Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

How important is Socialization for an aspirant

Recently i have been planning to leave Delhi and move to other cities.
http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/21525/city-for-cse-prep-bhopal-v-s-bhubaneswar/p1

one major obstacle that was pointed was the need for socialization among aspirants.
although Delhi and its culture was new for me i did not face troubles regarding socialization as i made few friends while attending coaching, it served the purpose. but now as delhi has become unaffordable for me and i have to look for other alternatives this is a problem i am encountering, i have finished coaching and will not be joining any coaching in any of the cities that i decide to stay. also i am not interested in ssc and other jobs so that cuts off the requirement for coaching even more. hence i won't be able to find a peer group.

i just wanted to inquire as to what extent the socialization plays a role in development of the aspirant and by any means should a person try to move to a place where he has no base(no friends/relatives), what kind of problems he may encounter in such a scenario...!! what are various alternatives..!!

Comments

• Stay in touch with aspirants you've befriended. Visit the online world at regular intervals, to be in the loop. That should suffice. You needn't go around searching for a peer group. It will happen eventually. Since you're already done with coaching, you are not completely directionless and can manage with self study.

Speaking sociologically, you have already undergone socialization (to the civils world) !
    You raise me up to more than I can be...
  • race said:

Stay in touch with aspirants you've befriended. Visit the online world at regular intervals, to be in the loop. That should suffice. You needn't go around searching for a peer group. It will happen eventually. Since you're already done with coaching, you are not completely directionless and can manage with self study.

Speaking sociologically, you have already undergone socialization (to the civils world) !

:) thanks for the input. this would be my 4th attempt.

i am counting on self study and vision mains test series this time. i was worried as someone mentioned he spends a lot more time on phone than he used to after moving to another/new city. was wondering how our need to seek comfort from family and friends in terms of constant interaction might be valid here.
  • race said:

Stay in touch with aspirants you've befriended. Visit the online world at regular intervals, to be in the loop. That should suffice. You needn't go around searching for a peer group. It will happen eventually. Since you're already done with coaching, you are not completely directionless and can manage with self study.

i am counting on self study and vision mains test series this time. i was worried as someone mentioned he spends a lot more time on phone than he used to after moving to another/new city. was wondering how our need to seek comfort from family and friends in terms of constant interaction might be valid here.
    I agree with you. One needs a support system. But that usually doesn't come from a peer group but rather from friends and family. I assumed you will be in touch with them. :) Call them up regularly.
    You raise me up to more than I can be...
  • race said:

race said:

I agree with you. One needs a support system. But that usually doesn't come from a peer group but rather from friends and family. I assumed you will be in touch with them. :) Call them up regularly.
    sure man. thanks for sharing your opinion :)
  • Recently i have been planning to leave Delhi and move to other cities.
    http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/21525/city-for-cse-prep-bhopal-v-s-bhubaneswar/p1

one major obstacle that was pointed was the need for socialization among aspirants.
    although Delhi and its culture was new for me i did not face troubles regarding socialization as i made few friends while attending coaching, it served the purpose. but now as delhi has become unaffordable for me and i have to look for other alternatives this is a problem i am encountering, i have finished coaching and will not be joining any coaching in any of the cities that i decide to stay. also i am not interested in ssc and other jobs so that cuts off the requirement for coaching even more. hence i won't be able to find a peer group.

i just wanted to inquire as to what extent the socialization plays a role in development of the aspirant and by any means should a person try to move to a place where he has no base(no friends/relatives), what kind of problems he may encounter in such a scenario...!! what are various alternatives..!!

ROFL ....r u stupid ???..... after staying 3 years in delhi u r asking ....this question to others .... when u r not sure ..dont leave delhi ..no one can help you ......

PS --- btw answer is yes .... u can shift to anywhere .... but family and friends play role here .very much .... agar tumhe nahi pata to .... u can not do study without them..... bhai aadmi ho .... to jaroorat to padegi hi .... paagal ho jaoge agar in sabse contact off bhi kara to ........ if u r not an exception ... :D :D :D
  • Just make sure tht u converse with right kind of people. Surprisingly, people are, more often then not, full of negative examples!!

And since the time of Lord Buddha to the times of Lord Sai, 'siddhi', 'gyaan' and 'turiya awasthaa' have always been found in utter seclusion. Utter seclusion only.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog