ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

DAF 2016 - Crowd-sourcing cadre info: Give some information about your home state.

edited September 2016 in Official Exam Process
Request to all members , kindly give brief of your home state so that other candidates can select state preference accordingly.

Kindly mention pro's and con's.

I belong from Gujarat. So will brief for it.

1. GUJARAT : Peaceful state. Less crime ratio, good accomdation available for all class 1 officers. Bit of political interference but if tackled smartly u can work smoothly. Gujarati language easy to learn. In total 33 districts. Good for family also. Good educational institutes. Major developed cities - ahmedabad , surat , baroda , rajkot, jamnagar

State capital - Gandhinagar (25 kms away from ahmedabad
·

Comments

• edited September 2016
    ^^ To add:
    Corporate style functioning, almost everything has been digitized these days.
    People respect you and your position but don't really care much.
    Don't expect to see a DM as a "symbol of power" and "mai-baap of the public".
    The DM's clout here is limited to small and middle businessmen and his/her subordinates.
    Prelims: 3. Mains: 1. Interview: 1. Rank: (?)
    Literature of English Language.
    Dentist, bounty hunter, aspiring diplomat. Opinionated.
    ·
  • Karnataka:
    Pros
    very much educated
    very responsible middle class
    arrogant rich
    poor are so so unaware that they blame govt servants...everywhere...everytime...
    HIGH POLITICS...HIGH CORRUPTION...
    No of deaths due to political influence increasing...
    Search for DK RAVI IAS, DYSP ANUPAMA SHENOY,DYSP GANAPATHI.
    Good standard of living... In Bangalore you need 1 hour to travel 3 kms though... But in some good cities like mangalore udupi its awesome...
    seperatist movements like Tulunadu going on... There people will respect you only if you know tulu...(i mean they respect more.. they are one of best people... but they love tulu more)
    Other places people love you only if you know kannada.. Its beautiful people are cooperative... BUT IN BANGALORE YOU CAN LIVE HAPPILY WITH ENGLISH
    Hifi life
    GOOD INTERNET CONNECTIVITY
    But caste politics... THEY HAD CASTE SURVEY TOO
    No more strikes and people have patience... except recently where it was first time people outraged due to most worst judgement of SC..
    Yes we are possessive about our cauvery, our language, our culture, our people...
    If you wanna work without corruption, please dont select....
    being home state, I'm also planning not to select Karnataka!

PS: I Love karnataka alot...so much... Its such a lovely place to live... only thing is high political pressure...

Welcome! :wink:
    Its Not What You Did These Days That Matter!
    It Is Final 100 Days Countdown That Matters!
    ·
  • edited October 2016
    Rajasthan

Very good and peaceful state. no major law and order issue. Not MUCH political pressure and interference.
    There are 33 districts and seven divisions so lot of district assignment available (specially IAS/IPS).
    Developmental schemes gng on-related to water/drought/solar and wind power/oil exploration. Educational opportunity (engg and medical-kota coaching/Jaipur) for ur children. wud be children.

Some cons: during summer whether become really tough (and d largest desert u know). But it should not be a mjor concern. But you can enjoy the desert festivals as well.
    ·
  • Bihar - My home state

Pro - ample of work opportunity everywhere. Due to high population and high population density, high illiteracy, poverty, floods, droughts work is always very challenging. But your small initiatives can bring a lot of change and happiness to people and it will be your life time priceless achievement.
    It is every parents's dream there to become their children IAS/IPS. So they value civil servants. Maybe first state in our country where you are valued more than MLA/MP of that area.

Cons - A lot. high political pressure, lack of infrastructure, few good cities to live in, high corruption, no good schools for your future children, caste based politics, illiterate and goons are ministers and many more.

·
  • @pat222 - Bhai, barring a few places, every district in Bihar has a good quality school.
    ·
  • edited October 2016
    Assam:

Pros: Peaceful state (barring a few districts -- not more than 3 in total where insurgents have some sway.); Politicians respectful to all officers; good facilities; almost every district HQ is not below Tier-3 urban centre; good education facility; beautiful place; Assamese very easy to learn; nice food.

30 districts in total, so long time as Deputy Commissioner and SP for IAS and IPS.

Cons: Political interference very high, though politicians are respectful; very high level of political corruption, which leaves a lot of honest officials frustrated as they can't do anythng good for society; infrastructure might be a problem in few districts like Majuli, Sadiya etc.
    ·
  • edited October 2016
    Uttarakhand

Pros : Peaceful life, Fast promotions, People are open minded and give respect, Plus politicians are not as bad as other states No caste or region bias as there are not many Natives serving in the IAS/IPS in UK. I also feel it is good for both who are service minded and Money minded as there is scope for both good work and corruption. (I do wish the people with the latter mentality to stay the f*** out of my state)

Cons : Let me say this there is a difference between visiting nainital and mussorie for a day and actually living there. For us people in the hills we deal with non exsistent (when I say non existent it means exactly that) education and health infrastructre as well as several amenities which are taken for granted in the plains. However if you really value true inner happiness over material "show - baazi" you can take uttarakhand but I feel not everyone can stomach living in the hills. One might counter that "there are districts in the plains and it is close to delhi" but if you have that kind of mindset kindly do yourself and us the favour by keeping uttarakhand at the low end of your choices. For those who are from South India if you cant stomach the cold in Delhi I have to tell you hills are even colder.

Too many political leaders means petty meddling in a bureaucrats work

Honest opinion if I see with the perspective of an outsider keep Uttarakhand and Himanchal at the mid to low range of your choices.

We need empowered people, not great leaders
    ·
  • someone please tell about Himachal Pradesh
    ·
  • chattisgarh?
    !! आपूर्यमाणं अचलप्रतिष्ठं !!
    ·
  • Please post about work opportunities and conditions for bureaucrats in Haryana and Punjab. Thanks in advance.
    ·
  • Please post about work opportunities and conditions for bureaucrats in Haryana and Punjab. Thanks in advance.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-none-of-the-8-border-districts-in-punjab-have-an-ips-officer-2163690
    ·
  • Tamil Nadu
    Pros

Well developed state
    People have very high respect for goverment official. You are like King for ordinary people.
    Tamilians are known for their tasty food and festivals throughout the year.
    Work available at all levels. If you want to fight crime there are districts like Madurai , Ramanathapuram. Want to uplift people from backwardness district like Villupuram, Enjoy life Districts like chennai, Tuticorin etc.
    Good schools colleges available.
    People are very friendly Even if u dont know Tamil no one will ill treat you.
    Burecrats generally given large amount of power by Chief minister.

Cons:

High political interference.
    If u r too much honest get ready for transfer every 3 months. Check profile of Sagayam IAS
    Climate hot climate throughout the year. North indians need to adapt.
    ·
  • sriV said:

Tamil Nadu
    Pros

Well developed state
    People have very high respect for goverment official. You are like King for ordinary people.
    Tamilians are known for their tasty food and festivals throughout the year.
    Work available at all levels. If you want to fight crime there are districts like Madurai , Ramanathapuram. Want to uplift people from backwardness district like Villupuram, Enjoy life Districts like chennai, Tuticorin etc.
    Good schools colleges available.
    People are very friendly Even if u dont know Tamil no one will ill treat you.
    Burecrats generally given large amount of power by Chief minister.

Cons:

High political interference.
    If u r too much honest get ready for transfer every 3 months. Check profile of Sagayam IAS
    Climate hot climate throughout the year. North indians need to adapt.

Nothing to add. Everything is absolutely and 100% correct.
    ·
  • please anyone tell me about Kerala ?
    ·
  • Karnataka:
    Pros
    very much educated
    arrogant rich
    poor are so so unaware that they blame govt servants...everywhere...everytime...
    Good standard of living... In Bangalore you need 1 hour to travel 3 kms though... But in some good cities like mangalore udupi its awesome...
    seperatist movements like Tulunadu going on... There people will respect you only if you know tulu...(i mean they respect more.. they are one of best people... but they love tulu more)
    Other places people love you only if you know kannada.. Its beautiful people are cooperative... BUT IN BANGALORE YOU CAN LIVE HAPPILY WITH ENGLISH
    Hifi life
    No more strikes and people have patience... except recently where it was first time people outraged due to most worst judgement of SC..
    Yes we are possessive about our cauvery, our language, our culture, our people...

PS: I Love karnataka alot...so much... Its such a lovely place to live... only thing is high political pressure...

Add some points like1. racial discrimination , linguistic discrimination and state based dicrimaintion are very high.
    2. Except, Bangalore and Mangalore, most of the districts are agrarian and village based. Very high political interferences and lead to so many deaths .
    ·
  • edited October 2016

Karnataka:
    Pros
    very much educated
    arrogant rich
    Hifi life

Add some points like1. racial discrimination , linguistic discrimination and state based dicrimaintion are very high.
    2. Except, Bangalore and Mangalore, most of the districts are agrarian and village based. Very high political interferences and lead to so many deaths
    Stop misleading people if you are unaware of the facts.
    what kind of discrimination are you talking about? People here treat everyone nicely irrespective of their background. Leave aside few fanatics, such creatures are there in every place. Generally speaking, there is no discrimination at all. period.

Agraian and village based? Lol.
    Good Bye. See you Later.
    ·
  • Karnataka:
    Pros
    very much educated
    arrogant rich
    Hifi life

Add some points like1. racial discrimination , linguistic discrimination and state based dicrimaintion are very high.<\b>
    2. Except, Bangalore and Mangalore, most of the districts are agrarian and village based. Very high political interferences and lead to so many deaths .
    Hahaha. If this was true. Karnataka wouldn't be the cosmopolitan state which attracts people from all parts of india. One just needs to see how many successful north indian small business exists here.

Both your points are invalid and highly biased. Exceptions are not the norms
    History Optional
    "Let the fear find you again "
    ·
  • edited October 2016

Karnataka:
    Pros
    very much educated
    arrogant rich
    Hifi life

Maybe it was 20 years back, but not now! :)
    it's agro propulation is less than India's avergae...
    and lol... its developing alot... see last years GDP contribution and growth rate if you dont know!

and coming to point 1, its not state based or language discrimination. Kannadigas love kannadigas more. Proof is:

http://www.chennaimemes.in/2016/07/atrocity-by-tn-police-man-from.html
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/kannada/movies/news/Film-stars-on-the-television/articleshow/53075244.cms

if such was case In karnataka then Im sure people living in bangalore, which consists mostly of non kannada speakers would have run away by now... But Alas, they are still there.. Thus, kannadigas wont discriminate. Period.
    ·
  • pizza said:

Karnataka:
    Pros
    very much educated
    arrogant rich
    Hifi life

2. Except, Bangalore and Mangalore, most of the districts are agrarian and village based. Very high political interferences and lead to so many deaths
    Stop misleading people if you are unaware of the facts.
    what kind of discrimination are you talking about? People here treat everyone nicely irrespective of their background. Leave aside few fanatics, such creatures are there in every place. Generally speaking, there is no discrimination at all. period.

Agraian and village based? Lol.
    Hahaha, even i had near heart attack reading that!! :lol:
    ·
  • Chhattisgarh -

Pros
    1.promotion avenues tfaster than many other states
    2.low political interference
    3backward state,so if you r willing to work at grassroot level,u can bring a lot of change
    4.people are very friendly,no such issues like regional chauvinism ,in Hindi we say bhole bhale log
    5.plenty of natural resources
    6.one of d fastest growing state since last 8-10 years
    7.cities like raipur,bhilai-durg has good infrastructure,1-2 more more good towns,bhilai is also known as mini Kota,so good for medical/engineering entrance
    coaching for ur future children
    8.nice climate(forest area is 44.2% ),barring few cities , but that too easily adaptable
    9. chhattisgarhi almost like Hindi,easily understandable
    10.aiims,iit,iim everything present
    11.many tribal Nd cultural festivals

Cons;
    1 . Naxal affected,20 of 27 districts
    2.apart from 2-4 towns,not much infrastructure, especially the forest/tribal area,if u got posting in a place in dantewada,even basic minimum infrastructure is absent
    3.backward state,low literacy rates,high poverty
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google