concepts.
    Leave Socio after first attempt...Now giving mains with Geo...but i can tell you if you are a first timer and new to humanities join regular classes of MAHAPATRA (vaji)and join PK for test series as he personally check test copies with good remarks and decent discussion class on test (avoid his maktg and book reference)
    ..but before all these adventures read MA/BA ignou notes to have a basic idea about subject then join any class...n start loving some big books like haralambos and holborn if u wanted to survive in upsc battle with socio..thanks
  • edited November 2016
    raj87 said:

jfzk said:

raj87 said:

jfzk said:

MD47 said:

So you can go ahead
    Decision is yours
    Hope it helps

Thanks for the review!

• raj87 said:

raj87 said:

jfzk said:

raj87 said:

jfzk said:

MD47 said:

So you can go ahead
    Decision is yours
    Hope it helps

Thanks for the review!

Hey I have gone through Harlambos and IGNOU for paper 1 (without coaching) .. and pretty much didn't do paper 2 :(

I'm okay (read - slightly comfortable) with sociology but was wondering if i should take coaching.
    also, I'm based out of Delhi , so online classes are preferable.
  • but ofcourse, i can shift if need be.
  • raj87 said:

raj87 said:

jfzk said:

raj87 said:

jfzk said:

MD47 said:

So you can go ahead
    Decision is yours
    Hope it helps

Thanks for the review!

From sociology to Geography - woah that is brave!!

• jfzk said:

raj87 said:

raj87 said:

jfzk said:

raj87 said:

jfzk said:

MD47 said:

So you can go ahead
    Decision is yours
    Hope it helps

Thanks for the review!

From sociology to Geography - woah that is brave!!

TOO much bravery...ashman se gire khajur pr latke type situation...but any how i had manage to give state psc with geo and that boost my confidence..but still up psc and upsc are two difffrent ball game altogether...ready to face reality in 10 days... o:)

• jfzk said:

but ofcourse, i can shift if need be.

its totally depend on u whether u wanted to shift or not..u can do it by yourself people are doing it.condition is trying to join VERY GOOD TEST SERIES..delhi makes thing easier for study materials...in socio for second paper thing are too much dynamic and scattered.for that purpose u need some kind of teaching guidance....Baki have faith in ur wisdom
  • After much considering I have decided I'm going to stick to my palette for now, specially with the possibility of having just one optional paper next year. (not too sure, so don't trust me on this) I watched the Unacademy video, by Roman Saini and decided to calm down and just go with the flow.
  • Consideration *
  • Btw can you name a very good test series?
  • Out with history optional
  • praveen kishore sir is starting a "Thinkers Only" batch from 8 aug 2017.... for sociology
    it consists of around 35 classes.....
    I wanted to know...how does he teach? Is it worth joining him? The guy said there will be only 15 to 12 students in it..
    Not sure if he will take this batch seriously, or he will casually pass it by...and earn his money..
    Any suggestions?
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog