43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening) & 29th June (Morning) ; Registration open
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website :- www.mitrasias.com

Was there a scam in CSE 2015 ?

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.timesofindia.com/city/mumbai/Man-wanted-in-UPSC-exam-scam-held-in-city-worked-as-manager-for-insurance-company/amp_articleshow/54746892.cms?client=safari

Number of candidates have not been allotted seats this year . Is it because of this or the obc issue is a genuine one. Or is it that upsc is trying to cover up the matter
·
«1

Comments

  • If u guys have any inputs please share
    ·
  • I really hope not considering lakhs of students have faith in the integrity of the system . I hope more people raise this question like yourself and ask UPSC to clear the air on this matter. This is quite a serious issue which can jeopardise some many futures and families. I hope we get more transparency and clarity over this.
    ·
  • Even I heard it from someone and then this news . It's quite disturbing . It's a serious matter if it's true .
    ·
  • agar scam hai, to bhi hum kya hi kr lenge!
    ·
  • Time pe tayyari chhod sakte hai .. hawa me teer to Na maare kam se kam is fixed match me
    ·
  • sabfixhai said:

    Time pe tayyari chhod sakte hai .. hawa me teer to Na maare kam se kam is fixed match me

    Bhai sab fix hai, seat bikti hai upsc mein bhi.

    Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer

    ·
  • Seems nobody has any info regarding this
    ·
  • sabfixhai said:

    Seems nobody has any info regarding this

    Yes. No one seems to be aware. UPSC has an unmatched record in suppressing the matters.

    But this is disturbing.

    Can a query be asked through RTI?
    If there was a scam? What is the stage of investigation? Who are the candidates who have not been allocated service/not sent joining letter? How many such candidates?
    From the article, it appears the questions paper has been leaked and beneficiaries were from Punjab, most probably.
    ·
  • SanamJung said:

    sabfixhai said:

    Seems nobody has any info regarding this

    Yes. No one seems to be aware. UPSC has an unmatched record in suppressing the matters.

    But this is disturbing.

    Can a query be asked through RTI?
    If there was a scam? What is the stage of investigation? Who are the candidates who have not been allocated service/not sent joining letter? How many such candidates?
    From the article, it appears the questions paper has been leaked and beneficiaries were from Punjab, most probably.
    Exactly but nobody wants to question upsc . I think RTI will not help

    ·
  • This is not an institutional scam. It is essentially a lone wolf type of scam, if I can tkae analogy from terrorism! A handful of lower rung officials wud be involved in cahoots with few corrupt civilians.

    The commission as such is quite fair. Like the Caesar's wife! I've faith in that.

    UPSCs stupidity lies not in unethical behaviour but in its ossified attitude of not reforming exam structures in face of mounting evidence of highly probabilistic selection model.
    ·
  • UPSC may be a clean organisation but its surprising how this did not catch the eye of anyone. It will be unfair to those who just missed in the last exam . RTI will not help and may not give the required information since the matter is still being investigated and arrests are being made. Any compromise even by lower officials compromises the legitimacy of the entire institution and the results . It's in everyone's interest that they come clean on this matter.
    ·
  • UPSC may be a clean organisation but its surprising how this did not catch the eye of anyone. It will be unfair to those who just missed in the last exam . RTI will not help and may not give the required information since the matter is still being investigated and arrests are being made. Any compromise even by lower officials compromises the legitimacy of the entire institution and the results . It's in everyone's interest that they come clean on this matter.

    With the condition of media these days which is crawling at government's whims I think the issue has been media managed by upsc .
    ·
  • sabfixhai said:

    UPSC may be a clean organisation but its surprising how this did not catch the eye of anyone. It will be unfair to those who just missed in the last exam . RTI will not help and may not give the required information since the matter is still being investigated and arrests are being made. Any compromise even by lower officials compromises the legitimacy of the entire institution and the results . It's in everyone's interest that they come clean on this matter.

    With the condition of media these days which is crawling at government's whims I think the issue has been media managed by upsc .
    Yes I too think so that matter has been suppressed.
    And I think some members at senior level are involved as well. The arrested man was promising selection without even appearing for the exam. Lower level officials can't pull this off. In the past UPSC members have been tainted in other scams, like AK Singh. Chattar Singh house has been raided by CBI recently.

    I am not saying the whole process or the whole UPSC is corrupt, but certain things are questionable. Some undeserving candidates may have made it through unfair means.

    The news is published in ToI. So more reasons for skepticism. I read it twice to verify that this is about CSE and not some other exam. Anyway we may never know what actually transpired. Sad.
    ·
  • Padhai karlo..yeh sab jhooth hain...
    ·
  • If there was leakage of question paper then 2015 mains should be scrapped. Someone should file a petition in supreme court
    ·
  • Instead of passing your time here, you all can better study.
    And jisko hawa me teer nahi maarna, he can leave the field, for no one has stopped anyone.
    I request the mods to scrap this thread..
    ·
  • papppu said:

    If there was leakage of question paper then 2015 mains should be scrapped. Someone should file a petition in supreme court

    Dost, is suggestion ke liye tumhaare munh me ghee, shakkar, rasmalai ityaadi sabhi mithaayiyan :p :p Kaash, aisaa ho jaaye :#
    I missed last year by 16 marks in mains due to butchering of Geography... Will never let that happen again :) :)
    ·
  • SanamJung said:

    sabfixhai said:

    UPSC may be a clean organisation but its surprising how this did not catch the eye of anyone. It will be unfair to those who just missed in the last exam . RTI will not help and may not give the required information since the matter is still being investigated and arrests are being made. Any compromise even by lower officials compromises the legitimacy of the entire institution and the results . It's in everyone's interest that they come clean on this matter.

    With the condition of media these days which is crawling at government's whims I think the issue has been media managed by upsc .
    Yes I too think so that matter has been suppressed.
    And I think some members at senior level are involved as well
    . The arrested man was promising selection without even appearing for the exam. Lower level officials can't pull this off. In the past UPSC members have been tainted in other scams, like AK Singh. Chattar Singh house has been raided by CBI recently.

    I am not saying the whole process or the whole UPSC is corrupt, but certain things are questionable. Some undeserving candidates may have made it through unfair means.

    The news is published in ToI. So more reasons for skepticism. I read it twice to verify that this is about CSE and not some other exam. Anyway we may never know what actually transpired. Sad.
    +1
    ·
  • More like a scam to dupe gullible candidates, especially those who don't know the exam process properly.

    Bhaisaab ki itni pehchaan hoti toh khud naa nikaal leta.. :D
    Prelims: 3. Mains: 1. Interview: 1. Rank: (?)
    Literature of English Language.
    Dentist, bounty hunter, aspiring diplomat. Opinionated.
    ·
  • More like a scam to dupe gullible candidates, especially those who don't know the exam process properly.

    Bhaisaab ki itni pehchaan hoti toh khud naa nikaal leta.
    . :D

    +100000
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google