REVISION CLASSES FOR PRELIMS 2017 by ForumIAS

ForumIAS will be conducting revision classes for Prelims 2017. The goal is to cover maximum topics in minimum time posible. The first class is scheduled today at 5 PM. Seats fill early so register early. Click Here to know more

Guidance by seniors for choosing right career-RBI vs WBPSC

edited October 2016 in Preparation FAQs
Seniors please guide me for my career :-

I am an assistant of Reserve Bank of India and in December 3,2016 I am eligible for promotional exam for the post of Assistant Manager of RBI.I can manage that exam and very much sure about success.
I sat for WBCS exam in 2014,2015 and in 2016. I got a chance to appear in the interview in 2014 for group C post (as I didn’t appear in the optional paper); in 2015 got interview call for the post of group A. But both the time didn’t appear in interview as I am very much interested in group B (Police Service). Moreover, in 2015 there is no vacancy for gen,sc and st students. In 2016, appeared in mains and waiting for result (This time I have a fear that there may be no vacancy for group B service).

My question is that May I go for RBI grade B exam and UPSC exam instead of WBCS exam. If I get group B post (police service) in 2016 is it better to join police service leaving the job of Assistant Manager in Reserve Bank of India?

I am a bit confused what should I do?
·

Comments

• if bengal your home state and u matter Power/aura/contacts over 24x7 busy life+slow promotion then yes go for it .can u tell however why u matter group B jobs over group A ?
    ·
  • Because gr-B is Police Service and promotion is fast than the posts in gr-A.
    ·
  • Better prepare for RBI GRADE-B/UPSC CSE
    ·
  • edited October 2016
    leaving rbi for wbps..I hope you are not on drugs!!

also, if you had witnessed the rampant cheating during this year's exams, you will have surely decided not to write wbcs ever again.

trust me, comparing rbi with wbcs is like comparing Switzerland with siliguri.
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
    ·
  • whats wrong with wbcs? @mrlobo
    ·
  • jambooics said:

whats wrong with wbcs? @mrlobo

rampant cheating in mains exams.
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
    ·
  • mrlobo said:

jambooics said:

whats wrong with wbcs? @mrlobo

rampant cheating in mains exams.
    what is didi doing?
    ·
  • @mrlobo Till what rank one can reach if anyone join the service at the age of 26 years?
    what are the promotional scope?
    what are the facilities one may get and what is salary for gr- B service in probation period?
    ·
  • @Bidyut I think u should go for WBPCS. In later life (40-45+) civil services, either centre or state, give utmost peace of mind... In states, it basically becomes a 10:30 to 1:30 job!! All the time for children and spending the "hard-earned" money ;)

Banking is intrinsically hectic. There is biometric attendance- strict 9 to 5, academically-oriented workload, pecuniary accountability and the 'damocles sword' of various watchdogs.

BTW why is this thread an 'announcement' thread ?? There is nothing to "announce" here ??
    Well Bidyut, if u r a moderator here, u surely know how to use ur "powers" to ur advantage. You'll surely flourish in WBPCS :D :D
    ·
  • pks11630 said:

@Bidyut I think u should go for WBPCS. In later life (40-45+) civil services, either centre or state, give utmost peace of mind... In states, it basically becomes a 10:30 to 1:30 job!! All the time for children and spending the "hard-earned" money ;)

Banking is intrinsically hectic. There is biometric attendance- strict 9 to 5, academically-oriented workload, pecuniary accountability and the 'damocles sword' of various watchdogs.

BTW why is this thread an 'announcement' thread ?? There is nothing to "announce" here ??
    Well Bidyut, if u r a moderator here, u surely know how to use ur "powers" to ur advantage. You'll surely flourish in WBPCS :D :D

police
    peace of mind

choose 1

·
  • Hail forumias for putting this thread on announcement.

When important threads like the following are pushed to bottom, someone's personal problem thread is put in announcement. Please put the below thread in announcement for benefit of candidates appearing for Mains exam.

http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/20905/newspaper-article-summary-and-key-mesages/
    ·
  • @pks11630 I don't know why my post is showing under announcement section.I put it in preparation faqs.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google