Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

Query regarding IMS notes - How comprehensive they are ??

I am covering IMS notes at the first go(self study and not classes) and then i am planning to go for solved examples from standard books if time permits.
Do the IMS notes cover the syllabus comprehensively ??

Comments

• I suggest you to do
    linear algebra,matrices,calculus from notes...
    For 3d geometry ,buy krishna series books,upsc has been lifting problems directly from here,and in every problem,the approach is different,so u have to literally mug up solutions.
    For PDE and ODE buy m d raisinghania book and literally solve every problem..upsc gives problems only from this book...
    Vector analysis,complex analysis,LPP,numerical methods notes is sufficient..
    For statics and dynamics,fluid mechanics buy krishna series books
    For groups and rings theory ,buy brilliant series books ,upsc directly picks questions from this..
    For real analysis,notes is sufficient...

Apart from all this,practice practice practice...always close book and try to solve on ur own...This helps in better retention..
  • @2016 Thanks a lot for giving such an elaborate answer..

For 3-D geometry, i have shantinarayan(by s chand)..do i need to get krishna series instead???

Though i am not starting the statics, dynamics, mechanics and fluid dynamics topics but they look humongous to me and i don't have any idea how to cover those topics. I have looked into the toppers' blog but could only find the booklist for these topics. Is there anywhere written the list of chapters needed to be covered from the krishna series books for these topics???

Thanks again!!!
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog