ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

CSE 2017 History optional aspirants gather here

Those who are appearing in CSE 2017 with history optional gather here so that we can share our strategy for optional and help each other.

I am going topicwise i.e each topic in the syllabus will cover from one of the following sources that I feel is better.
Ancient - Upinder singh + RS Sharma (old)
Medieval - Satish Chandra - 2 volumes + NCERT (old)
Modern - Shekhar Bandopadhyaya + NCERT (old)
World - Norman Lowe and coaching notes
Miscellaneous and left out topics from IGNOU.

I have started from today and will continue simultaneously with GS preparation.

Others are requested to post their strategy.
We can also form a group for the same.
·

Comments

• Folloeing the same.Which Bandhopadhyay are you using ? Plassey to partition or plassey to partition and beyond
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • Hi, everyone. My strategy,
    Ancient- upinder singh
    Medival - satish chandra
    Modern - bipin chandra both books, plassey to partition and beyond
    World- l mukherjee 2 books+ norman lowe
    All this with ignou material.

P.s.- there is a whatsapp group for 2017 history optional aspirants, msg me your whatsapp number if you want to get added to it.
    ·
  • Guys how are baliyan world history notes ?
    ·
  • Hi people, my optional is also history. I graduated with history honours in 2014, so history is a natural choice. The basic syllabus of UPSC matches a lot with my graduation syllabus. Although I know studying and answer writing for UPSC will be different and also study pattern owing to the huge syllabus of other subjects in the prelims and main exam.
    ·
  • can anyone provide the PDF version of Baliyan sir notes
    कर लेते है बर्दाश्त हर दर्द इसी आस के साथ,
    कि खुदा नूर भी बरसाता है, आज़माइशो के बाद...
    ·
  • Friends, there is a whatsapp group for 2017 history optional aspirants, msg me your whatsapp number if you want to get added to it.
    ·
  • @mandawar add me 9546982155
    ·
  • edited October 2016
    @vish800 they are quite bulky... you can get hardcopy from https://flavido.com/
    ·
  • https://flavido.com/ has Balyan classnotes
    ·
  • But I think hemant jha notes are better than balyan notes.
    ·
  • Has anyone read J L Mehta's Advanced Study of Medieval India? Is it better than Satish Chandra's 2 volumes?
    ·
  • Are you guys making notes from Upinder Singh?
    ·
  • SPSahab said:

Are you guys making notes from Upinder Singh?

Yes
    ·
  • SPSahab said:

Has anyone read J L Mehta's Advanced Study of Medieval India? Is it better than Satish Chandra's 2 volumes?

haan bhai volume 3 to must hai jo kahani ki tarah likhi hui hai to matter yaad rhta hai...
    Half-read : Why Nations Fail; Thinking, fast and slow
    Currently reading : Freakonomics
    ·
  • edited October 2016
    SPSahab said:

Are you guys making notes from Upinder Singh?

@SPSahab Upinder singh me bade bade naam hai jaise ke mirichachchakatika, meghadutam, abhijnanashakuntalam, aitreya brahman, etc to notes bana lo A4 par warna yaad nahi rahega.. revise karne me bhi sahi rahega... but ek ek line mat padhna. sirf ultra imp topics... socio-economic and cultural ..baki selfstudyhistory.com ne topic wise previos yr qsns diye hai to wo dekh ke ek chapter roj padhte jao..
    ·
  • edited October 2016
    mandawar said:

Hi, everyone. My strategy,
    Ancient- upinder singh
    Medival - satish chandra

P.s.- there is a whatsapp group for 2017 history optional aspirants, msg me your whatsapp number if you want to get added to it.

@mandawar bhai itna sab padhoge to GS kb padhoge?
    ·
  • Folloeing the same.Which Bandhopadhyay are you using ? Plassey to partition or plassey to partition and beyond

@GentleGiant6 same hi hai.. post indep waise bhi khaas nahi hai to ek hi baat hai...
    ·
  • mandawar said:

Hi, everyone. My strategy,
    Ancient- upinder singh
    Medival - satish chandra

@mandawar bhai itna sab padhoge to GS kb padhoge?
    As of now, I am going as per my schedule in gs and optional. But not able to read ignou material though.
    ·
  • Most probably I wont read l mukherjee also.
    ·
  • IGNOU BA material to sell at an appropriate price...much lesser than market price as my friend has changed optional... pm me if sm1 wants to buy...
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google