ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Demonitisation of currency in the face of only 6 % cash in form of black money

I read somewhere that black money in form of cash constitutes only 6% of the total black money.
In light of this, is there an merit in demonitising the higher denomination of currency notes?
·

Comments

• Only because u read somewhere 6% black money is in cash so we should discuss it ?
    Now someone will come with a statement that only 1% black money is in cash now let's discuss the impact.
    The demonetization drive is till 31st december wait till then to get a credible figure.
    ·
  • Most of black money is stored in gold, real estate, expensive items with resale value, etc. Cash is much more than just 6%. I don't buy it. 100% my black money (stolen from father's wallet) is kept in booze for daily consumption.
    Dead and departed player. RIP.
    ·
  • Just ask youself. Is govt dumb enough to not ask that before deciding to demonetize? They well knew its a controversial move so they must have been very sure about tge positive outweighing negatives. For once our politicians dont do subsidies to please the votebanks and everybody is complaining. Even if in hindsight this is bad which it wont be its a great step towards doing the things which seem right and not just pleasing votebanks and playing divisive politics.
    ·
  • 20 pc printed currency was fake, coming from neighbour contry, so fake that RBI was unable to get wats fake what's real except checking the number on the note,
    ·
  • Black money is election issue but main motive is to stop fake printed currency
    ·
  • Kuch politicians ko to itni mirchi lagi ke unki takleef bhi humko kasht de rahi hai ab. Garib majdoor 100 me gujara kar lega. Moti gaddi wale hi zyada phasenge.
    ·
  • Most of black money is stored in gold, real estate, expensive items with resale value, etc. Cash is much more than just 6%. I don't buy it. 100% my black money (stolen from father's wallet) is kept in booze for daily consumption.

Tum dand k adhikari ho.....apne pitaah k purse pe daaka daalney k jurm mein :| :D :p
    ·

Sala Tabhi daaru ke bhav bad rahe hain! skewflation Aa gya hai!
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • I'm feeling disenchanted by the situation around. A gruesome train accident, cash crunch, long waiting lines, unhelpful bank employees, petty corruption in note-changing exercise and CSE mains after 10 days.
    Very depressing days :( :(
    CSM 2015 | CSE Interview 2016*
    ·
  • Only Sonam Gupta jokes provide some relief :D
    CSM 2015 | CSE Interview 2016*
    ·
  • jaljal
    edited November 2016

I'm feeling disenchanted by the situation around. A gruesome train accident, cash crunch, long waiting lines, unhelpful bank employees, petty corruption in note-changing exercise and CSE mains after 10 days.
    Very depressing days :( :(

Think about your dad's Senior :D see how corrupt have lost their sleep.
    ·

Sala Tabhi daaru ke bhav bad rahe hain! skewflation Aa gya hai!
    Ha ha ha ha. Mai peena chod du to recession a jayega. I'm helping the economy. :p

Most of black money is stored in gold, real estate, expensive items with resale value, etc. Cash is much more than just 6%. I don't buy it. 100% my black money (stolen from father's wallet) is kept in booze for daily consumption.

Tum dand k adhikari ho.....apne pitaah k purse pe daaka daalney k jurm mein :| :D :p
    Dand nahi, thand-i glass of teacher's he denge woh. Akhir unhi ke paiso pe aiyaashi kar raha hoon. :D
    ·
  • Some credible sources are claiming that on feb 1, 2017 budget modi govt would scrap income tax and instead introduce banking transaction tax. Whatever be the economic consequences of it but bjp would reap rich electoral dividends in forthcoming up elections.
    ·
  • I read somewhere that black money in form of cash constitutes only 6% of the total black money.
    In light of this, is there an merit in demonetizing the higher denomination of currency notes?

UP election is the merit behind the move...the well educated knows it...the rest..i don't want to comment....many research orgs claims this move as futile...so is Raghuram ji B) high time god #save India, save the poor
    Cmon...i aint gonna bite you
    ·
  • ravk said:

Some credible sources are claiming that on feb 1, 2017 budget modi govt would scrap income tax and instead introduce banking transaction tax. Whatever be the economic consequences of it but bjp would reap rich electoral dividends in forthcoming up elections.

If that happens, BJP will bulldoze 2019 LS elections and all other state elections as well !!
    ·
  • please I am praying mayawati should win o:) o:)
    ·

• I will vote for anyone who gives me cheaper or free booze of standard quality.
    ·

• I will vote for anyone who gives me cheaper or free booze of standard quality.

@.................................................................................................................................DepartedMisanthrope
    ave fantom naa bano .... jo tumhaara DP hai .....bhut mehnge bhi nhi haI .... .aur ye booze karke bhut bade fantom nhi ban jaaoge ...... kuch nhi hai ye .....
    ·

wish a brand...blue label for my vote :D
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google