MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Best Geography Optional Coaching

Which IAS coaching Institute to join for geography optional course?

Comments

• Go for Guidance Ias. Best for geography for contemporary trend. You can check their class notes. Its the best you will find. Teacher is very good and accessible.
  • ajay raj singh of geogarphia ias is the best for geography optional,,shabbir sir of vaji is equally good but dont go for nitu singh and alok ranjan if u wat to save ur time and money
  • Shabbir sir is good for Geography
  • Ajay Raj Sir of GEOGRAPHIA.. he is good.. specially for second paper.
  • ajay raj singh of geogarphia ias is the best for geography optional,,shabbir sir of vaji is equally good but dont go for nitu singh and alok ranjan if u wat to save ur time and money

forum sirf yahi ek comment likhne ke liye join kiya hai kya bhai.
  • ajay raj of geographia ke multiple videos uploaded hain youtube pe. main mil bhi chuka hoon. kaafi pretentious aur self-righteous banda hai. main 15 minute me irritate ho gaya tha.
    ho sakta hai knowledgeable ho. can't comment on that.
    plus, agar opinion chahiye to contact trustworthy people. ajkal forum pe kaafi fake accounts bante hain, xyz teacher ko promote karne ke liye.
  • edited October 2016
    fry said:

ajay raj of geographia ke multiple videos uploaded hain youtube pe. main mil bhi chuka hoon. kaafi pretentious aur self-righteous banda hai. main 15 minute me irritate ho gaya tha.
    plus, agar opinion chahiye to contact trustworthy people. ajkal forum pe kaafi fake accounts bante hain, xyz teacher ko promote karne ke liye.

• plato222 said:

fry said:

ajay raj of geographia ke multiple videos uploaded hain youtube pe. main mil bhi chuka hoon. kaafi pretentious aur self-righteous banda hai. main 15 minute me irritate ho gaya tha.

u r right bro he has attitude problem,but his knowledge about geography is good in paper1 physical .
  • Sharad Mani Thakur Sir for Geography Optional. I have done optional from him He is not just Geography Teacher but a UPSC teacher itself. I would not praise him here but I would surely say that you can come to his classes in between on any day for a trial He has no formal system of collecting money or a very big institution but He teaches wonderfully. Even his Students Gurleen Malik and Pulkit Garg have given seminar in the optional Classes. I had in my batch students of Shabbir Sir, Neet Ma'am Siddharth Sir too and these students were old GS Students of Sharad SIr who did Optional from these teachers but later did again for Sharad SIr.

He doesn't have any formal system or advertising system so He announces his classes on his Facebook- fb.com/sharad.thakur.7 or u can contact him on phone too- +917042156131

Ps- I am not here to promote anyone or defame anyine, I am a genuine student still completing my course module wise and I want to just tell the Students that Sharad Sir is a wonderful teacher So before going to any other Optional Class please attend his trial classes from any day u want to. This is my genuine opinion.
  • somra said:

Which IAS coaching Institute to join for geography optional course?

Shabbir(From Vajiram) is one of the best faculties. Alok Ranjan is also very good. Jojo Mathew(ALS) can also be considered but only if you are not interested in Shabbir/Alok Ranjan.
  • shabbir si good in geo.i met him he is very supportive and helpful teacher
  • currently taking coaching for geography- keynote ias..shamim sir is good.

• Attached Books are for sale. You will have to come to my place, near Yashoda Dairy/Water Tank in Old Rajender Nagar to pick them up.
    The Condition is almost new.

Prices:
    1. Evolution of Geographical Thought, Rs 150
    2. Models in Geography, Rs 150
    3. Human Geography, Rs 150
    4. Physical Geography by Majid Hussain, Rs 250
    5. Khullar, Geography of India, Rs 300

All for Rs 900/-, Rs 100/- Discount.

Please Msg for the the Phone number.
    IMG_20161201_023027[1].jpg
    4160 x 2340 - 518K
  • Majid Hussain. Bit old fashioned, but helpful.
  • i might be the only one, but i do not like shabbir sir's ONE SIZE FITS ALL approach. He constantly nudges you to do stuff (which is good if you can do it), but can become difficult if one is in college or job. Then he starts discriminating students on the basis of performance in his "stuff"(which is kind of sad and demotivating).
    Other than that, he is a fine teacher with good conceptual clarity in "most" areas.
  • i might be the only one, but i do not like shabbir sir's ONE SIZE FITS ALL approach. He constantly nudges you to do stuff (which is good if you can do it), but can become difficult if one is in college or job. Then he starts discriminating students on the basis of performance in his "stuff"(which is kind of sad and demotivating).
    Other than that, he is a fine teacher with good conceptual clarity in "most" areas.

That will be there brother. You are not the only one. There were people in my Geo Optional Batch at Sharad Sir's coaching who told us the same and even worse. I have heard that Shabbir Sir doesnt teach the whole syllabus too.

I have done Optional from Sharad Mani Thakur Sir in Old Rajinder Nagar. So far I have not found anyone better than him for Geography Optional or even Geography GS no one comes even close to him in Geography. He solves the previous year question papers of UPSC in the class itself and dictates standard answers. Everything is in the class itself there is no printed material and diversionary tactics. Whatever is the doubt it is clarified in the class itself. Whole Syllabus is covered in front of you in fact you have to bring the syllabus and Previous Year questions in the class itself. Revising the course is free you can revise some section which you didnt understood or the full syallbus too..
    I have attached 2016 Question's answers please see them. They have been dictated in the class.
    IMG_1714.JPG
    1854 x 2583 - 671K
    IMG_1716.JPG
    2718 x 1913 - 769K
    IMG_1717.JPG
    2656 x 1906 - 911K
    IMG_1718.JPG
    2731 x 1906 - 872K
    IMG_1718.JPG
    2731 x 1906 - 872K
    IMG_1719.JPG
    2702 x 1945 - 888K
    IMG_1720.JPG
    2735 x 1842 - 591K
  • Sharad Mani Thakur Sir for Geography Optional. My class mate has already uploaded the notes from the class. You will not get a better experience than his classes.
    Teaching is very good.
    Everything is covered int he class itself, even the previous years questions are dictated in the class for both GS and Optional. You can bring any question in the class from any other test series on which you want to have any standard answers He will dictate in the class only.
    On other teachers I have only seen their notes and Not attended their classes as there is no trials available at other institutes But in Sharad Sir's classes He never takes a single rupee before the class. You can attend the classes for a few days or weeks and then Pay the fees. Also fees is less for this standard of teaching both for GS and OPtiona, fees is very less.

That will be there brother. You are not the only one. There were people in my Geo Optional Batch at Sharad Sir's coaching who told us the same and even worse. I have heard that Shabbir Sir doesnt teach the whole syllabus too.

I have done Optional from Sharad Mani Thakur Sir in Old Rajinder Nagar. So far I have not found anyone better than him for Geography Optional or even Geography GS no one comes even close to him in Geography. He solves the previous year question papers of UPSC in the class itself and dictates standard answers. Everything is in the class itself there is no printed material and diversionary tactics. Whatever is the doubt it is clarified in the class itself. Whole Syllabus is covered in front of you in fact you have to bring the syllabus and Previous Year questions in the class itself. Revising the course is free you can revise some section which you didnt understood or the full syallbus too..
    I have attached 2016 Question's answers please see them. They have been dictated in the class.
    Bro does Sharad Mani Sir take online test series too ?
  • Bhai sharad muni ke chakkar me na pado ... Forum now a days are filled by people like these who only comment here to promote some coaching . please check such guys credentials by seeing his comment history before believing such things
  • what about rajat sir of vision IAS???? can somebody please review
  • Bhai sharad muni ke chakkar me na pado ... Forum now a days are filled by people like these who only comment here to promote some coaching . please check such guys credentials by seeing his comment history before believing such things

Chakkar me na pado?
    Koi chakkar nahi hai Class hai.
    We have attended and then we are telling Not promoting or advertising somone. Everything is with proof Anyone can come and see the classes for themselves And then pay the fees and which too is very less. No advertisement its a genuine review.
  • PS9 said:

i might be the only one, but i do not like shabbir sir's ONE SIZE FITS ALL approach. He constantly nudges you to do stuff (which is good if you can do it), but can become difficult if one is in college or job. Then he starts discriminating students on the basis of performance in his "stuff"(which is kind of sad and demotivating).

Bro does Sharad Mani Sir take online test series too ?
    No online test series He solves the previious years papers in class itlsef and gives answers in the class.

• Online pen drive course of Ajay Raj Singh sir is the best.. His video lectures are very complete amd exhaustive and the way he explains the concepts makes the subject very easy.. U can join it bhai it is very much recommended.. Also he covers geog paper 2 completely which no other coa institutes in delhi covers.. his study material is also very good.. what he speaks in the class r written in his notes.. Do join it it is very much recommended.
    PS : I am Ankit Soni.. Rank 636 in cse 2016 .
    with geog optional and was a student of Ajay Raj Singh sir..
  • 3 Comments and all are written in praise of Ajay Raj Sir .

These things instead of advertisement creates a wrong image of the teacher
    Forum should block these people
  • Online pen drive course of Ajay Raj Singh sir is the best.. His video lectures are very complete amd exhaustive and the way he explains the concepts makes the subject very easy.. U can join it bhai it is very much recommended.. Also he covers geog paper 2 completely which no other coa institutes in delhi covers.. his study material is also very good.. what he speaks in the class r written in his notes.. Do join it it is very much recommended.
    PS : I am Ankit Soni.. Rank 636 in cse 2016 .
    with geog optional and was a student of Ajay Raj Singh sir..

Sharad Mani Thakur Sir covers whole syllabus of Paper 2 in the class itself along with previous year papers being discussed in the class itself.
  • can anyone suggest me a book for geographical thoughts? I didnt find Majid Hussain's book interesting.
  • Sharad sir is really a good teacher for Geography Optional as well as Geography GS,, . He is much better than
    Any other teachers of Geography in ORN,, infact I have done Geography from vajiram also that's why I'm saying this. He teaches with diagrams and flow charts which makes it easy to understand . And do not understand how people can teach a subject like Geography through pen drive course.
  • Sharad sir is really a good teacher for Geography Optional as well as Geography GS,, . He is much better than
    Any other teachers of Geography in ORN,, infact I have done Geography from vajiram also that's why I'm saying this. He teaches with diagrams and flow charts which makes it easy to understand . And do not understand how people can teach a subject like Geography through pen drive course.

Search geography by ajay raj singh on youtube.. you will understand how geog can be taught by pd course
  • Shashank atom or shabbir sir? Please help me to decide.
  • Shashank Atom sir...No Doubt
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog