ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

city for CSE prep - Bhopal V/s Bhubaneswar

i am looking for an affordable city to stay and start preparing for CSE exam right away. i work as a independent trader(share market) and have the liberty to work from any city. i make around 25-30k pm(+-5k).
currently i was in delhi but due to some huge losses made in recent times this city is no longer affordable for me. i have looked for various options and have zeroed onto the cities
1. bhopal and 2 bhubaneswar.

while both of these cities are more affordable as compared to delhi. i have no real experience of them, i have never been to any of these cities. i want to learn from the members of the forum who are/have been residents of these cities to share their general experience about these cities, as to which one would be suitable.

i have finished my coaching and no longer need the coaching, only requirement would be availability of average medical facilities and a affordable house rent condition. with decent internet availability in the area.

No Smoking
Occasional Drinking

@deb007 @GaddarPak @ppun @ganganarayan sirs kindly provide some info about odisha and Cse culture there.

@Jaime_Lannister @amargupta @rahulkej can you throw some light on cse culture in bhopal please.

thank you all in advance.
·

Comments

• If there is any other affordable city (not in southern india-would be difficult to adjust food habits)
    ·
  • Hyderabad is great for civils prep after Delhi. pretty affordable accommodation can be found,Here there is some civils culture too. Don't worry about food, you can have best of both worlds here. I am guessing this would be a better option compared to Bhopal or Bhubaneshwar. You should be looking to stay at ashoknagar/gandhingar/ domalguda areas
    ·
  • andysai said:

Hyderabad is great for civils prep after Delhi. pretty affordable accommodation can be found,Here there is some civils culture too. Don't worry about food, you can have best of both worlds here. I am guessing this would be a better option compared to Bhopal or Bhubaneshwar. You should be looking to stay at ashoknagar/gandhingar/ domalguda areas

hyderabad is pretty expensive as far as i know. infra wise it would be a much better choice than bhopal or bhubaneswar but, can a decent standard of living be expected with in hand monthly income of 25k..?
    ·
  • Bhopal is quite affordable in 25k..or more i would say more than enough. Environment for civils is gaining mommentum day by day. KSG has a branch here.
    But only one good library and that too in one corner of city. If u could study at room then good.
    Not much traffic,bhopal is very peaceful
    Never Out of Fight
    ·
  • Bhopal is quite affordable in 25k..or more i would say more than enough. Environment for civils is gaining mommentum day by day. KSG has a branch here.
    But only one good library and that too in one corner of city. If u could study at room then good.
    Not much traffic,bhopal is very peaceful

i have finished my coaching sir and won't be requiring any further coaching for cse. only requirement is a decent peaceful room where one can study in a peaceful environment in a locality where decent internet connection is available(to carry out my business). interaction with aspirants would be an added benefit, but nothing one an't live without. for that matter forumias is also a good alternative.
    ·
  • i am looking for an affordable city to stay and start preparing for CSE exam right away. i work as a independent trader(share market) and have the liberty to work from any city. i make around 25-30k pm(+-5k).
    currently i was in delhi but due to some huge losses made in recent times this city is no longer affordable for me. i have looked for various options and have zeroed onto the cities
    1. bhopal and 2 bhubaneswar.

while both of these cities are more affordable as compared to delhi. i have no real experience of them, i have never been to any of these cities. i want to learn from the members of the forum who are/have been residents of these cities to share their general experience about these cities, as to which one would be suitable.

i have finished my coaching and no longer need the coaching, only requirement would be availability of average medical facilities and a affordable house rent condition. with decent internet availability in the area.

No Smoking
    Occasional Drinking

@deb007 @GaddarPak @ppun @ganganarayan sirs kindly provide some info about odisha and Cse culture there.

@Jaime_Lannister @amargupta @rahulkej can you throw some light on cse culture in bhopal please.

thank you all in advance.

Dnt know nothing of Bhopal..but Bhubaneswar, my city is a luxury for a healthy life style and preparation..u if stay at brmunda, sahid nagar, satya nagar, rasulgarh, kalpana, master canteen and other areas near by..thn u wl get a handy package of resouces for ur future preparation...
    Accomodation is not so costly but i guarantee u there is no rush & lesser pollution..a vry frndly atmosphere u wl find here vry cooperativ people..coaching classes are newly established but stake holders r vry energetic and passionate...
    Food is simply healthy & brilliant..capital, kalinga, apollo, sum, aiims hospitals r close to d residential areas..
    Apart from that Bhubnswr is d 1st smart city in india..
    ·
  • edited November 2016
    @snowdenfan Now coming to cse culture..everywhere aspirants make their own culture & create/find their own atmosphere..only thing matters who u are and what r u gonna do..compared to delhi less people prepare here for upsc cse, but their potential is same as that of delhites..u just have to find thm and join thm..thats how bhubnswr breathes... :)
    ·
  • @snowdenfan Now coming to cse culture..everywhere aspirants make their own culture & create/find their own atmosphere..only thing matters who u are and what r u gonna do..compared to delhi less people prepare here for upsc cse, but their potential is same as that of delhites..u just have to find thm and join thm..thats how bhubnswr breathes... :)

thank you for the kind input. peaceful environment is a must. lately i have started developing dislike for delhi. come from a small town(ranchi) and have never preferred this metro culture(too much rush and exploitation). i was looking for a normal tier2 city.

how much a simple 1bhk flat would cost..!!

i must say you have a very good approach towards cse sir :)
    ·
  • edited November 2016
    @snowdenfan bro our odisha thread address-
    http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/11901/opsc-civil-service-2015/p523
    Bdw u r from dhoni state..marvellous.. :)
    ·
  • @snowdenfan bro our odisha thread address-

yes sir i am from cap cool's city itself. :#
    ·
  • edited November 2016
    i wl add to what bhai @ganganarayan said... accomodation is definitely 2k less than that of Delhi..1BHK wl cost 5000-6000₹ in the city. PGs are also available. Food is gud n plentily avaible. Breakfast u wl find everywhere on road, unlike Delhi/Noida...n bilive me u wl njoy the morning roadside foods here...I hv been in Noida for 2.8 yrs... Pollution is less...traffic is very very less as compared to Delhi...Climate is OK, but in summer u wl need an AC, its very hot out here.transport cost n availability is fine. Ola/Uber r runing fine... bt no metros here :D ..bbsr flight costs r relatively more than other cities...I was working in Delhi..now in Bbsr..if my cost of living jn Delhi was X ...now it has reduced to 0.3X :D

pl ask if ne more info reqd. Gdluck
    ·
  • @snowdenfan bro our odisha thread address-

han bhala karicha...pila ta ku dakila aau chaa bara piaji dela na nahi taku??? :D
    ·
  • edited November 2016
    @ppun I hav never been to delhi..but once visited kolkata for intellgnc bureau intrvw in white shrt and black pank with a black tie..charo aur sirf ladki hi ladki..ladko ke naamo nishan vi nhi tha..evn those grls were far smarter than me..mein waha station par hi baith ke ro pada... :'( :'( mujhe metro ka definition tab pata chala..
    ·
  • @ppun I hav never been to delhi..but once visited kolkata for intellgnc bureau intrvw in white shrt and black pank with a black tie..charo aur sirf ladki hi ladki..ladko ke naamo nishan vi nhi tha..evn those grls were far smarter than me..mein waha station par hi baith ke ro pada... :'( :'( mujhe metro ka definition tab pata chala..

hahahhahhaahha
    ·
  • metros r very helpful in Delhi
    ·
  • edited November 2016
    Piche se ek awaz ayi..age badhiye na !!..
    Me andar hi andar bol rha tha..saali apna jajpur aa..waha dekh lunga.. :D :D
    ·
  • ppun said:

metros r very helpful in Delhi

Kahe ka helful vai..roji roti ka mara sab tambu daal ke baithe he waha.. :D
    ·
  • andysai said:

Hyderabad is great for civils prep after Delhi. pretty affordable accommodation can be found,Here there is some civils culture too. Don't worry about food, you can have best of both worlds here. I am guessing this would be a better option compared to Bhopal or Bhubaneshwar. You should be looking to stay at ashoknagar/gandhingar/ domalguda areas

hyderabad is pretty expensive as far as i know. infra wise it would be a much better choice than bhopal or bhubaneswar but, can a decent standard of living be expected with in hand monthly income of 25k..?
    1 BHK in the hub costs at max 10 k, most 1 BHK cost around 7-8000. you can even choose from many hostels too, but they have both pros and cons.
    a twin sharing room costs around 8000(food included)
    pros: you need not worry about food, they provide you food thrice plus evening chai. the only botheration is "studying". you have access to all big Delhi names like vision tests, all material
    cons: living conditions are a little poor.
    there is a park and a stadium for physical activities near the hub too. tank bund is a good place for strolls in morning.
    ·
  • ppun said:

metros r very helpful in Delhi

Kahe ka helful vai..roji roti ka mara sab tambu daal ke baithe he waha.. :D
    are bhai tum Delhi k ek kone se dusre kone jaa sakte ho maximum 1 ghante me...jo ki bus/auto/taxi me gaye to 2-3 ghante tak v lag sakte h peak hrs me......aur cheap v hai bhai
    ·
  • @snowdenfan

hey snowden ka pankha bro, bhopal gotted to be a good optionalwa for u. gott a room near to MP nagar or saket nagar. u bill also get daaru shop their bro.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google