KEYNOTE IAS:ETHICS, INTEGRITY AND APTITUDE
with A. SHEIKH
“we do not feed you with solutions to ethical problems rather we train you how to find the solutions”.
Course duration: 21st Jan-31st March Class timing: 2.30 pm-7 pm (weekends)
For Further enquiry visit us at www.keynoteias.com or call 8826506054
The Only Test Series you will ever need to crack Prelims 2017
Join ForumIAS Prelims 2017 Test Series – 31 Tests to cover the full syllabus – with 10 Sectional Tests6 Subjectwise Tests and 8 Simulator Tests ™ to cover the full syllabus. This will be supplemented by 2 Full Length Current Affairs Tests and 1 Test on Economic Survey and India Year Book. On your request, we have also included discussion classes/videos for each Test.

Statistics optional for non statistical background aspirant

Hello All,

I am planning to take statistics optional for mains.
I am from BE background and have good knowledge on mathematics.
I need Statistics in current working role as Data Engineer /Data Science.

Please guide me if its feasible to take it as optional.
·

Comments

• Now Reading: Dragon Strike
    Next: The Third World War
    Then: To Kill A Mockingbird
    ·
  • @katty007 Having interest in stats is one thing and memorizing proofs of theorems and reading many boring (but important topics) is another. It took me more than 1 year to gather all the materials, and devise a strategy. Also, there is no guidance and no test series, etc.

I would recommend you to take 1 week to go through previous 30 years papers of stats, tally them with the syllabus and our present understanding. If you have fairly advanced understanding of stats including multivariate analysis, design of analysis, non parametric hypothesis testing and queuing models then only take stats as optional if you are targeting cse 2017.

So research for some time. Watch some video lectures on NPTEL and contact me after mains (9th dec), I'll tell you more in detail.
    Attempt # 2 | Statistics optional | RBI Grade B Officer
    ·
  • thanks bhai ...

I was curious about this subject as it will help me in Data Science also as i am working professional.
    what the success ratio for this subject. I guess hardly anyone takes this as optional.
    ·
  • Hi, I am also from BE, having good knowledge about Maths and opting for Stats.
    I am kind of prepared for Stats - paper 1, but not finding good resources for paper 2. @naveenkr12 Can you share any useful info on this. @naveenkr12 , please reply only after your mains and all the best.
    ·
  • Hi Folks,

How was the paper. Can someone please help me with good resources for Stats paper 2. Also it would be really helpful if someone can post paper of this year.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google