MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Extra attempts and age relaxation in CS : Fight for it

Comments

• Any1 wants to fix an appointment with Mr. Kejriwal for this issue? Do you guys think it will help? (I am a AAP vol.)
    this "movement" has failed to get any traction with educated leaders, now only hope is with "youth" leader rahul gandhi and some hindi belt parties like SP, RJD, LJP, JDU
  • There is some news that 3 extra attempts will be given to everybody like 1979.clarify @sandyc

Means competition will be tough for next few years and number of people filling forms will be 3-4 times.

Gambit-"Once you go black ,you will never turn back."

Working Professional
    2nd Attempt
    CSE 2012 Interview
    CSE 2014 Anthropology/Political Science
  • There is some news that 3 extra attempts will be given to everybody like 1979.clarify @sandyc

Means competition will be tough for next few years and number of people filling forms will be 3-4 times.

though number of applicants would certainly go up in case of blanket increase. three factors need to be considered - 1. there might not be a blanket increase, some conditionality may be imposed to limit the numbers as well as pacify protestors 2. most of these older applicants won't clear prelims anyway, due to CSAT factor and ever increasing cut-offs. 3. ultimately, interview is the make or break for 90 percent who clear mains, and the upsc people would not favour the old guys.
    I believe this relaxation would not be helpful to 99.99 percent of beneficiaries, instead wean away another few years off their productive lives on top of the few they already have given away.
  • Guys, can you confirm it. What is the source of this information?
  • keya news hai bhai ??
    Zindagi me badi shiddat se nibhao apna kirdaar...ki parde girne par bhi taaliyan bajte rahe...

though number of applicants would certainly go up in case of blanket increase. three factors need to be considered - 1. there might not be a blanket increase, some conditionality may be imposed to limit the numbers as well as pacify protestors 2. most of these older applicants won't clear prelims anyway, due to CSAT factor and ever increasing cut-offs. 3. ultimately, interview is the make or break for 90 percent who clear mains, and the upsc people would not favour the old guys.
    I believe this relaxation would not be helpful to 99.99 percent of beneficiaries, instead wean away another few years off their productive lives on top of the few they already have given away.

Agree that there would not be major difference except in mains.Do you have any news? I have heard they have relaxed age-3years and 3 fresh attempts to everyone.
    Gambit-"Once you go black ,you will never turn back."

Working Professional
    2nd Attempt
    CSE 2012 Interview
    CSE 2014 Anthropology/Political Science
  • Register a grievance in Grievance redressal mechanism

pgportal.gov.in
  • @Learner1 ....Bro..Plz do not spread rumors....there is no official news about any such change.....moreover...Ministry and UPSC have already vehemently rejected any such proposal....
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -------Muhammad Ali
  • edited January 2014
    @Learner1 ....Bro..Plz do not spread rumors....there is no official news about any such change.....moreover...Ministry and UPSC have already vehemently rejected any such proposal....
    Considering your meaning of 'official news' there wont be any, until the notification is out. We had no idea and there was no official news if the pattern was changing or not this time even in feb 2013 (1 month before 2013 notif) but still there were rumours doing rounds that the pattern has changed for good and it proved to be correct when the notif was out.. its the same even this time, there's a high possibility that the age limit will be raised to 33 and another 2 attempts will be given to general candidates from cse 2014
    |If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine|| ||Upsc wars veteran|
  • @Learner1 ....Bro..Plz do not spread rumors....there is no official news about any such change.....moreover...Ministry and UPSC have already vehemently rejected any such proposal....
    Considering your meaning of 'official news' there wont be any, until the notification is out. We had no idea and there was no official news if the pattern was changing or not this time even in feb 2013 (1 month before 2013 notif) but still there were rumours doing rounds that the pattern has changed for good and it proved to be correct when the notif was out.. its the same even this time, there's a high possibility that the age limit will be raised to 33 and another 2 attempts will be given to general candidates from cse 2014
    i have heard the news (or "rumour") too. seems like ruling party is leaving no stone unturned to appease all it can.. anyways this decision would have little impact in the grand scheme of things as i said earlier..
  • edited January 2014
    @pessimist102 there are many people like @thor who are giving their 1st attempt at 30 and if the age limit if raised to 33 it will be a boon to them. Even I have a friend who is exactly in the same situation and profile like thor and he's waiting for govt to give him an other attempt. These guys can be effective and u cant dismiss them as having little impact.
    |If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine|| ||Upsc wars veteran|
  • edited January 2014
    @rookie latest news that i know about this is here.......

http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/no-proposal-to-relax-upper-age-limit-for-upsc-exam-govt_897670.html

Not sure about the source of this new "development" but it seems verbal only.....about the pattern change effected from this year...UPSC, DOPT AND DPA had clearly indicated that pattern change is round the corner...but in this case...all are rejecting such a proposal itself.....

If such a relaxation does happen...i will be the happiest person on this planet...... if only
    :(
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -------Muhammad Ali
  • @pessimist102 there are many people like @thor who are giving their 1st attempt at 30 and if the age limit if raised to 33 it will be a boon to them. Even I have a friend who is exactly in the same situation and profile like thor and he's waiting for govt to give him an other attempt. These guys can be effective and u cant dismiss them as having little impact.
    i agree. that is why i think blanket extension should not be given. those who have cleared csat during the pattern change should be excluded. anyways, deserving people like thor bhai would actually have positive impact and always welcome in the "grand scheme of things" as i said earlier.
  • Hello guys... Is it really true that age realaxation process at government level is really happening... Please let me know
  • edited January 2014
    Hello guys... Is it really true that age realaxation process at government level is really happening... Please let me know
    Minister of State for Personnel V Narayanasamy told Lok Sabha in a written reply a month ago, very clearly, that "There is no proposal to relax fresh attempts and consequently relaxation in the upper age limit".

http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/no-proposal-to-relax-upper-age-limit-for-upsc-exam-govt_897670.html
    http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/industry-and-economy/education/civil-services-exam-no-proposal-to-relax-upper-age-limit/article5473972.ece
    http://ddinews.gov.in/Social/Social - Headlines/Pages/upscage.aspx

Hence, it is highly improbable that any relaxation is happening. Rumours will obviously be there about it happening because people want it to be true.
  • Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • edited January 2014
    Convention/seminar on 22 January 2014 at 3.00 pm at Gandhi Peace Foundation, ITO, Nearest metro station : Pragati maidan: Issue :UPSC age/attempt relaxation , CSAT pattern: Guest speaker:MP's from different political parties + Distinguished professor from JNU and DU.Please come along with your friends . (Note:This is not a protest) . For more details can go to http://fightupsc.com to know about movement.
  • I have subscribed to their site n movement. Got this message via sms few minutes before.
  • just got Mrunal's article in my inbox..no age relaxation, no increase in attempt..
  • after mrunal's RTI, there seems a little chance that we get any favorable decision. Heartening to see the govt and UPSC just paid a deaf ear to a genuine demand
  • edited January 2014
    after mrunal's RTI, there seems a little chance that we get any favorable decision. Heartening to see the govt and UPSC just paid a deaf ear to a genuine demand
    heartening implies that something is making you happy, cheerful. is that the case? I don't think so. However, I can clearly see why you are opposed to CSAT.
  • It's a case of incorrect diction. But your comment is provocative and sarcastic. Yet, I don't mind.
    By the way, I am not against CSAT; I only wish that they give age/attempt relaxation
  • Aspirants gathered outside rahul gandhi residence and spent whole night in cold waiting to meet rahul gandhi....protesting for extra chance...
    http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/outside-rahul-gandhi-s-home-a-crowd-of-ias-aspirants-who-won-t-leave-without-his-word-477131
  • There should actually be no age limit because aspirants who are completing higher studies or are working abroad also want to return and serve the country. They will contribute invaluably due to the education, exposure and experience they have gained. Age should not matter as long as one is intellectually capable.
  • insider news that..2 attempts and 3 year age relaxation to all candidates....wait 2 or 3 days..it will be announced by dopt...its final
    Dy SP up police......
  • I think it will be a good attempt for those..who could just give 1-2 attempts and crossed their age...the need 1-2 more chance
    NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE AS IMPOSSIBLE SAYS I M POSSIBLE
  • I think it will be a good attempt for those..who could just give 1-2 attempts and crossed their age...the need 1-2 more chance
    Like me... :P
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • insider news that..2 attempts and 3 year age relaxation to all candidates....wait 2 or 3 days..it will be announced by dopt...its final
    Really really really really really hope so... :-SS [-O<
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • Hi SP608....could you please tell me the source of your information
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog