"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
Mains 2017 : The Only Course you will need to Score 400+ in GS
Mains Foundation 2017 by Ravi R Chokkalingam – to cover GS Paper 2, Paper 3, Paper 1 (Social Issues), Ethics & Essay – with 4 Full Length Mock Tests.
Classes (Online | Offline) commence from 27th June for Mains Foundation, Mains Current Affairs, GS Paper III, Ethics & Essay

Call : 9555923039 for early bird discounts

Sociology coaching

Can anyone suggest me who is the best sociology teacher in Delhi?

I have a doubt in between

Upendra sir,Mahapatra sir n Mongra sir
·

Comments

• I have no prior experience of learning humanities subject, so attended classes of upendra sir for Sociology. Trust me he is a treat to listen to. Just one of the few teachers I have thoroughly enjoyed studying from. You must meet him at least. I have no knowledge about other teachers though.
    ·
  • Thanks a ton tao
    ·
  • vikas ranjan
    ·
  • Is vikas ranjan better than them?
    ·
  • Bhai meet all of them if possible. And decide for yourself. If you have to clear this exam you have to develop your discrimination skills and decide for your self. Take advice and help from all but at the end of the day, you have to rely on your wisdom, understanding and judgment. And sooner you develop those skills the better your chances of clearing this exam. Basically we all have a herd mentality we don't think for ourselves. And believe me if you want to clear this exam, develop your own thinking and analytical abilities. And it all starts from which coaching you want to study from to which pen would be better for writing mains to which tie you shall wear for the interview. It all begins with u and shall end with u. And the sooner your realize it the better.
    ·
  • True that.Thanks Tao.
    ·
  • deepdev said:

Can anyone suggest me who is the best sociology teacher in Delhi?

I have a doubt in between

Upendra sir,Mahapatra sir n Mongra sir

Join Mahapatra/Upendra. It's really difficult to name one out of them.You may decide on the basis of availability of seats,schedule of the batch,your place of stay (Upendra sir teaches at his residence in Safdarjung Enclave).No other option is worth considering for classes in my honest opinion.
    I shall bomb the world one day !!
    ·
  • Is safdargunj enclave near ORN or MKN?
    ·
  • I have no idea about delhi..I'm staying in Blore.Will I face trouble in getting a room nearby?
    ·
  • Safdarjang enclave is around 12 kms from ORN.students usually come by cab from ORN. Though I resided at a hostel in safdarjang enclave, many other students used to come from ORN by cab. The problem in residing in safdarjang enclave is you cannot take GS coaching. if you plan to stay for a year or so, commuting from ORN would be a better option as all coaching institutes are there as well as book shops. There are no advertisements for his classes, you have to contact him and book your seat at least a month before the batches begin. Rest you talk to him on phone- 011 2610 9740.
    ·
  • upendra sir is best though with some limitation.

m student of feb 2014 batch

1) no notes making...he will start speaking and bla bla bla.....if u are average student or new to humanities please dont join him
    2) if u would ask him naive question (like i asked once) as i am doc and socio was alien to me...he would give u looks like dont u even know that???
    3) his paper 1 is extra ordinary but paper 2 is not as good as 1st

u can talk to bhibhas sir and can try 1-2 demo if he allows or try praveen kishore sir(nice ias) ..i would join either of them next year.

thanks and good luck
    all i need is profound meditation. all i love is my stethoscope
    ·
  • Thanks again tao and upsc socio..thanks for the help!
    ·
  • What about vikas ranjan?..hearing alot about him these days and also aditya mongra??
    ·
  • deepdev said:

What about vikas ranjan?..hearing alot about him these days and also aditya mongra??

aditya mongra.. lol...dnt even think...he was once a student of upendra sir
    ·
  • deepdev said:

What about vikas ranjan?..hearing alot about him these days and also aditya mongra??

Only for Test Series
    ·
  • upendra sir is best though with some limitation.

1) no notes making...he will start speaking and bla bla bla.....if u are average student or new to humanities please dont join him
    2) if u would ask him naive question (like i asked once) as i am doc and socio was alien to me...he would give u looks like dont u even know that???

u can talk to bhibhas sir and can try 1-2 demo if he allows or try praveen kishore sir(nice ias) ..i would join either of them next year.

thanks and good luck

I am also from the same batch !! your name ?
    ·
  • diablo2 said:

vikas ranjan

Pls dont join these Vikas Ranjan & Mongra ... Either join Mahapatra or Upendra only !
    ·
  • diablo2 said:

vikas ranjan

Pls dont join these Vikas Ranjan & Mongra ... Either join Mahapatra or Upendra only !
    Ok Thanks Everyone!!
    ·
  • Either join Mahapatra or Upendra sir only.
    ·
  • Got all the pros and cons of upendra sir.Thanks everyone for that

Can someone tell the same for mahapatra sir?..
    So that I can arrive to a conclusion.
    ·
  • taliban said:

upendra sir is best though with some limitation.

thanks and good luck

haha myself Dr goyal

i was used to sit on the right side portion of sir, if he faces the student.
    where were u used to sit??
    ·
  • @deepdev
    I am a student of mahapatra sir. He teaches really well and makes concepts easier to understand as most of the students are frm non humanity background by connecting things to the contemporary examples. But he doesnt give notes so you basically have to jot down everything he says. And he is execptionally good in paper 2. And ofcourse he teaches in orn.

And i m from non humanity background and initially i did face some trouble connecting the dots but gradually as the class progress things become easier.

Goodluck
    ·
  • taliban said:

thanks and good luck

haha myself Dr goyal

Left Side Front Row ; I used to put on a cap mostly during that period
    ·
  • u r d guy from hansraj college?? there was a guy from hansraj in left front row.

there was a guy too with his permanent gf in the left front row

u remember, there was a guy who was used to ask annoying ques daily ,,,he was not from front row though but from left side
    ·
  • taliban said:

taliban said:

thanks and good luck

haha myself Dr goyal

Left Side Front Row ; I used to put on a cap mostly during that period
    u r d guy from hansraj college?? there was a guy from hansraj in left front row.

there was a guy too with his permanent gf in the left front row

u remember, there was a guy who was used to ask annoying ques daily ,,,he was not from front row though but from left side
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google