43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Newer edition books required for UPSC 2017?

Hi, I have got Ramesh Singh 6th edition and Laxmikanth 4th edition with me and studied both once for prelims 2016. Couldn't qualify this year though so preparing again for 2017. So now Ramesh Singh has released its 8th edition and Laxmikanth is soon to release his 5th edition. Is it necessary to purchase the newer editions for 2017 or will studying from the older editions do? Those who have got the newer edition of Ramesh Singh and had a look on the older editions too can you please tell if there are any relevant additions to the content? Thank you.
·

Comments

• Debaleena said:

Hi, I have got Ramesh Singh 6th edition and Laxmikanth 4th edition with me and studied both once for prelims 2016. Couldn't qualify this year though so preparing again for 2017. So now Ramesh Singh has released its 8th edition and Laxmikanth is soon to release his 5th edition. Is it necessary to purchase the newer editions for 2017 or will studying from the older editions do? Those who have got the newer edition of Ramesh Singh and had a look on the older editions too can you please tell if there are any relevant additions to the content? Thank you.

i have ramesh singh first edition and laxmikanth first edition and still i clear prelims, so need to waste money hardly 40 to 50 new pages which are not relevant to upsc
    Ek akela iss shahar me, rat me aur dopahar me
    Aabodana dhundata hai aashiyana dhundata hai

Din khalee khalee bartan hai aur rat hai jaise andha kuan
    Inn sunee andheree aankho se aansun kee jagah aata hain dhuan
    Jine kee vajah toh koyee nahee marne kaa bahana dhundata hai
    Ek akela iss shahar me.....

Inn umar se lambee sadkon ko manjil pe pohonchte dekha nahee
    Bas daudatee phirtee rahtee hain hamne toh theherte dekha nahee
    ·
  • Debaleena said:

i have ramesh singh first edition and laxmikanth first edition and still i clear prelims, so need to waste money hardly 40 to 50 new pages which are not relevant to upsc
    Ok. Thank you.

·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google