ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

DAF: OBC Candidates gather here

Please post all your questions regarding filling the OBC NCL form for Mains 2016.

Comments

• Is the OBC NCL proforma given below the instruction pdf to be filled newly from SDO/SDM etc? Moreover, the OBC Non-creamy layer certificate issued by Govt of Assam is signed electronically and NOT manually. Will that NOT suffice??? Please reply... bahut meherbani hogi. :smile:
  • what is to be filled in wealth section?>
  • (8) Scanned copies of documentary proof in support of service / status /landholding / income from different sources / property held by parents of OBC (non creamy layer) candidates.

Are they require INCOME CERTIFICATE.
  • where is the Annexure VI and VII in the DAF.
  • Re Singh said:

(8) Scanned copies of documentary proof in support of service / status /landholding / income from different sources / property held by parents of OBC (non creamy layer) candidates.

I think I-T return will do. Do we hv to fill the OBC Proforma again?
  • Re Singh said:

where is the Annexure VI and VII in the DAF.

Service pref. & Cdare pref.
  • NikB said:

what is to be filled in wealth section?>

Dude, is your OBC NCL in the same form as given by UPSC or is in the format issued by your state govt?
  • @MadanChopraIsBack
    its as per given by UPSC website.

it was a big headache. I had from my state, but its worthless.
    i got the OBC NCL in central format in august!

• NikB said:

@MadanChopraIsBack

Oh..but what did you do with the date, as it has be before last date of filling of application for prelims? Which state u belong to? It seem like I'm in big trouble now... I told the govt officials that it has to be in UPSC format but they said they hv their own format.
  • edited October 2016

NikB said:

@MadanChopraIsBack

Oh..but what did you do with the date, as it has be before last date of filling of application for prelims? Which state u belong to? It seem like I'm in big trouble now... I told the govt officials that it has to be in UPSC format but they said they hv their own format.

I am not sure if this rule is very strict, I have talked with many other friends and they said that, date is not an issue.
    and more over, nothing can be done now.

other selected candidates also dont have NCL after the respective prelims date.

other players here, can help ...

mine is from maharashtra
  • NikB said:

NikB said:

@MadanChopraIsBack

I am not sure if this rule is very strict, I have talked with many other friends and they said that, date is not an issue.
    and more over, nothing can be done now.

other selected candidates also dont have NCL after the respective prelims date.

other players here, can help ...
    Hmmm... lets see wat happens. Anyway if we hv cleared prelims in general category, then it shouldn't be much of a problem. At least disqualify toh nahin karenge UPSC
  • Re Singh said:

where is the Annexure VI and VII in the DAF.

Service pref. & Cdare pref.
    IF this then why asking only for these categories.
    (iii)
    Scanned copy of Certificate in support of claim to belong to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes (where applicable) Annexure VI and VII may be filled online by OBC candidate.

• Re Singh said:

(8) Scanned copies of documentary proof in support of service / status /landholding / income from different sources / property held by parents of OBC (non creamy layer) candidates.

what about unemployed parents. they don't know about I-T RETURN.
  • Re Singh said:

yupp bro but online with undertakings.
  • Re Singh said:

Re Singh said:

yupp bro but online with undertakings.
    Where is the online proforma? And what is the Undertaking?
  • Re Singh said:

Re Singh said:

what about unemployed parents. they don't know about I-T RETURN.
    Then you will have to get income certificate for last three years issued by SDO/SDM/Circle Officer of your sub-division.
  • Hi

I am an OBC candidate giving mains this year. My father is a farmer from Tamil nadu and we have never filed IT returns. What should we do for income proof. My father owns some agricultural land which is well within statuory ceiling limit for land in my state. Should I attach our Patta papers to show as a proof for land.
  • sriV said:

Hi

I am an OBC candidate giving mains this year. My father is a farmer from Tamil nadu and we have never filed IT returns. What should we do for income proof. My father owns some agricultural land which is well within statuory ceiling limit for land in my state. Should I attach our Patta papers to show as a proof for land.

no need....just fill land ceiling is below required....they wil ask after interview if tey need someting
  • What to do for proof of service/status
    Is it return,or service book ok

Help
  • I m from Bihar tell me cadre preference

Completely confused
    After Bihar/up.

I want to give agumt as3rd
    Help
  • edited October 2016
    I have an OBC certificate in different format - the one they ask for in AIEEE. I never got it renewed ever since 2008 and now I wonder what should I do. Although, I have applied for the certificate in the new format - the one required for Central Govt. recruitment - but that will come only next month. So, please help.....I will upload the old certificate anyways. Will that make my form(DAF) liable to rejection?
  • I am born in telangana (birth certi-telangana) and studied in telangana (from the beginning to the graduation).My father is born in andhra pradesh but he is working in telangana. I belong to obc category. So should i get the obc certificate(and non creamy kayer certi also) from andhra pradesh or telangana??
  • bhai closing date of the application of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination, 2016 was 20-05-2016 and my obc certificate has been issued on 28-05-2016....will upsc accept this certificate????
  • bhai closing date of the application of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination, 2016 was 20-05-2016 and my obc certificate has been issued on 28-05-2016....will upsc accept this certificate????

Haan bhai it should not be a problem. As far as i know they woud provide you ample time to rectify if any discepencies are found in your documents. Normally they send the letters asking further documents (if not complete as per their requirement) after DAF form verification.
    So fill up the DAF now and instead of taking too much stress about documents, focus on mains. Rest of things can be taken care later.
  • Thanks for clearing my doubt mate :)
  • Do we need to scan any document other than OBC certificate, OBC undertaking and IT return? I mean do we need proof for service, wealth, land holding etc?
  • Punk AJ said:

I have an OBC certificate in different format - the one they ask for in AIEEE. I never got it renewed ever since 2008 and now I wonder what should I do. Although, I have applied for the certificate in the new format - the one required for Central Govt. recruitment - but that will come only next month. So, please help.....I will upload the old certificate anyways. Will that make my form(DAF) liable to rejection?

upload the old one with an undertaking and get the new one ready they may ask for it during interview. There wont be any objection by UPSC before interviews.
  • Punk AJ said:

An obc non creamy layer certificate is valid for only 3 years, you apply with the certificate you have, UPSC after checking you DAF will mail and intimate you about the short comings in your form and give you ample time to rectify it.

• I got my obc certificate (both state and Upsc format) made after DAF was out in 2014. I encountered no problems.

Date is not an issue.
  • naga_baba said:

I got my obc certificate (both state and Upsc format) made after DAF was out in 2014. I encountered no problems.

Date is not an issue.

Did you send both state format and UPSC formt with DAF or only one of the two?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog