MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening) & 29th June (Morning) ; Registration open
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website :- www.mitrasias.com

which test series i should join for upsc pre pt test ?

i am confused bw numeroues coaching institiutes , which to join , whose material is the best , who provides the best teaching faculty . the thought of choosing the best coaching which will be d best for me haunts me?
Anyone who has complete knowledge regarding this pls talk to me so that i cn make right choice abt my future.
PT-13,14,15 FAILED
(PT 2016 PASSED)
·

Comments

• Vajiram is the best. But they have already started next years batch.]
    so vision or sriram.
    sriram is called mini vajiram.
    don't even think of Raus or chanakya.
    i have wasted a lot of time there.
    no use.
    other than that, material of vajiram is good, test series you can do from any famous institute. vision is considered one of the best in this. and vision current affairs magazine is also very popular.
    Hope this Helps.
    All the Best!
    ·
  • Join Vision, it'll keep you on track. Their explanations are really good, and I thought solving their tests helped me get a decent score.
    I also took Insights Test Series, but did not write a lot of tests. It's good if you are planning to be regular since they have a lot of tests. ( I still prefer Vision to Insights)
    And the Vajiram Test Series' papers are extremely irrelevant in my opinion. It's best you keep away.
    ·
  • for test series go for vision or insight. i prefer vision over insight.
    For coaching vajiram .
    •~dangal dangal~•
    The difference between good and great is some percentage of extra effort
    ·
  • Join forum's test series.
    I found it better than Insights and Vision last time.
    They'll suggest reading material but you'll have to read from standard books itself. Better not to read from coaching notes straightaway.
    Prelims: 3. Mains: 1. Interview: 1. Rank: (?)
    Literature of English Language.
    Dentist, bounty hunter, aspiring diplomat. Opinionated.
    ·
  • Vision is a blend of both static nd ca..toh ppr jaisa bhi aaye atleast ull be ready for pre
    ·
  • Solutions of insights are far better than that of forum or vision. I will advice, better join/get papers of insights and supplement it with forum/vision.
    ·
  • hope16 said:

Solutions of insights are far better than that of forum or vision. I will advice, better join/get papers of insights and supplement it with forum/vision.

+1.....Before joining any test series see their last years paper n match it with questions asked in UPSC.
    Sab Timing Ka Khel Hai.
    ·
  • Join any one for class test if you want, from among the ones people have mentioned.
    Other than that I'd suggest you to buy photocopy material of test series from market for 2-3 other eg vision,insights,forum etc.

You'll solve more test and improve your chances of a high score so you won't have to worry about prelims marks.
    ·
  • can ne1 tell me wat is d fees of test series at vajirm? someone suggested me about Khan study test prep...dey r providng model answers by rankers n olso videos by topprs..i m still confusd !
    PT-13,14,15 FAILED
    (PT 2016 PASSED)
    ·
  • i have heard vajiram's quality of teaching is great...bt have no idea about their test series. You can try vision or Khan group for test series. i have visited khan group website www.ksgindia.com, the rankers also suggest the test series and the model answers they are providing is written by the rankers only. on the other hand, vision is providing test for online / offline mode, along with the test they are providing current issue notes.....khan group providing current updates on their website regualrly. so you can choose according to your need
    ·
  • i had joined forumias test series for 2016. did not find it at par with upsc
    insights is the closest you can get to upsc prelims questions. vision is also good.
    choose any one between insights and vision.
    ATB
    Do not go gentle into that good night
    ·
  • thank you suggestions, I have joined KTP - khan study group's test prep...the questions are beneficent and worthy ...also they provided model answer of the rankers which helps to improve my answer writing skiils. since test is also available in online mode , I can easily send my test for Evaluation from my home and get evaluated copy at the mail.
    PT-13,14,15 FAILED
    (PT 2016 PASSED)
    ·
  • Join forum's test series.
    I found it better than Insights and Vision last time.
    They'll suggest reading material but you'll have to read from standard books itself. Better not to read from coaching notes straightaway.

Agree.
    ·
  • i had joined forumias test series for 2016. did not find it at par with upsc
    insights is the closest you can get to upsc prelims questions. vision is also good.
    choose any one between insights and vision.
    ATB

bhai tum galat bol rahe ho.. if you compare the forumias and insights in terms of questions ,at least simulator tests, then forumias is closest to upsc standards. yes it is true that insights answers are well framed.

i dont know how u came to this conclusion.. anyone who wrote the test series knows that it was by far the best in terms of balance of question.. nor too difficult nor too easy.

i am saying this because i shared my test with 4 people and all of us got through by studying vision current affairs and we did only forumias test..and we all thankfully got through with good margin..

yahan par forum pe aake forum ki hi marne ki aadat ban gayo hai logon ki..

forum pe @DrKingSchultz @ krk @ chipad_banda @ gloomydespair and lot of people from forum - at least 15-20 people had joined forumias testseries and all of them are writing mains this year..we used to have discussions here..so i know.. and most of them did not join any other test series either.

so clearly it forumias tests were not way off the mark . 13-14 questions to mujhe hi yaad the test series ke jo upsc me aa gaye the.. they were easy questions and must have been covered everywhere,.. toh agar forum ke test ki baat karo toh questions acchee the.. solutions insights jitne elaborate nahi the.. but overall good..

You can safely choose forumias test series..its a safe bet.
    Writing CSE Mains 2016
    ·
  • People are judging in retrospect.
    This year witnessed a surprising paper - full of current affairs.
    If you judge the test series by the extent that it covered this year's questions, then no test series will pass the test.
    You never know what UPSC has in store for the next year: full static, maybe.
    There should be a balance in the static and dynamic part, and there should be a balance in the level of easy, moderate , and difficult questions from each subject.
    Frankly, apart from a few wrong answers and sub-par explanations, I found nothing wrong with forum's series.
    Plus, they are always amenable to criticism and immediately correct inadvertent mistakes, unlike our inertial bureaucracy, ain't that correct @ForumIAS ? ;)
    Prelims: 3. Mains: 1. Interview: 1. Rank: (?)
    Literature of English Language.
    Dentist, bounty hunter, aspiring diplomat. Opinionated.
    ·
  • is there any pt test starting for IAS 2017?
    PT-13,14,15 FAILED
    (PT 2016 PASSED)
    ·
  • Where to get forumias questions from ??
    ·
  • Vision , Forumias, insights
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • I have seen the Ad about KSG started its new Test Series for PT from 4th dec, 28 Tests will be conducted. they are providing some free tests for trial...i have registered myself for the free tests and 2 tests were conducted , one ;left....which is scheduled for 18th Dec...i have given the test...you can try the free one then u can decide...

Read here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-T1ijujnOVwWU00UGQxT0l4ckE/view?ts=584fd87d

Answers and explanation : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-T1ijujnOVwRGo1b25QTFAzbTA/view?ts=584fd863

·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google