Strahler vs Savindra Singh vs Spectrum for Geo optional?

Hi,
Preparing for 2017 without any coaching and in dilemma which book to prefer for Physical Geography.

Would you guys plz advise me which one is better for geography optional.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• I think savindar singh is best for physical geography but you will not find all The topics in savindar singh. So i will suggest you go with savindar singh + spectrum(for rest of topics ).
  • edited October 2016
    For physical geog
    1.Savindra singh
    2.Rupa made simple (for selected chapters)
    3.Internet for some topics like applied geohydrology, environmental issues,climate change, legislations etc.
    4.spectrum for few missing topics that you wont find anywhere else in human geog.
    5.NCERT and leong for diagrams.
    A casual reading of stralher can help in keeping you interested in geog.
    Those who Agree...say Aye
  • For physical geog
    1.Savindra singh
    2.Rupa made simple (for selected chapters)
    3.Internet for some topics like applied geohydrology, environmental issues,climate change, legislations etc.
    4.spectrum for few missing topics that you wont find anywhere else in human geog.
    5.NCERT and leong for diagrams.
    A casual reading of stralher can help in keeping you interested in geog.

I haven't seen Spectrum Geo and struggling in Human Geography part. Would you advise me to go through it along with 3 Books of Majid Hussain?
  • If u r doing with out coaching first complete thoughts.. because that is the accence of geo.. u need that geographical perspective while reading anythng....
    composite things decay strive diligently ..
  • doreamon said:

If u r doing with out coaching first complete thoughts.. because that is the accence of geo.. u need that geographical perspective while reading anythng....

Thanks Doreamon. Yup, I'm doing w/o coaching alone at a distant place.
    I bought 'Evolution of Geographical Thoughts' by Majid Hussain and one more book by RD Dixit on the same topic.

However, both are quite boring :neutral: .
    Postponed Human Geo part after Notification.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog