ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

ACL SURGERY

Advice needed guys. Pls Help.
Will ACL Surgery disqualify me for technical services in UPSC??

Comments

• Donot go for technical service after ACL surgery.personal advice,ur knees would not be as strong as u think even after successful rehabilitation. police training and esp commando training which compulsory for every ips officer would put strain on ur knees.
    However,medically there would not be any issue if there is no instability and u have completed rehabilitation.
  • ^okay and what do you think about meniscectomy?
  • TinTin said:

^okay and what do you think about meniscectomy?

Less invasive than ACL there should be no issue.unfortunately i underwent partial meniscectomy and complete ACL reconstruction surgery. still not 100 percent fit
  • Will surgery for urethral stricture have issues?
  • Had complete ACL, MCL, PLC reconstruction and double Meniscectomy about 2 years back. I am not as fit as before, I don't play football ( which caused this absurdly bad injury ), in fact I don't play any games which involves side movement and twisting, feels risky. But I am really fit, i run half marathons and also do long distance cycling ( you have to exercise to strengthen your muscles after surgery ) . I am sure I am in better shape than most normal people.

The training for ground services might be a bit physically straining, but I feel it is only to gauge your fitness, there's no 'commando' level training involved. Don't worry too much, if you have recovered well, just keep active and indulge in some sort of sport or fitness routine, you'll do fine.
  • I heard that in ips training one should run 16-21 km crosd country run. Don't know about frequency. If one have had any knee surgery (acl, mcl...) it would be near impossible to run at that level for that person despite completely rehabilitated. Than???
  • I have AS ... Will that be a problem in selection??
  • ACL surgery won't disqualify you for anything . your knee just has to be stable . lot of football players are back on the field within six months
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog