Physical Geography Doubts for CSM 2016 and CSP 2017

@DrKingSchultz @Neyawn @IWRA

What is difference between Basic Lavas and Acid Lavas ? What are various landforms made due to Lava flow ? ( 200 Words 12.5 marks) ?
The real work gets done behind the scenes, Competition is the easy part - Usain Bolt

Comments

• @DrKingSchultz @Neyawn @IWRA

What is difference between Basic Lavas and Acid Lavas ? What are various landforms made due to Lava flow ? ( 200 Words 12.5 marks) ?

Acidic Lava - More silica content, More Viscous
    Basic Lava - Less silica, more of Fe, Mg etc. , Less viscosity, so flows easily

Landforms due to Lava Flow - I guess give more emphasis on landforms created by Basic lava such as

1. Lava Shields/plateus
    2. Lava plains
    3. Sub surface features such as Batholiths, Laccoliths, Sills, dykes, cuestas
  • edited October 2016
    Q2) Write a short note on Ring of Fire and explain reasons behind this excessive geological activities in Ring of Fire using Plate Tectonic theories ? ( 200 words 12.5 marks)

The real work gets done behind the scenes, Competition is the easy part - Usain Bolt
  • Q2) Write a short note on Ring of Fire and explain reasons behind this excessive geological activities in Ring of Fire using Plate Tectonic theories ? ( 200 words 12.5 marks)

hi arkham..hope u will resolve my problm...actually i im reading icse buks of geography ie morning star publication or goyal bros pub alongwith goh chen..wat is ur view.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog