ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

TNPSC group 1 aspirants pool in with strategy, study materials, Q&A

TNPSC may soon be out with its notification for Group I services. All aspirants gather here to post strategy, study material and let this also be a platform to discuss questions. Senior members please guide us.
·

Comments

• Notification to be out on Nov 9th.
    No one taking this exam are here in ForumIAS?
    ·
  • I might give this year but not seriously...
    TAX ASSISTANT IN CUSTOMS (CGLE 2014)
    ·
  • Caartey said:

I might give this year but not seriously...

Oh! Have you taken this exam earlier? If yes, could you please suggest study material required.
    ·
  • Anybody here appeared for last group 1 mains
    ·
  • Indu22 said:

Notification to be out on Nov 9th.

Endha kalathula tnpsc exacta notifications potrukan. Nalaiku pappom therinjudum. Two months ku munnalaya potrukanum.
    ·
  • Indu22 said:

Endha kalathula tnpsc exacta notifications potrukan. Nalaiku pappom therinjudum. Two months ku munnalaya potrukanum.
    I'm a total newbie for this. TNPSC chairman announced that it will be out on 9th at a talk that he gave after the grp IV exam. Ama, nanum avanga calender of events pathen... who knows?..lets wait and see.
    ·
  • Indu22 said:

Indu22 said:

I'm a total newbie for this. TNPSC chairman announced that it will be out on 9th at a talk that he gave after the grp IV exam. Ama, nanum avanga calender of events pathen... who knows?..lets wait and see.
    today instructions post pandrenu sonnanga. Upload pannitanga. So 9 th we can most probably trust them

·
  • Has anyone given last year TNPSC Mains? Can results be expected now?
    Prelims : 2/2. Mains : 0/2. 24 years. "Thats how you devour a whale ; One bite at a time"
    ·
  • @sujith11me100 @Kek
    Could you guys suggest your strategies for the exam
    ·
  • @Kek You writing UPSC mains next month, ar'nt you?
    ·
  • group1 2015 notification out on 10-07-2015; prelims 08-11-2015; prelims result 20-04-2016: Mains 29,30,31-07-2016; Mains result - yet to come... no info when it'll be out

group2 2015 notification out on 30-04-2015; prelims 26-07-2015; prelims result 20-05-2016; Mains 21-08-2016: Mains result - yet to come... no info when it'll be out

If you are preparing seriously for CSE, then don't take these group1 and group2 exams that serious. Prepare for CSE and give Group1&2, if time and mind allow.

If you are preparing only for Group1 & 2 then plan accordingly.
    ·
  • group1 2015 notification out on 10-07-2015; prelims 08-11-2015; prelims result 20-04-2016: Mains 29,30,31-07-2016; Mains result - yet to come... no info when it'll be out

group2 2015 notification out on 30-04-2015; prelims 26-07-2015; prelims result 20-05-2016; Mains 21-08-2016: Mains result - yet to come... no info when it'll be out

If you are preparing seriously for CSE, then don't take these group1 and group2 exams that serious. Prepare for CSE and give Group1&2, if time and mind allow.

If you are preparing only for Group1 & 2 then plan accordingly.

@Dean@Dinesh I understand this is extremely time consuming. I am preparing for this in addition to CSE, so I wanted to know what extra areas would I have to cover inorder to be competant enough.
    Also, I just found 2 previous years question paper (prelims) online. Any idea where I can find past 5 years papers for prelims and mains? Thank You.
    ·
  • Focus on aptitude,reasoning such that u must score above 45/50 .follow gktoday current affairs (last 6 months) . Others upsc prilims syllabus. This strategy proved good in my case last year. History and polity focus on previous question and prepare accordingly. Ex in history
    One question arise from inc session,leaders ..etc and polity focus on important articles while reading laxmikanth and keep note on constitutional bodies and their heads since independence. Questions like who 13 th President appeared.
    ·
  • Indu22 said:

@Kek You writing UPSC mains next month, ar'nt you?

Yes.. !
    Prelims : 2/2. Mains : 0/2. 24 years. "Thats how you devour a whale ; One bite at a time"
    ·
  • Kek said:

Indu22 said:

@Kek You writing UPSC mains next month, ar'nt you?

Yes.. !
    Wow! Wont bother you much until you are done with your exams then ;)
    Do pop in once in a while with your dose of gyan. :) o:)
    ·
  • edited November 2016

Focus on aptitude,reasoning such that u must score above 45/50 .follow gktoday current affairs (last 6 months) . Others upsc prilims syllabus. This strategy proved good in my case last year. History and polity focus on previous question and prepare accordingly. Ex in history
    One question arise from inc session,leaders ..etc and polity focus on important articles while reading laxmikanth and keep note on constitutional bodies and their heads since independence. Questions like who 13 th President appeared.

@sujith11me100 :) :) Thank you so much. Any specific magazine or book to cover TN related affairs?
    Are the aptitude ques of upsc standard or tougher? (as in too much of formula based?)
    ·
  • @sujith11me100 Are previous years qpapers available in any website?
    ·
  • Indu22 said:

Focus on aptitude,reasoning such that u must score above 45/50 .follow gktoday current affairs (last 6 months) . Others upsc prilims syllabus. This strategy proved good in my case last year. History and polity focus on previous question and prepare accordingly. Ex in history

@sujith11me100 :) :) Thank you so much. Any specific magazine or book to cover TN related affairs?
    Are the aptitude ques of upsc standard or tougher? (as in too much of formula based?)
    Indu22 said:

For tamil nadu current affairs keep look at hindu tamil nadu edition.aptitude will be very easy and simple about 50 question comes from this.
    ·
  • Indu22 said:

Indu22 said:

For tamil nadu current affairs keep look at hindu tamil nadu edition.aptitude will be very easy and simple about 50 question comes from this.
    @sujith11me100 Thank you :) :) if you are preparing for CSE, can we regularly post a few questions and discuss them(prelims)?
    ·
  • Indu22 said:

Indu22 said:

Indu22 said:

sure

@sujith11me100 Thank you :) :) if you are preparing for CSE, can we regularly post a few questions and discuss them(prelims)?
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google