Computer infected with a ransom-ware . Techies please help !

This is my desktop and those white icons are pdf files -encrypted.
Tried to lookup for help on net , but to no avail.

Hope to find some solution here . Thanks
Capture.JPG
762 x 317 - 97K

Comments

• Reinstall windows and don't visit untrustworthy sites.
    The world is filled with amazing things you'll probably never notice if you keep staring at your GODDAMN PHONE.
  • will i have to format the whole drive , i mean parts D & E parts too ?
    C has OS on it .
  • If new files are not getting infected you may not format any drive. I suffered the same a few years back. I just deleted the corrupted files scanned pc and things went back to normal. These things usually infect pictures and pdf files. You can try changing their extentions back to .jpeg or .pdf using unlocker or any other software but they are probably gone for good.
    Reinstalling windows is the last resort but less time taking. In any case you won't have to format other drives.

The world is filled with amazing things you'll probably never notice if you keep staring at your GODDAMN PHONE.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog